Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39150 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 09:46:08 »

Well that was like a pre season run out and awful spectacle.

Two good goals ...Williams was very good from where I was in the TE...saw it go in as it left his foot.

We will play better and lose this season...maybe at Crawley we already have!

If I were a Crewe fan, I'd be worried. Awful...
It wasn't that bad, it wasn't as good as the Scunny game but Crewe came with absolutely no ambition for anything other than a point.  Sadly i feel it is comments like this and the one on the radio which will not help build up attendances as the waverers will just listen to it and say "no thanks".
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 10:10:43 »

I actually quite enjoyed it, I guess some people don't like the 'pedestrian' pace and patient approach and others do. Based on attendances though, I guess more are not in favour?
I do think we missed an opportunity yesterday to up the tempo  little and rattle in some goals rather than "just getting the job done"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 10:15:07 »

Ref your Brad Smith comment totally agree and one other point though was often the balls to him yesterday went behind him instead of in front that would have given him that extra yard.
It will come though I am sure,

Duke, do you know the old guy sat in front of you, very loud chants of come on you reds and generally telling the players to hurry up when taking corners. He's going to be a real pain in the ass this season I reckon, along with an old git up by me who seems very angry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 10:51:22 »

I'm surprised (well, not entirely) at some of the negative and critical comments about our performance yesterday - we beat Crewe comfortably and professionally without taking any risks which is vital with such a small squad at our disposal currently. Yes, it wasn't edge of the seat stuff but it didn't need to be. We got 3 points and kept a clean sheet. Job done.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 10:58:43 »

Crewe were there for the taking and we couldn`t take them.....

We won 2-0. Without ever really stepping above 2nd gear.

Id rather a dull win than a frustrating defeat. If we cant be happy with 3 points we are screwed.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 11:53:18 »

We clearly didn't play to our capabilities, which is good.

With 46 league games plus X amount of cup games why push yourselves beyond what you have to when teams like Crewe come to Town with zero intentions of competing?

Swindon left the game with 3 points, no new injuries (crucial given our squad size), no yellow cards and no red cards.

Perfecto.
kerry red

« Reply #186 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 11:54:37 »

Duke, do you know the old guy sat in front of you, very loud chants of come on you reds and generally telling the players to hurry up when taking corners. He's going to be a real pain in the ass this season I reckon, along with an old git up by me who seems very angry.

Do you mean the old fella that sits in the very front row of the Arkells?

'Get it up,  Swindon' is his favourite, and very frequent, pearl of wisdom
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 12:10:55 »

Do you mean the old fella that sits in the very front row of the Arkells?

'Get it up,  Swindon' is his favourite, and very frequent, pearl of wisdom

Nah he's towards the back of the DRS. I applaud his efforts to create an atmosphere but reckon when the chips are down he's going to be ultra loud and negative.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spud

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 12:21:39 »

That was one of the most comfortable Town games that I've ever seen. I know that we're only 4 games in, but if I was a Crewe fan, I'd be very worried.

Kasim and Williams were our stand out players. Byrne and B.Smith got in the positions but lacked that final ball into the box.

Still undecided about going on Tuesday?
kerry red

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 12:36:47 »

Tis only 12 squid.

Get yer arse down there
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 12:42:19 »

shocking highlights, doesn't even show Branco's tackle
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 13:01:57 »

shocking highlights, doesn't even show Branco's tackle

My cat could've edited the highlights better than that.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 13:06:12 »

My cat could've edited the highlights better than that.

It is pretty poor. Did they get the work experience kiddie to do it or something?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 16:34:20 »

It wasn't that bad, it wasn't as good as the Scunny game but Crewe came with absolutely no ambition for anything other than a point.  Sadly i feel it is comments like this and the one on the radio which will not help build up attendances as the waverers will just listen to it and say "no thanks".

One man Propaganda machine me...

I'm tempted to pull an Orsen Welles style 'War of the Worlds' newscast when we play the shitheads.

Forget the £25 price tag....Flash is a cunt and I'm not going cos he says its poor (I am but that's not the point).

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 16:59:18 »

Ha ha that will be Podge. He is harmless enough.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: