Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Gerrard  (Read 5978 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:10:01 »

Call me soft or whatever but some of the shit I've heard going towards Town players, just for having a bad game, is complete OTT. For a lack of effort, yeah give them a bit of stick but full on abuse is out of order IMO.

And no, they shouldn't expect it. If you genuinely believe that you are a tool.
Abuse is totally justified for a lack of effort. Professional footballers should never give anything less than 100% and then expect fans not to pick them up on it.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:13:58 »

Never - although I was extremely vocal for a long time against McMahon.

'Get that Scouser out!'
Out of interest what was the reason for all the hatred towards McMahon? My first year as a ST holder was 96/97 & was only a kid back then so was only really interested by what was going on on the field!!

DRS

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:15:08 »

Abuse is totally justified for a lack of effort. Professional footballers should never give anything less than 100% and then expect fans not to pick them up on it.
ok so what if a player does give a fuck gets abused just for cheating on his wife for example?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:20:31 »

ok so what if a player does give a fuck gets abused just for cheating on his wife for example?
Read my post again. I'm talking about abuse for a lack of effort ON the field.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:33:20 »

Out of interest what was the reason for all the hatred towards McMahon? My first year as a ST holder was 96/97 & was only a kid back then so was only really interested by what was going on on the field!!

McMahon wasn't a very nice person, he ripped the heart out of the club with his treatment of loyal and able back room staff like Andy Rowland and John Trollope; tbf to McMahon he probably did this because Rikki Hunt used to send him on management courses, run by his RH's company, in which they espoused newspeak management bullshit.  He then replaced them with his Scouse mates.

We also used to play some fairly horrendous 5-4-1 football at times....tbf he wasn't all bad, but on balance, his departure was welcomed.
kerry red

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:45:23 »

It was sweet when he got 'run out' of Highworth one evening!

Scouse fucker
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 15:53:21 »

Fairly certain you missed my point unless you genuinly believe the uruguay fans boo suarez. In that case you are wrong.As for not being a cunt tell me what Ashley Cole done wrong as a England player to warrant being booed by his own fans
Cole falls firmly into the cunt category. Suarez was a bad example.
Call me soft or whatever but some of the shit I've heard going towards Town players, just for having a bad game, is complete OTT. For a lack of effort, yeah give them a bit of stick but full on abuse is out of order IMO.

And no, they shouldn't expect it. If you genuinely believe that you are a tool.
I'm happy with what I said and happy to be a tool
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 20:28:14 »

Gerrard reminds me of John Barnes, brilliant for Liverpool but bar a few really good games generally wank for England
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: