Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunderland fined for fielding ineligible player  (Read 6526 times)
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 12:02:15 »

Seriously, I don't like how underhand it's all been done in the secretive part of the PL. Hell, we don't even know how much they've been fined. They should have at least had their point earned, whilst the player was on the pitch deducted.

Exactly. How many other teams have been quietly fined without anyone else knowing about it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 12:06:27 »

Some things never change, shit on the small teams and let the big ones get away with a slap on the wrist.  Roll Eyes
It is, obviously, completely wrong and utterly hypocritical and typical of the Premiership's "sweep everything under the carpet, don't damage the brand" approach, but Sunderland a "big team"? Seriously?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 12:11:08 »

but Sunderland a "big team"? Seriously?
Although I don't look on them as a historical "big club" any team that can regularly draw 45,000 plus must be classed as a fairly big club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 12:15:35 »

Although I don't look on them as a historical "big club" any team that can regularly draw 45,000 plus must be classed as a fairly big club.
True, but this was being used in the context of them having clout within the Premier League. In that context, they're hardly a Spurs/Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea. They're not even an Everton, just one of several yo-yo clubs who flit in and out of the Premier League as relegation cannon fodder for the "proper" top flight clubs to pick points up off (or act as the occasional banana skin)
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 13:11:20 »

Well, at least there's some shit at Sunderland that can't be blamed on Paolo.

They'll get relegated anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 13:28:52 »

Well, at least there's some shit at Sunderland that can't be blamed on Paolo.
He was in charge for 3 of the 4 games concerned.
kerry red

« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 13:34:01 »

That's me told!!

I blame Paolo now
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 13:39:55 »

That's me told!!

I blame Paolo now
Ha ha, in fairness, it's the club secretary's job. I doubt many managers would know about that kind of stuff, they'd just assume the secretary had filed the correct paperwork
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 14:49:48 »

So the PL decided to do nothing after being told by Sunderland.

Did they inform the FL at the same time re the Capital One Cup competition they were in?

Not tht I have any sympathy for the Dongs but I'd be mightily pissed off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 15:05:42 »

Fucking scandalous decision.
southside frank

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 18:37:37 »

The premiership so desperate not to harm the "brand". Its a load of shit, they broke the rules and they should have been correctly punished. Sunderland  cheating, Tranmere caught up in dodgy betting. I bet the cunts still think they are so rosy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 19:37:20 »

On their worst run of the season with one point out of a possible 18 - they're quite capable of going down even breaking the rules. 

The lack of transparency between the discovery of the offence and the reporting of the outcome would be disturbing if anyone here gave a XXXX about the premiershit
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 4, 2014, 19:53:04 »

I'm disgusted, but not remotely surprised.
Levi lapper

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 05:07:23 »

On their worst run of the season with one point out of a possible 18 - they're quite capable of going down even breaking the rules. 

The lack of transparency between the discovery of the offence and the reporting of the outcome would be disturbing if anyone here gave a XXXX about the premiershit

The premiership has been amazing this season, I haven't followed the FL ( with the exception of us) much this season to be honest.

It's another reason to want Sunderland to go down that's for sure, and interesting to see if Preston will lose any points....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 07:29:25 »

FA Cup:

Badford City expelled: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/206396647
Bury expelled: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6215275.stm
Droylsden: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7799125.stm

And that's just the cup competitions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: