Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town no closer to new faces  (Read 10551 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 18:19:43 »

Being optimistic is risky. If you embrace negativity you can bask in the glory if the worst happens, telling everyone you knew it would happen.
Personally I think we'll be mid table at worst and am prepared to take the consequences if I'm wrong. I'm not overly concerned and the opening game won't change my outlook,  regardless of the result (Remember the opening game in our play off season against Gillingham?) We'll get the players we need and we'll be ok.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 18:50:27 »

Opening month always throws up dodgy results. Always.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 19:19:23 »

Norwich 1 Colchester 7..

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:18:49 »

Think I'll have a tenner on us getting relegated. Want kids to cime through and do well but think this could be a long hard season if new players are not brought in and quickly.
leftside

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:31:51 »

If you embrace negativity you can bask in the glory if the worst happens, telling everyone you knew it would happen.

I understand what you say, and this maybe true for some. Before the start of last season I was openly pessimistic (some may have seen it as negative) partly and genuinely based on an objective assessment of the squad, manager and oposition. Also, in part due to a natural tendency to err on the side of caution and not be too disappointed if the season resulted in a relegation battle. There's no way I'd want to bask in the glory of predicting a disappointing season. I'm also happy to pay due respect to the management and players for doing as well as they did last season, especially with the behind-the-scenes bollocks (ownership, Jed the Shyster and Ranger for eg) that had to be endured.

If Cooper & Co can replicate last season with what appears to be a weaker squad, then they will deserve a hell of a lot of praise. (I wish he would chill a bit post-match, though!).
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:41:39 »

A week before the season started last year did we actually have a manager?  Jed putting out bollocks about Glen Hoddle being his mate and being in negotiations with Tisdale - which he promptly back tracked on when asked on the radio!!  We did better than I thought we would last season, let's hope those players still here have grown up a bit and we may be able to enjoy the season.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 22:00:37 »

Think I'll have a tenner on us getting relegated. Want kids to cime through and do well but think this could be a long hard season if new players are not brought in and quickly.

You might win back the tenner you lost last season then arriba. :-)

Do agree that we need to bring a few in though, especially a centre half or two.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 11:17:27 »

Personally, whil everyone wants to see instant success, I would be ready to accept a mediocre season results-wise, and give Power (& Cooper) the chance to fulfil the promise that they are building for the future - a strategy which cannot be achieved overnight, or even on one season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 12:56:59 »

Our squad isn't too disimilar to the start of last season. As long as stuff is goign on behind the scenes to bring in some new players in the next few weeks I'm ok with that.

It's not like we're going to be buying anyone.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 16:35:39 »

When the fixture list came out I did my usual "we will win here, nothing there, possible draw there etc. etc." and came up with 71 which looks a tad optimistic now!

Having said that, I watched the Southampton and Leeds games and the main problem currently, as we are all aware, is lack of cover in defence and in the forward line, other than that I am relatively happy providing we do not just sit with the squad as it stands.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: