Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23107 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:44:04 »

Fuck me even the Stevenage manager says once you have sussed their ( swindons ) plan A there is no plan B

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25532200
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:49:21 »

Fuck me even the Stevenage manager says once you have sussed their ( swindons ) plan A there is no plan B

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25532200

I think we know that anyway....if you believe in the possession game, and you carry it out properly, then in theory it should deliver results, it's just that often we're not good enough to carry it out. Should we change...not in my opinion, I'd rather see us trying to play progressive football and failing, than taking the Westley model..
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:43:54 »

He's worth every penny. If he sorts out his fitness I'd have him as captain over Ward.
Agree, he really cares and it shows in the way he plays.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:50:17 »

"Highlights" up now. Christ those are crap goals to give away.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:55:36 »

Yep. It will be impossible to make up those 4 whole points, we had might as well just give up now.  Roll Eyes

Did you go last night!!?Huh??

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:01:24 »

Did you go last night!!?Huh??

You know I didn't.

But I do know that our final league position is determined over the course of a season and not one match, regardless of how poor it may have been.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:07:17 »

You know I didn't.

But I do know that our final league position is determined over the course of a season and not one match, regardless of how poor it may have been.

I think it's fair to say we won't make the play-offs by winning all our home games and losing every away game, although it should ensure a top 10 finish which is very respectable.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:17:08 »

We are within 4 (four) points of a playoff place with half the season to go yet some would have one believe that reaching the playoffs is unrealistic.

OK then.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:19:11 »

That was some awful 'defending' by Hall for that penalty... sweet baby Moses!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:35:59 »

Pub team defending, both goals easily avoidable.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:41:56 »

We are within 4 (four) points of a playoff place with half the season to go yet some would have one believe that reaching the playoffs is unrealistic.

OK then.
With a good run of results pretty much any side in the division can still make the play offs even Stevenage and Shitty.....unlikely as it may seem, its silly to write us off so early in the season when everything is still very much to play for.

if any side wins the next 4 or 5 games they will be well in the mix, with our Jekyll and Hyde team that we have it only takes a few lucky/good results to breed and instill confidence again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:22:15 »

With a good run of results pretty much any side in the division can still make the play offs even Stevenage and Shitty.....unlikely as it may seem, its silly to write us off so early in the season when everything is still very much to play for.

if any side wins the next 4 or 5 games they will be well in the mix, with our Jekyll and Hyde team that we have it only takes a few lucky/good results to breed and instill confidence again.

Totally agree JJ, but we definitely need to start picking up points on the road.  Unfortunately there seems to have been a fair number of performances away from home that have been exceptionally poor it's hard to see that completely turning on its head.

3 points on Saturday would be a start!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:44:00 »

Branco got done for the second didn't he! Can't really tell if Hall was hopelessly out of position for legitimate reasons (like we lost the ball while he was joining the attack).
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 21:36:59 »

Yep. It will be impossible to make up those 4 whole points, we had might as well just give up now.  Roll Eyes

The opinion of an armchair fan
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 21:39:52 »

The opinion of an armchair fan

you should probably change your username. How about Stupid Fucking Cunt?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: