Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunderland fined for fielding ineligible player  (Read 6567 times)
kerry red

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 08:41:43 »

The premiership has been amazing this season, I haven't followed the FL ( with the exception of us) much this season to be honest.

It's another reason to want Sunderland to go down that's for sure, and interesting to see if Preston will lose any points....

TBH I wouldn't expect, or want, Preston to be penalised because of the actions of some of their individual players.

Doesn't sit well with me
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 10:19:20 »

Not surprised at all...

Preston should be left alone but players given massive bans.

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:30:54 »

If you look at how the PL spared WHU from a points deduction over the Tevez there is a degree of corrupt consistency

It's all to late now for the FL now but they could at least give them a fine equivalent to the £ Sunderland made out of their little run to the Final, surely?
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:56:11 »

I don't think the FL will do anything other than a nominal fine at best. They are desperate to keep the PL teams in the League Cup to give it credibility, even though that's rewarded by most PL teams playing their reserves.

Ditto the FA Cup, the FA do fuck all about PL teams playing weakened teams for the fear the PL will go it alone.

As an aside, does anyone have credible links to the actual events of our demotion and what Spurs / Chelsea did as well? There's too much anecdotal bollocks for me, I could do with actual facts to back up my never ending sense of grievance.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:54:44 »

Obviously just me but I have some sympathy with Sunderland. He was their player who had returned from a season long loan at another club, and they forgot they had to re-register him.

And whilst they have made a mistake, it's not (in my opinion) as bad as signing a new player and not registering them.

Also, from what I understand the woman responsible in the clubs offices who made the mistake was immediately fired.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 11, 2014, 11:42:32 »

Also, from what I understand the woman responsible in the clubs offices who made the mistake was immediately fired.

Rather than being fined...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: