Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in...  (Read 8501 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 22:00:28 »

Some of that seemed at odds with itself

Doesnt want/need another investor but if posh want all wages paid for Ajose we cant afford him

Not at all. If we're going to break even there is a limit to the wages you can pay out. Having another investor cover the losses isn't sustainable or breaking even.

Saying all the right stuff for me. The only way lower league clubs will survive in the future is by reducing wage bills and becoming more reliant upon loan players. Nothing wrong with that and it benefits everyone, except for the lower league players that will get paid less or be out of a job.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 22:32:38 »

Not at all. If we're going to break even there is a limit to the wages you can pay out. Having another investor cover the losses isn't sustainable or breaking even.

I was going to say something like that.

Since when has jonny started making sense? (It's been happening quite frequently lately) Has somebody hacked his account?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 22:42:58 »

I haven't listened and this is only going by the Trust's tweets, but there are some holes in what he says. Just if you were being picky.

Has already halfed the wage budget from 5 mil, needs to be around 1.6, Yeovil got up with 1.2  But squad real worth with loanees etc - 3mil

Not that I'm moaning but that doesn't sound right to me. Our other costs were usually £2.5m or thereabouts, but our sales about £5m. Haven't had the detail in the accounts for the last couple of years though. I guess we'll see how the audited accounts from last season look when they're released.

I'm not really sure all four of the loanees are really worth £7k a week (even if that is their average wage). For some reason a wage budget £400k more than Yeovil's last season amuses me, probably because it makes us officially tin pot Smiley

As a ex agent has contacts and thinks we get offered players first at L1 level

Doesn't need new investors, thinks his model will continue to work after leaves

Errm, that model is that we get offered players first and we save money because of quality loanees, which are down to Power's contacts and him being an ex-agent. How does the model work when the man who has that leaves?

Praise for @bertthebold 'graciously' flipped the written off debts for Jed to him

What does this mean?

If ground needs redeveloping or re locating Lee will bring in someone else to over see it

This is my big concern but it always will be with whoever owns us or is involved.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 22:51:21 »

What does this mean?

Can't remember where I read it, think it came from Jed, but it appears that....

When Black sold the club to Jed there was a sell on clause, so when Jed sold the club a payment of £3m to Black became due. When Power took over, Black didn't activate it and instead agreed for it to be passed over to Power.

Think that's what he was referring to.

Since when has jonny started making sense? (It's been happening quite frequently lately) Has somebody hacked his account?

I don't think I've ever talked as much crap as I've been given credit for.

Pretty certain I said the same thing (need to break even) when Black et al were in charge, if not I was definitely thinking it.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 9, 2013, 22:54:13 by jonny72 » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 23:04:29 »

We're going to struggle to maintain a play off push if we losr key players next month but we have to accept thay we need to cut costs and sell players to be self sustainable as a club.

I think Power's plan makes sense. Relying on loan and young prem cast offs will be the way forward for a lot of clubs in the coming years.

The big question remains the long term vision with regards to the CG. For years now its always been a big question mark that has never been answered by previois boards and I dont think it will be with this one either sadly.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 23:05:10 »

Only caught about half of the interview but he spoke openly, honestly and very professionally. Pretty impressed but obviously actions will obviously speak a lot louder than his words.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 00:12:29 »

Can't remember where I read it, think it came from Jed, but it appears that....

When Black sold the club to Jed there was a sell on clause, so when Jed sold the club a payment of £3m to Black became due. When Power took over, Black didn't activate it and instead agreed for it to be passed over to Power.

Think that's what he was referring to.

I don't think I've ever talked as much crap as I've been given credit for.

Pretty certain I said the same thing (need to break even) when Black et al were in charge, if not I was definitely thinking it.

Ah cheers that would make sense.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 09:04:16 »

Well I certainly seem to remember you saying it then too, against the tide of "He's got loads of money so he should sling it all at Di Canio to piss up against a wall". You were right then and you're right now and for exactly the reasons you've set out in this thread.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 17:39:20 »

I'm not really sure all four of the loanees are really worth £7k a week (even if that is their average wage).

Think you got the sums wrong on that.

Current wage bill is £2.4m, claimed worth of £3m is £600k for the loan signings, works out about £3k a week.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 19:41:22 »

Think you got the sums wrong on that.

Current wage bill is £2.4m, claimed worth of £3m is £600k for the loan signings, works out about £3k a week.

Not the sums maybe the interpretation..I read it as even with a £1.6m budget with loanees it would be equivalent to £3m but looking at it your post makes more sense.

However, how many players are part of that wage bill who are effectively worth nothing to us? Cox, Rooney, Navarro, how much of Benson's wage is getting picked up etc. I do think it works both ways.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: