Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31876 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 23:17:59 »

And if the current form continues, I would imagine they'll drop further as the season progresses.

Have we got more games further afield this season, which could have impacted on the figures?

Well, I must be super loyal then, I've been to 3 more away games than home games so far
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 23:30:20 »

Who was it that use to post the stats thread where it showed current standings and points needed for relegation/safety and promotion. All this relegation talk has got me worried could we not get this up and running again so we can smash the first target and start to relax.  
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 23:49:57 »

We had a charismatic passionate manager last year

I'm going to get stick for that
That's absolute bollocks.

MacDonald was about as passionate as the fish counter in Waitrose.
fatbasher

« Reply #243 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 23:50:51 »

That's absolute bollocks.

MacDonald was about as passionate as the fish counter in Waitrose.

Liar, we don't have a waitrose in swindon..............yet. Coming soon but not yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 08:06:53 »

Who was it that use to post the stats thread where it showed current standings and points needed for relegation/safety and promotion. All this relegation talk has got me worried could we not get this up and running again so we can smash the first target and start to relax. 

Me.

52 is the guaranteed safety point.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 08:42:40 »

Aaaaaand… this week's comedy show:

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 08:52:38 »

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Go back to the 4-3-3 that we looked good playing. Get Kasim in the holding roll and forget about him going forward (Coopers mindset to get him further up the park is stupid considering the other players we have!) stick Luongo and Mason/Harley in there with him. Ranger up top with Pritchard on one side and N'Guessan the other or Byrne perhaps away from home for his pace. Drop Hall, play Branco and Ward and maybe even get TAH back in when fit.

don't make stupid comments like

"Everyone knows we need a number nine that wants to fight for the club and wants to run about like the rest of them"

Every game i've seen this season Ranger has been excellent, worked hard, held the ball up brilliantly etc. He's not the problem the manager is! I heard that in McEveley's interview as well.

Expectations were low at the start of the season but we have some of the best players we've had in this division for many a year and what is being achieved i don't think is good enough!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 09:02:24 »

don't make stupid comments like

"Everyone knows we need a number nine that wants to fight for the club and wants to run about like the rest of them"

Every game i've seen this season Ranger has been excellent, worked hard, held the ball up brilliantly etc. He's not the problem the manager is! I heard that in McEveley's interview

You didn't go to Saturday or Tuesday then? Or Brentford Boxing Day other than the first 20mins. Nile's not been winning his headers or holding the ball lately. He loses interest when he gets isolated I think.

Wouldn't say no to the team you've picked in your first paragraph particularly though.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 20, 2014, 09:12:36 by Paolo69 » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 09:55:33 »

I am baffled by people throwing their toys out of the pram saying they aren't gonna go on Saturday because our away form is shit. We're not away on Saturday? and our home form is excellent!

Not surprised at performance or result. We need to find a formation and just fucking stick to it. I can take losing if they at least attack and try to win the game. I think we'll end up midtable this year, which is probably a bit better than I expected in pre-season, then I think some coaching changes and a change of philosophy are needed in the summer. This nice football style isn't producing nice football anymore, we are lacking in very basic areas and its becoming more and more obvious that we don't research the teams we play anymore.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 10:17:55 »

Only managed to catch the second half driving back from Devon but from what I heard we were doing ok until the second against run of play goal. Cooper doesn`t like Ranger and he makes that pretty bloody obvious, which I think is unprofessional especially as he is without doubt a talented footballer - I like Cooper but he is inexperienced and needs to set up not to lose away from home - something he is struggling to do - he can`t blame the players if he is picking the system by which they play. Home games I have been too - we look confident most of the time. Personally  I don`t like McEveley  as he comes across as someone who blames everyone but himself....keep the faith we won`t be that far off the play offs come the end of the season.

Bathtime
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 10:42:51 »

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/AveragePointsPerGame.asp?Season=2013-2014

That uses an average based on the past 10 years, not sure if DV figures out the entire league every week.

Only managed to catch the second half driving back from Devon but from what I heard we were doing ok until the second against run of play goal. Cooper doesn`t like Ranger and he makes that pretty bloody obvious, which I think is unprofessional especially as he is without doubt a talented footballer - I like Cooper but he is inexperienced and needs to set up not to lose away from home - something he is struggling to do - he can`t blame the players if he is picking the system by which they play.

If anyone is unprofessional then it's undoubtedly Ranger!

It's not fair to call Cooper inexperienced either given that he's been managing since 2004 and has over 400 games as a manager, albeit not all at league level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 11:10:57 »

Only managed to catch the second half driving back from Devon but from what I heard we were doing ok until the second against run of play goal. Cooper doesn`t like Ranger and he makes that pretty bloody obvious, which I think is unprofessional especially as he is without doubt a talented footballer -

Managers are normally so complimentary about players that can't be arsed...

I like Cooper but he is inexperienced and needs to set up not to lose away from home - something he is struggling to do -

He's trying isn't he. We tried 4-6-0 for a bit, that's a the biggest attempt not to get beat we could do!  

Not saying Cooper shouldn't be criticised, but the players aren't putting it in either. I'm sure they aren't deliberately being half arsed away from home,  but  they don't look like they are busting a gut either. Probably as mentioned a confidence/conditions thing.

Wish we had a midfield bruiser.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 11:21:27 »

Quote from: Batch link=topic=53502.msg1249385#msg1249385 date=1390216257

Wish we had a midfield bruiser.
[/quote
Is there any truth in the rumour that Steve Foley and Chris Kamara are going to be tempted out of retirement? No No
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 11:26:16 »

Darren Bullock?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 11:47:37 »

I posted in response to something by Reg a month or two back that the comings and goings in Jan and impact it might have on our ability to win away would decide our season.  Looking at it right now, seems pretty evident we have a team capable of bossing others in the right conditions, but with inexperience and less than favourable conditions (being away seems to cover that), we'll continue to be up and down until a nice safe mid table finish becomes our natural home. C'est la vie.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: