Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fan power article  (Read 7147 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:01:33 »

There you are then. Easy to carp.

Yeah, but I'm not the one moaning about us needing fan ownership.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:04:37 »

Perhaps Riddle could resurrect his away day match reports, keeping the tradition of barely mentioning the game, whilst having paragraph upon paragraph of drinking and stripper chat. I'd read it.

Have they been spotted recently? Last time I saw them was at Crewe away, when leroy dropped his guts and cleared out the pub post game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:04:47 »

Re Regs nits, apologies for the Ritchie slip, terrible really.

As for the 'Captains of Regional Industry' I wasn't talking about Town at that point, but more the game in general, how it's gone from prominent local chairs, to opaque foreign ownership models when no one, including the Club staff in many cases, has a clue who really pulls the strings.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of Towns ownership, prior to the lat 80s when I started going, maybe you should write a piece on it for The Washbag, if you could be arsed. I'd be interested to know more.

I completely lack the discipline to write seriously these days....used to do the odd bit back in the early fanzine mid to late 80's, but then I kind of took a lot of things seriously...whereas now I don't.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:05:27 »

Yeah, but I'm not the one moaning about us needing fan ownership.
Perhaps not, but you were happy enough to criticise the efforts of those who had been trying to bring it about. Easy to say, not so easy to do
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:18:23 »

I completely lack the discipline to write seriously these days....used to do the odd bit back in the early fanzine mid to late 80's, but then I kind of took a lot of things seriously...whereas now I don't.

Did you have a hand in the 69er (so to speak)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:21:33 »

Did you have a hand in the 69er (so to speak)

Reg would be more of a BTN man, I'm sure.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:22:28 »

Have they been spotted recently? Last time I saw them was at Crewe away, when leroy dropped his guts and cleared out the pub post game.

I saw Leroy at the CG before the Carlise game, I nodded, he blanked me.

The MOS way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:52:00 »

Where's Townfish these days? Used to see him around loads, but not seen him for ages. Although that might be due to my own change in habits - tend to just go to the game then go home these days rather than go to the pub before/after. Ah, the joys of parenthood!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 14:54:46 »

<"")))><
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:08:50 »

MOS messageboard was great craic.

Leroy and Riddle used to basically talk about Millie Clode and meatball marinara subway sandwiches and very little about football.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:10:40 »

MOS messageboard was great craic.

Leroy and Riddle used to basically talk about Millie Clode and meatball marinara subway sandwiches and very little about football.

Millie Clode was amazing though.

You do the site a disservice though, there was also  the forensic post match analysis.............................

Of that weeks MasterChef.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:11:40 »

The idea mooted in the article is about as far from parliamentary democracy as you can get while still being a democracy.

Parliamentary democracy isn't really a democracy is it? Did you or I get to vote on the recent MP pay rise?

Spot on...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
DRS

« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:12:06 »

We have to many different supporter groups already imo. Just have one big one and make clear what and why you are doing things.

This statement for example

Strengthen the bonds between the club and community through regular, open and honest Q&A sessions between the board, Trust STFC and Swindon Town Supporters’ Club.

The moment they allowed Jeremy Wray to speak at a meeting but not go on record done it for me.Personally I would like to see the supporters club and the Trust start from scratch as a new entity.Now with th the right PR etc I think they could actually get a lot more people on board and get bigger numbers
DRS

« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:17:11 »

Also on the trust site do they have a forum?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:21:08 »

The idea of fan representation is a noble one and worth pursuing I think. Stumbling block is to hold any say over decisions at the club (or even to really be involved in discussions) any fan group would need some kind of financial weight behind it as well as just goodwill and intent.

With the best will in the world, don't see where that money is coming from.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: