Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Gerrard  (Read 5924 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 14:50:12 »

If people really believe there's less pressure on players who play for Germany,  or Spain, or any other successful national team then they're deluding themselves. English players at the top of their game  just can't handle it. It's not the fans, or the press, or anything else external,  it's them. The money excuse is also bollocks. I don't think anyone in the German side is struggling financially.
Poor tactics, poor selections, poor attitudes and mentally weak. Those are the real reasons we're shit at major tournaments.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 14:54:40 »

If people really believe there's less pressure on players who play for Germany,  or Spain, or any other successful national team then they're deluding themselves. English players at the top of their game  just can't handle it. It's not the fans, or the press, or anything else external,  it's them. The money excuse is also bollocks. I don't think anyone in the German side is struggling financially.
Poor tactics, poor selections, poor attitudes and mentally weak. Those are the real reasons we're shit at major tournaments.
Thats pretty much what I was going to say but you've said it so much better.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:13:13 »

Fully agree.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:18:32 »

Germany were a good example during the WC of a team that didn't panic, they wanted to play their game and it worked for them.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:39:23 »

Agree to a certain extent, but we can only pick from the players that we have at our disposal.  I can't think of a better central midfielder than Gerrard, since Scholes retired and Gazza before him that would have made England better in the past 6 years.

Was he as good for England as he was for Liverpool? No. Was the group of players he was playing with for England better than Liverpool, probably not for the majority of that time (bearing in mind they worked day in day out with each other), was he doing his best for England with the players that he was playing with?  Of course he was.

I just don't get the "should have retired years ago" jibes when a player decides to retire, and "he's shit anyway", we didn't have anyone better.  I was saying the same thing when people were calling for Rooney to be dropped in the WC, we have nobody better than him likely to put the ball in the back of the net.  You can blame Woy for the tactics and formations, but you can't blame him for the level of player that he has to pick from, and getting on the players backs and slagging them off is hardly going to make them better.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DRS

Re:
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:50:47 »

wouldn't say less pressure but alot lot less susupport of our national team Steve.Most of these players have shown at club level they can handle pressure no problem but i think when your own fans boo you during an england game jusj because you play for liverpool or cheated on cheryl cole they probably stop giving a fuck
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 17:41:16 »

wouldn't say less pressure but alot lot less susupport of our national team Steve.Most of these players have shown at club level they can handle pressure no problem but i think when your own fans boo you during an england game jusj because you play for liverpool or cheated on cheryl cole they probably stop giving a fuck

I'm not sure that Daniel Sturridge has been booed by England fans (although I don't go & watch them anymore so he may have).
However, he missed three good chances in one of the games in the world cup (can't even remember which one as I have purged most of it from memory) which he would have scored for Liverpool.,

It's not because he is shit, so the only thing I can think of is that it was the pressure or weight of expectation of playing for his country.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 19:12:47 »

Players generally get the reception they deserve and I can't think of a player who can't win the crowd over by either a good display or showing they give a fuck or by not being a cunt. Players get booed, players from another club get slagged. So the fuck what. Get over it. Do German players never get booed. Do Spanish players not get booed. How about Suarez. You can either prove the booers wrong or prove them right.
DRS

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 23:54:00 »

Players generally get the reception they deserve and I can't think of a player who can't win the crowd over by either a good display or showing they give a fuck or by not being a cunt. Players get booed, players from another club get slagged. So the fuck what. Get over it. Do German players never get booed. Do Spanish players not get booed. How about Suarez. You can either prove the booers wrong or prove them right.

Fairly certain you missed my point unless you genuinly believe the uruguay fans boo suarez. In that case you are wrong.As for not being a cunt tell me what Ashley Cole done wrong as a England player to warrant being booed by his own fans
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 06:21:22 »

The Brazilians boo'd Fred. The rotters.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:56:13 »

Has anyone on here ever booed a town player?  Hmmm
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 10:05:28 »

I booed Andy Monkhouse, but he had just scored for Hartlepool.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 12:41:18 »

A fair few. I can take lack of talent, we are a 3rd division club. What I take exception to is lack of effort, no excuse for it...
kerry red

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 12:52:40 »

Never - although I was extremely vocal for a long time against McMahon.

'Get that Scouser out!'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 13:35:45 »

Call me soft or whatever but some of the shit I've heard going towards Town players, just for having a bad game, is complete OTT. For a lack of effort, yeah give them a bit of stick but full on abuse is out of order IMO.

And no, they shouldn't expect it. If you genuinely believe that you are a tool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: