Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Places/Events in the UK you haven't got around to visiting but wish you had.  (Read 5074 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:05:17 »

I don't think I'm dead yet so have plenty of time to visit places in the uk

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
scillyred

« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:20:46 »

Scilly Isles by ferry from Penzance - hoping Scilly Red will put out an "all are welcome to stay" invite.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No     

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:21:45 »

He'll shit on your lawn  Smiley
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:30:20 »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I promise to keep off the booze Scilly Red. Can't promise anything anything about your lawn though  Wink
scillyred

« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:36:46 »

He'll shit on your lawn  Smiley

Could not afford a lawn  Sad
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 22:48:10 »

Lincoln is excellent - one of my favourite places. You've got the cathedral and castle just across from each other. I really like lincolnshire but I think Sleaford Red may have a different take on it.
One area I'd love to explore is Berwick / Alnwick. Will get there one day but the kids won't stay in the car that long without taking each other out. 

I love it here, hence the decision to stay when I left the RAF.  Just moved to Coningsby, so here for the long term!  Only down side is 4 hours each way for home games!  Bit wet at the moment mind!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:26:37 »

Visited the New Forest for the first time at the weekend, loved it.

Never considered myself much of a 'rambler' but really pleasant doing some walking through heathland and the woods near Lyndhurst, ably helped by the sunshine I must admit. Nice and quiet (bar a bit of traffic) too, for a city dweller such as I am made me keen to spend a bit more time in the countryside.

Also, for you fact fans, discovered that the Alice who inspired Lewis Carroll's stories is buried in the churchyard at Lyndhurst, so there's that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:35:25 »

Did you pop to the little cafe on the edge of Lyndhurst (on the Ashurst road)? Lovely fry up! I've stayed at the Ashurst campsite many times. Lovely walks, a train station,  2 pubs and an Indian restaurant all within walking distance. Plus, it's a 1hr 15min drive from home.
kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:13:37 »

I love it here, hence the decision to stay when I left the RAF.  Just moved to Coningsby, so here for the long term!  Only down side is 4 hours each way for home games!  Bit wet at the moment mind!
When/were you in the RAF?

I did a tour of Masirah back in the day
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:23:25 »

Did you pop to the little cafe on the edge of Lyndhurst (on the Ashurst road)? Lovely fry up! I've stayed at the Ashurst campsite many times. Lovely walks, a train station,  2 pubs and an Indian restaurant all within walking distance. Plus, it's a 1hr 15min drive from home.

Didn't find that one no, we stayed at the Crown at the top of the high street and their breakfast was more than sufficient! Surprised by the pubs down there actually, in that quite a number were pretty naff. The Fuller's was good, but so is the one at the end of my road in Croydon! Was one really decent Free House called the Waterloo Arms, tucked away a bit and opposite the police station so doubt they get much trouble  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: