Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23100 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 09:21:01 »

Budget will be cut back even more next season as has been stated by Power, so can assume it will be more difficult next year than this.

A big chunk of the cuts will come from Benson, Williams, TAH and Navaro, Rooney and Cox off the wage bill. Not all are huge earners but they aren't benefitting us at all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 09:26:51 »

Its so frustrating our away form is so lame given that our home form apparently is better than Brentfords!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 09:29:14 »

We'll lose Pritchard, Mason, Hall and if we're honest, Ranger too. If we can then hold the rest of it together and buy intelligently then we won't be much worse off than we are now. We'll probably need a replacement for Jay Mac and maybe even Wes? Even with the summer cuts I don't think we'll be in too bad a position.
Fuck all that noise for now though, we're still in touching distance of the play offs and face a Peterborough side who are all over the shop in the JPT, still potential for this season yet.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 09:39:32 »

TBH do we really want to go up just to be another one season wonder a la Yeovil.

We may well be on the way to becoming a sustainable club but we are miles away from being able to be competitive in the Championship.

That does need serious cash
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:07:19 »

TBH do we really want to go up just to be another one season wonder a la Yeovil.

I'd take it just for the change of scenary, different teams, different grounds. I'm bored shitless of playing the Tranmere's, Colchester's, etc of the world for the best part of the last 15 years.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:28:12 »

A big chunk of the cuts will come from Benson, Williams, TAH and Navaro, Rooney and Cox off the wage bill. Not all are huge earners but they aren't benefitting us at all.
Totally agree. I'm sure Yeovil offered Williams a deal to make him the highest paid player in the clubs history on 5k a week before he signed for us so I would imagine he will be on that here. Pretty sure I read that Benson was on 3k a week & Troy and Navarro will probably be on similar!! Cox will probably be on less again & I thought Rooney had already agreed a mutual termination of his contract!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:35:08 »

I'd take it just for the change of scenary, different teams, different grounds. I'm bored shitless of playing the Tranmere's, Colchester's, etc of the world for the best part of the last 15 years.

We get the change of scenery every so often by getting relegated to Div 4...and then coming straight back up, but that means a decent season....atm we're about in our historical rightful place, it would require a seismic shift off the pitch, for us to take a significant step forward...and that's not going to happen under Lee Power. 
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:40:36 »

it would require a seismic shift off the pitch, for us to take a significant step forward...and that's not going to happen under Lee Power. 

For a sustained period in the Championship yes, not necessarily for a 1 season stint up there which I'd be perfectly happy to happen.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:43:32 »

Well Ive seen us outplay, at times, the top2 sides on their own patch so our problem seems to be motivation for the less glamorous games,which unfortunately does not bode well for Saturday.How can I get it through to the players that my local pride is at stake?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:56:45 »

Might want to add McEverley & Ward to that list too

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:26:36 »

McEverly is ace and skill. SO SHUT UP
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:35:49 »

Well Ive seen us outplay, at times, the top2 sides on their own patch so our problem seems to be motivation for the less glamorous games,which unfortunately does not bode well for Saturday.How can I get it through to the players that my local pride is at stake?

My work pride is as well, work with a Gills fan. Really cant be arsed to deal with gloating on Monday!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:40:58 »

McEverly is ace and skill. SO SHUT UP
And expensive

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:46:43 »

My work pride is as well, work with a Gills fan. Really cant be arsed to deal with gloating on Monday!
Boys from the blackstuff.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 12:08:35 »

And expensive

He's worth every penny. If he sorts out his fitness I'd have him as captain over Ward.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: