Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fan power article  (Read 7148 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:44:00 »

Perhaps not, but you were happy enough to criticise the efforts of those who had been trying to bring it about. Easy to say, not so easy to do

No, I criticised people just talking about it and not doing anything about it.

I haven't seen any actual efforts to bring fan ownership about, just a lot of people talking about it.

First problem is having the Trust and a Supporters Club. Probably some others. We're too small to have multiple groups.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:44:17 »

"The moment they allowed Jeremy Wray to speak at a meeting but not go on record done it for me."

Oh good, this one again.

It was a public meeting, are you honestly saying if you'd been there (I wasn't incidentally) and Jezza had turned up and said 'look, there's things I want to say, but due to non disclosure agreements (or what ever it was) they can't be minuted' you'd have said 'No Jeremy, keep stum, that's against the basic principle of a trust'?

Bollocks, you'd have been baying for gossip, just like any of us.

"Personally I would like to see the supporters club and the Trust start from scratch as a new entity.Now with th the right PR etc I think they could actually get a lot more people on board and get bigger numbers"

I agree with this, a better, more official link up between Trust and Supporters Club, maybe even one membership for both, would, imo, be a very positive step.
DRS

« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:47:19 »

"The moment they allowed Jeremy Wray to speak at a meeting but not go on record done it for me."

Oh good, this one again.

It was a public meeting, are you honestly saying if you'd been there (I wasn't incidentally) and Jezza had turned up and said 'look, there's things I want to say, but due to non disclosure agreements (or what ever it was) they can't be minuted' you'd have said 'No Jeremy, keep stum, that's against the basic principle of a trust'?

"Personally I would like to see the supporters club and the Trust start from scratch as a new entity.Now with th the right PR etc I think they could actually get a lot more people on board and get bigger numbers"

I agree with this, a better, more official link up between Trust and Supporters Club, maybe even one membership for both, would, imo, be a very positive step.
The NDA is over now,is he prepared to go on record so you can say them now. You are right about wanting gossip but this a trust,a group who want to be taken seriously,if like you say that is the case someone on the board should have made it clear it is either minuted or nothing said at all.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:49:03 »

Ha ha. If he was under an NDA he couldn't discuss any of it at a Trust meeting.

And if I'd been there I'd have said bollocks to that, I'm recording it and putting it on YouTube.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:51:49 »

The NDA is over now,is he prepared to go on record so you can say them now. You are right about wanting gossip but this a trust,a group who want to be taken seriously,if like you say that is the case someone on the board should have made it clear it is either minuted or nothing said at all.

I don't disagree, BUT the make up of the trust has changed since then, and I think it's a bit harsh to constantly use this to bash them every time the topic of fan ownership comes up.

I wasn't there and don't know what was said, but am happy to email those who were and see if he's happy for it to go on record now.

If only so we don't have to have this discussion every time the word 'Trust' is mentioned.
HexstaticSTFC

« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 15:58:34 »

I was at that trust meeting, everything JW said in that meeting has now been disclosed by the man himself on this very forum.
DRS

« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 16:08:24 »

I don't disagree, BUT the make up of the trust has changed since then, and I think it's a bit harsh to constantly use this to bash them every time the topic of fan ownership comes up.

I wasn't there and don't know what was said, but am happy to email those who were and see if he's happy for it to go on record now.

If only so we don't have to have this discussion every time the word 'Trust' is mentioned.
That is fine but it is a gripe I have
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 16:11:41 »

That is fine but it is a gripe I have

So I've noticed. ;-)

I agree it's not ideal, but I think we should be able to move on from it.

Also, how often did Jed hide behind NDAs when asked questions he didn't want to answer? Jeremy is hardly unique here, and I feel the fault lies with him, not the Trust.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 16:37:05 »

Also, how often did Jed hide behind NDAs when asked questions he didn't want to answer? Jeremy is hardly unique here, and I feel the fault lies with him, not the Trust.
Disagree. The problem was not with the non-disclosure per se, but allowing it in a meeting that was supposed to be open and minuted. DRS is right, it goes against the Trust's ethos. You're also right though that while it was certainly a bollock dropped, the Trust should be able to move on from it.

I'd suggest getting a plant going to the next Trust meeting and offering to reveal stuff so long as you don't minute it, just so you can go "No. That would be wrong. We have made that mistake before and now we have learned from it". Then stand there looking all square-jawed and integrity-ful. Maybe with a slight wind ruffling your hair a bit.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 16:45:37 »

Disagree. The problem was not with the non-disclosure per se, but allowing it in a meeting that was supposed to be open and minuted. DRS is right, it goes against the Trust's ethos. You're also right though that while it was certainly a bollock dropped, the Trust should be able to move on from it.

I'd suggest getting a plant going to the next Trust meeting and offering to reveal stuff so long as you don't minute it, just so you can go "No. That would be wrong. We have made that mistake before and now we have learned from it". Then stand there looking all square-jawed and integrity-ful. Maybe with a slight wind ruffling your hair a bit.

Not on the board, so I can't do that, it's a fine idea though, even if the person I'm thinking who'd be ideal to do it, would need a wig or possibly hair plugs to pull it off.
DRS

« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 17:16:21 »

By the way is there a forum on the trust site?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 17:23:40 »

Not currently no
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 17:27:55 »

By the way is there a forum on the trust site?

The forum on the old Trust site ended up with Stilton talking to himself....it's a shame he couldn't have lured Dosser in there, they could have had hours of fun.
wigglesworth

« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 18:40:17 »

Gerry Stilton and Dosser finally getting to post on a forum together would be like the movie HEAT. Two behemoths of the internet finally on the same thread. Make it happen.

MOS was a classic back in the day, Lerot, Riddler and KingstonRobin used to take up far too much of my Saturdays 

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 9, 2013, 18:46:54 »

Kr lurks on here. I expect Leroy and riddel, do but they are probably too busy bumming each other  to post Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: