Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27278 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:53:36 »

Very poor from Wes for the goal. He'd have that 9 times out of ten - but great save to make up for it after that.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:54:43 »

Very poor from Wes for the goal. He'd have that 9 times out of ten - but great save to make up for it after that.
he bottled it which is unlike Wes.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:01:27 »

I notice they're persisting with playing 'Glad All Over' when we score. In the history of man kind, probably a million songs have been written, almost all of which are not instantly associated with other football clubs so WTF do we have to use one which is??

Re. the goal, I would say it was not a bottle job, more the fact that Wes didn't want to give away a pen. The defence put him in a pretty shitty position to be fair.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:25:31 »

McQuoid overcooked a touch which made it look like Wes would deal with it. I'm just glad he didn't break his wrist or something similar.

The goal music usually disappears around October/November. Normally when it comes on after a disallowed goal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:29:22 »

Re. the goal, I would say it was not a bottle job, more the fact that Wes didn't want to give away a pen. The defence put him in a pretty shitty position to be fair.
That was how I saw it too. So you're probably wrong Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:36:49 »

He nearly got it spot on. Looked to me  like the strikers boot but the ball at the same time as wes glove.  Only one winner there.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:45:38 »

I notice they're persisting with playing 'Glad All Over' when we score. In the history of man kind, probably a million songs have been written, almost all of which are not instantly associated with other football clubs so WTF do we have to use one which is??

To be fair, we used to play "Glad all over" after scoring in the mid 1960s when that song first came out. I expect that Reg was one of those who used to kick the perimeter fence along to the tune back in those days.  So I would argue that we are not copying Crystal Palace (or anyone else) but, that said, it's a bit shit - as is the f-ing awful 'shouty man' performance by the announcer!  Both should be dropped!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 14:16:04 »

Not really much you can do when your hand gets crunched by a boot.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:09:58 »

re: pricing, Just open the bank and charge a £10-£15. No season ticket sales just turn up on the day, use a membership scheme to keep away Crispy and his mates, jobs a goodun. It'd certainly tempt me back regularly.

Sorry if already mentoned, I couldn't be arsed to read the thread.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:53:53 »

Opening up and staffing a new stand doesn't really make sense. They have the TE for the same thing, although it's £19.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 17:08:17 »

Let's face it, if you paid some of them to come they still wouldn't - and then moan about the club!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 17:40:37 »

But they are not fans as such,it is the walk up customer that is lacking at the moment as it's clear the usual hardcore is still there. My point is it is up to the club to get them back. Charging 25 quid a game then banging on about  sustainability  while not paying bills on time is likely to make them think here we go again.

Fans close to the club know the score but talk to anyone else and they are under the impression the club is fucked and a lot of that is due to negative media that the club has got and that all stems from the club not wanting to talk to the press at all

Very good post. I agree.

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:51:49 »

Not really much you can do when your hand gets crunched by a boot.
It looks as though he's not committed. His body isn't in behind it.... which it should be.. He's gone with hands only, weakly.

Every keeper makes mistakes. We're very lucky to have one where when one happens it's noteworthy. It's incredibly rare. With Griemink, Glass, Talia (bar his POY season) Lanzano et al it was commonplace.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:56:26 »

No but then there usually won't be for one-off promotions which was what Fitton/Wray/Black attempted in terms of matchday prices. They gambled on boosting season ticket sales with low ST prices coupled with high matchday prices. Which pretty much worked, but then hit a bit of a (probably natural) plateau. But it then takes more than a one-off price cut to get non-ST fans back in in any numbers - not least because once you stop going for a little while, you quite often don't hear about any one-off price cuts anyway.

We seem to have reset the supporter base back to the pre Fitton days where gates of 6-6500 were the norm. Remember  the race to 6K which built up the season ticket base and was maintained off the back of the 2009/10 season and then the Paolo promotion season. The end of last season and the court case/low budget news would give anyone wavering the chance to pass up renewing. I do feel the earlier and earlier renewal deadlines for the best deals don't help either.

Once you break that cycle with supporters of buying a season ticket then a £25 walk up doesn't seem that attractive with 3 home games in a week.  Maybe we need to have a few buy 2 league games at full price and get the 3rd game for a tenner or similar as people will pick and choose their games otherwise.

At least it doesn't seem as bad as the Wills/Diamandis days when the to season tickets were ramped up the best part of £400 and the attitude seemed to be 'charge what we like as 4500 will turn up whatever'. Hope we don't hit those lows again soon or that the club take a few they need to sell before the deadline to cover a revenue gap
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: