Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 30779 times)
kerry red

« on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:17:20 »

Don't know if many on here are interested, but this is my favourite sporting event of the year - apart from football.

Watching some of the world's greatest golfers crumble under the pressure of being in a team environment is fascinating.

US captain, Tom Watson, has got defeat written all over his face already.

Surely it cannot produce the excitement of Medina again.

Roll on Friday!
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:25:31 »

I can't wait. For me, the Ryder Cup is only just about topped by an Ashes series. Football a distant third (or fourth...)

I'm a bit wary about 2 of our rookies though (I think Dubuisson will go well) and all of our wildcard choices. Westwood is fucking dump and Poulter hasn't played any good golf since the last Ryder Cup. McGinley is a good, shrewd lad but he's not an absolute legend like Tom Watson - who has engineered an away win as captain before. Accordingly, I have a nagging feeling we might get pipped.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:28:44 »

Not generally a big fan of golf, but usually end up watching the last few hours on the Sunday.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:31:22 »

I always thought Dave was under 50 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 14:45:45 »

Love Ryder cup, probably the only Golf on TV that I go out of my way to watch.  I am with DMR, I think we will get pipped, mainly because a lot of people seem to think it will be an easy win because the Europeans have one most of the big tournaments this year...

Ryder cup is a totally different beast, form means nothing.  The only thing I am not looking forward to is the US fans insistence to be the first to yell "get in the hole" on every fucking yank tea shot, does my head in.  The fact that Sky Sports strap line for the Ryder Cup is "bring the noise" does not help...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 15:52:41 »

The only thing I miss about not having Sky Sports, will just have to record the BBC highlights.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 17:07:42 »

Love Ryder cup, probably the only Golf on TV that I go out of my way to watch.  I am with DMR, I think we will get pipped, mainly because a lot of people seem to think it will be an easy win because the Europeans have one most of the big tournaments this year...

Ryder cup is a totally different beast, form means nothing.  The only thing I am not looking forward to is the US fans insistence to be the first to yell "get in the hole" on every fucking yank tea shot, does my head in.  The fact that Sky Sports strap line for the Ryder Cup is "bring the noise" does not help...

Mostly agree Bernie...except Europe has the edge, with playing at home, that the Americans still have 'team issues' as only one player turned up prior to the Open to have a practice round with the Captain, and the Americans still have the mental scars of Medinah.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 18:36:14 »

Watson looks far from a beaten man to me. I think he will be an inspirational captain.
 I too think the yanks will win. Will be close though.
Followed Westwood for half his round on Sunday and gave up as he was so shit. Donald should have been picked I fear. The Rory, gmac friction a concern.
Whatever the result it will be brilliant. I love it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 18:50:12 »

Love my golf but the Ryder Cup has never really grabbed me. Prefer the Majors everytime, guess I just see as an individual sport I suppose.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 19:50:34 »

Never been into other golf at all, unless pitch n' putt counts.

Always liked the Ryder Cup, but the last one was one of the greatest sporting contests I've ever seen. Brilliant comeback.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 20:44:24 »

Can't wait for this - love the Ryder Cup - normally dislike/disinterested in golf unless it's this or a trip to the driving range! Think Europe will win once again - EUROPE! EUROPE! EUROPE!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 09:33:22 »

Gallacher has been very poor, he really needs to get going on the back 9 or I have a feeling we won't see him again until Sunday
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:04:19 »

Gallacher has been very poor, he really needs to get going on the back 9 or I have a feeling we won't see him again until Sunday

That said, Poults hasn't been great either
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:05:15 »

Spot on.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:12:02 »

I have no interest in golf generally but I always get hooked on the Ryder Cup, not least because golf on the radio is ace.

Gallagher and Webb Simpson can probably sort out a day trip of some sort for tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: