Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Places/Events in the UK you haven't got around to visiting but wish you had.  (Read 5107 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 22:31:29 »

Dozens of places but one place i have my eye on is Port Merrion in North Wales..a kind of weird show village.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 22:42:32 »

I'm  not a number, I'm a free man.

Wait, that was Portmeirion. Is that where you meant?
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 22:49:21 by Batch » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 22:57:05 »

I think Lee is thinking of the pottery place  Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:06:44 »

Been to many Towns and Cities in England over the years but in all truth it's mainly just there and back for football matches. Now the kids are older we have drifted away from the traditional beach holidays and started to spread our wings away from Cornwall and The south west. Cumbria and Scotland are two on the list of places to visit.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:13:42 »

Yorkshire Dales then drive over North Yorks Moors to Whitby and then drive down the coast to Scarborough.  All this will be during winter when it's gloomy, cold, wet, windy, etc so the landscape is at its rugged best.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:14:05 »

Can recommend Cumbria, been all over it and love the place. One of the few places I would move to in England. The lakes, the coast, and Carlisle is quite a nice place. I also like the open spaces of Northumberland.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:23:05 »

Can recommend Cumbria, been all over it and love the place. One of the few places I would move to in England. The lakes, the coast, and Carlisle is quite a nice place. I also like the open spaces of Northumberland.
The mountains and lakes of Cumbria in pictures and on programmes looks stunning, Definiately need to make the effort to get up there.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:26:22 »

Walked most of it, I can only say good things
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 23:27:57 »

Northern Ireland on the lash wouldn't be a good idea still. In general its quite safe, but the pubs can be well dodgy if you go in the wrong one.

I know what you mean, went fishing in Enniskillen years back, bloke comes in the pub, i am told to put a pound in the pot. Didnt question it, didnt want to get knee capped by an IRA hitman
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 07:48:24 »

Lincolnshire...been to just about every other bit of the UK, generally if not specifically, but for some reason never been there. Have meant to go to one of the away games, but something has always stopped it. The cathedral in Lincoln would be a priority.
Lincoln is excellent - one of my favourite places. You've got the cathedral and castle just across from each other. I really like lincolnshire but I think Sleaford Red may have a different take on it.
One area I'd love to explore is Berwick / Alnwick. Will get there one day but the kids won't stay in the car that long without taking each other out. 
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 08:34:12 »

Lincoln itself the only thing Lincolnshire has got going for it, IMO.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 09:17:29 »

Lincoln is lovely but that big hill can fuck off.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 10:10:44 »

Northern Ireland on the lash wouldn't be a good idea still. In general its quite safe, but the pubs can be well dodgy if you go in the wrong one.

Please dont discourage him, it will be for the greater good.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:00:04 »

I'd like to explore Scotland more.  We've done south west Scotland, Dumfries way and beyond.   I'd love to explore the highlands, and I need to go to Edinburgh.

Shameless shout out to anyone who hasn't visited North Wales - I live there - it is one of the most beautiful landscapes I've seen.  It would take a lot to prise me away.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:04:10 »

I stayed in Scotland between Christmas and New year 1995, in the cairngorms. Happened to experience the coldest recorded temperature ever in the UK... -27c. When you sniffed it actually froze your snot  Too Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: