Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28907 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:49:44 »

So where does this leave us now?

Nailed on for the play offs?
OR
Not a cat in hell's chance?

We've had both sets of reactions this season (made quite aggressively in some cases)  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:50:09 »

We weren't two down but for fantastic come backs, WBA in 94-95 take some beating. 2-1 down with 30 mins to go and we won 5-2. It tends to get forgotten, probably because we ended up going down at the end of the season. Amazing game though. I know cos I was there, as Max Boyce would say Wink

Yeah, but it wasn't coming back to win from 2-0 down...or even 3-1 down or 4-2 down etc. away.  It's quite rare at home.

We did stuff Stockport a couple of consecutive seasons 5-2, 4-2 under Kingy...but don't recall us being 2 behind anytime.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:51:30 »

Yeah, but it wasn't coming back to win from 2-0 down...or even 3-1 down or 4-2 down etc. away.  It's quite rare at home.

We did stuff Stockport a couple of consecutive seasons 5-2, 4-2 under Kingy...but don't recall us being 2 behind anytime.
I did say that Reg to be fair Roll Eyes
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:53:29 »

Wahaay!  Superb result.  Just finished this weekend's long run and I'm aching in places I've not ached for a long time.  Perfect news to get at the finish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:55:22 »

I was driving to the Outlet Village and the same happened with the Colchester and Rotherham games.

Conversely I was at the outlet when we went 2 0 down, home for the second half. I didn't really need our  comeback to know I should never go shopping. Ever.

Though I did pick up some timberland boots for 30 so it was almost worth it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:58:07 »

Out litter picking with the kids, got back in to find us 3-2 up. If this is any kind of lucky omen, our lane will be the tidiest in Wiltshire come the end of the season Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 17:59:26 »

So where does this leave us now?

Nailed on for the play offs?
OR
Not a cat in hell's chance?

We've had both sets of reactions this season (made quite aggressively in some cases)  Hmmm

Certainly put a stop to a drift into an end of season slump. which might have looked possible at half time. We must be about to lose Ranger, for a while or longer, which is a blow, but atm, we've quite a big squad what with players coming back from injury etc...that's 3 unbeaten on the road now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:00:13 »

I was painting the study,  the house will be like a show home come the end of the season  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:01:10 »

Out litter picking with the kids, got back in to find us 3-2 up. If this is any kind of lucky omen, our lane will be the tidiest in Wiltshire come the end of the season Smiley

Has Michael Gove been punishing you for being a very naughty boy?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:02:36 »

Great come back again and must be a shoe in for team of the week award!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:03:54 »

Fair play to that Mr D. That is a fine thing to do. Seriously, I'm not taking the piss. Selfish, self centered, low life scum chucking all manner of crap out of their car windows is an absolute bug bear of mine. It would be a capital offence if I had my way Yes
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:05:59 »

You were saying?.....

Yep, I guess that statement went down the pan.  Not that I am upset about it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:06:33 »

Has Michael Gove been punishing you for being a very naughty boy?
Ha ha, I did suggest we should all wear hi-vis vests with the words "Volunteers, Not Doing Community Service" on them to avoid any confusion among passers by Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:07:40 »

Yeah, but it wasn't coming back to win from 2-0 down...or even 3-1 down or 4-2 down etc. away.  It's quite rare at home.

I'm pretty sure that Oxford game has to be the last time it happened Reg. 2-0 after about 6 mins iirc and I think Mark Stein was one on one vs Digby after 8 mins but Fraser, as so often was the case, did the business and kept him out. From that point on we went from strength to strength.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:08:30 »

Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night. Was that the last time we won from 2 down? Roberts had a stormer.
Great result today, and unbeaten away on 3. We aren't out of the play off push, as much as it annoys me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: