Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season so far  (Read 7162 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:46:08 »

7th in League (Joint 6th on points)
3rd round League Cup
1st Round Fa Cup
Area Semi Finals Johnstones Paint Trophy.

I think everyone would take that.

Which is what baffles me, sitting in the crowd and reading some of the comments on here its like we are in a relegation battle. To bring in almost a new team, losing big players I think its remarkable how well we have done. Think the successes in the league and cup over the last couple of seasons has hit a few town fans hard.

There are 40 other teams in the football league who would happily swap places with us.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:48:28 »

League and 2 x cups are great. But not reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup is very disappointing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:55:32 »

Macclesfield humiliation notwithstanding, I'm utterly delighted with how the season's gone so far. It's been way, way better than anything I would have dared to hope for at the end of last season.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 23:06:35 »

League and 2 x cups are great. But not reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup is very disappointing.
The only thing that was disappointing gir me was the way we got knocked out
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 23:08:55 »

It's gone quite well. I've been more Impressed with the Off field stuff, and the on going plans. Don't get me wrong the season has been pretty good, but it could have been better so far, with a little more, err something, whether that be luck or belief I don't know, whatever happens this year, I think we'll be a force to be reckoned with next year for sure, once all of the wrinkles have been ironed out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:13:46 »

We're doing OK, kind of in our natural position. Still work to be done to maintain that because recent years have shown that it's easier for us to go down than up.  That should not be derided as an achievement.
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:22:33 »

The reason some people are disappointed, I think, is that they see the home form and cannot fathom how the away form is so shite.

With half decent form on the road we would be well amongst it.

On the other hand, without the home form we would be in amongst the dead men
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:54:48 »

I'm also very happy with our position as it stands, and would have taken it gladly during the Summer.

For me, the disappointing and sometimes frustrating aspect of this season has been the inconsistency the team have shown at times. If we could consistently maintain the form we know that we are capable of then we could be a force to reckon with in this league.

A perfect example is the difference in performance of the Notts County and Walsall home matches, only 4 days apart but a chasm in difference in performance, even taking into account that the two teams set up very differently against us and are obviously of differeing quality.

However, all that being said, it's all part of supporting a lower league team, and if it weren't for the lows then the highs wouldn't seem quite so sweet.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:58:56 »

We usually have a blip around winter time
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:16:14 »

Happy and mildly chuffed so far. I wasn't looking forward to this season at all but (up to the Macc game)  I'm enjoying it more than last as I had no expectations.

When you think of everything the club has been through in the last year it looks like we are in a solid position which we would have all taken back in January.

However, I really can't believe that we've gone from a solid team defensively into utter utter shite.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:19:12 »

I want my money back Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:30:18 »

I think it's been a good season so far, barring what happened Macclesfield, and hope it continues.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:13:44 »

After the upheaval in the summer anyone had said we'd have beaten QPR away, had a top 4 club visit, be two teams from Wembley and would be on the verge of the playoffs I'd have thought them mental.

Unfortunately, although a mid table finish would be a pretty decent season, particularly as we are still hamstrung by high earners, its really difficult not to start to raise expectations. Its not really fair on the youngsters. But I can't help it.

So a much better 3 months than expected. But now I expect more, or I did.

The Macclesfield result/performance was probably the kick in the nuts reality check that I needed.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:15:23 »

I'm losing interest to be honest. I know literally everyone else in the world will disagree but even when we're at our blistering best I find the patient passing game so fucking dull. I'm not saying we should go full on Paul Sturrock, just that I find the style boring. The little atmosphere we ever managed to create has finally died too.

If it wasn't for the fact my mates are all fucking retardedly fun I wouldn't bother going any more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:21:20 »

I know literally everyone else in the world will disagree but even when we're at our blistering best I find the patient passing game so fucking dull.

Nope, don't totally disagree (assuming you are serious). Watching the best passing team in the world (Spain) bored me rigid in the world cup. Tippy tappy flicky fanny football.

Think I'm a bit old school. I love a bit of the blood and guts mixing it up in with the footy.

But I wouldn't quite go as far as you in that I think when we are being incisive, attacking, its a joy to watch us carve open teams.

I do think quite a sizeable number of the crowd think we overpass at times in the name of keeping the ball without risk. There was quite an audible sarcastic cheer as we worked the ball back from the opposition half to Belford.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: