Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season so far  (Read 7161 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:37:08 »

I wonder how the people that think "we are in crisis" were feeling this time last season? I know a few people (Gerry Stilton for one judging by his tweets) look back on the last administration as some sort of golden age, but at this time in 2012 we were in a very similar position.

- 6th in the table, with 6 points more than this year but having played 2 more league games, (won 8, drawn 5, lost 4 GD 11 compared to this years 7,2,6 GD 9)
 - Progressed one more round in the FA Cup, but obviously hadn't played anyone of Chelseas class.
 - Out of the FA cup in the first round to Macclesfield at home rather than away
 - Out of the paint pot in the first round to fucking Oxford

Were people reaching for the panic bottun then?

..never go back.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:39:06 »

Quite an interesting comparison, that.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:39:47 »

The football we play is better this year, but the defence is much, much worse. That's my only concern really. With the ball we are brilliant and a pleasure to watch but without it, particularly the back 4, we are causing ourselves too many issues.

No need to push the panic button just yet, but I think reinforcements are needed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:40:20 »

Are people reaching for the panic button now?

I don't think so.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:48:38 »

Contrary to jayo, I have enjoyed our style of play this season more than our style of play under Di Canio (or Sturrock).

I'm happy with the season so far and there are far more positives than negatives around the County Ground lately.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:51:04 »

The style of football is more or less what I had expected. The results are better though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:53:29 »

Are people reaching for the panic button now?

I don't think so.

Maybe just the bottun.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:06:43 »

Frustration is probably what most feel rather than negativity.
Before last season kicked off I didnt expect us to be around the play off places but settling for a consolidation season in the top half of the table.
Well we were better than that and if the season hadnt fallen apart in Jan I reckon auto promotion was on the cards
Now that was frustration.Yeah I know we made the play offs but should have gone up auto ( guess thats how Tranmere fans looked at it and Lorient are at the mo )
If I had been offered todays position before the season started I would have taken it - bar going out in rd1 of the FACup again.
Honestly didnt think we would be where we are now.
In many ways this seasons start mirrors last years - and lets hope thats as far as the comparison goes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:19:15 »

I wonder how the people that think "we are in crisis" were feeling this time last season? I know a few people (Gerry Stilton for one judging by his tweets) look back on the last administration as some sort of golden age, but at this time in 2012 we were in a very similar position.

- 6th in the table, with 6 points more than this year but having played 2 more league games, (won 8, drawn 5, lost 4 GD 11 compared to this years 7,2,6 GD 9)
 - Progressed one more round in the FA Cup, but obviously hadn't played anyone of Chelseas class.
 - Out of the FA cup in the first round to Macclesfield at home rather than away
 - Out of the paint pot in the first round to fucking Oxford

Were people reaching for the panic bottun then?

Out of interest, who apart  from Stilton as you mentioned thinks we're in crisis.  I'm not sure you should be using him as an exemplar.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:44:36 »

Out of interest, who apart  from Stilton as you mentioned thinks we're in crisis.  I'm not sure you should be using him as an exemplar.

Not many. Though a few people have had their moments. Weren't you making comments along the lines that Cooper had to win at least two of the next four games or his job would be on the line only a couple of weeks ago, because we'd lost two on the bounce?

All I'm trying to point out is that the form now is pretty much the same as the form at the same point last year, and as I've lost count of the number of times threads have ended with several people inisisting that we were nailed on for promotion last season until Black took his ball home and the one I'm not allowed to refer to emptied his pram and left, I thought people would be a bit more positive than they are.

..never go back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:56:02 »

Not many. Though a few people have had their moments. Weren't you making comments along the lines that Cooper had to win at least two of the next four games or his job would be on the line only a couple of weeks ago, because we'd lost two on the bounce?

All I'm trying to point out is that the form now is pretty much the same as the form at the same point last year, and as I've lost count of the number of times threads have ended with several people inisisting that we were nailed on for promotion last season until Black took his ball home and the one I'm not allowed to refer to emptied his pram and left, I thought people would be a bit more positive than they are.

I see, I said after the 2 defeats that Cooper needed a couple of wins in the next 6 to be Ok. I was referring to league games, although Malpas got sacked for losing back to back FA and JPT games after a 3 game undefeated run in the league (inc 2 wins), I would have expected Cooper to survive a loss say on pens last night.

PV game provided a win, so another win and a couple of draws over the next 5 games would be OK.....it'd help if the draws were away.

In relation to last season, I think the feeling was that after turning down $ for Ritchie and assembling a large squad of players with fair experience of Div 3 upper echelons, we were going shit or bust for promo. This season it's more about maintaining current status, after a difficult period...nowt wrong with that, but it doesn't quite grab the attention of the average fan or potential fan so much.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:07:23 »

I'm losing interest to be honest. I know literally everyone else in the world will disagree but even when we're at our blistering best I find the patient passing game so fucking dull. I'm not saying we should go full on Paul Sturrock, just that I find the style boring. The little atmosphere we ever managed to create has finally died too.

If it wasn't for the fact my mates are all fucking retardedly fun I wouldn't bother going any more.
The answer is simple. Don't bother going you miserable git.
kerry red

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:12:32 »

There's nothing I like better than my team showing up the opposition as a bunch of cloggers.

Taking the piss is tops
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:20:40 »

The answer is simple. Don't bother going you miserable git.

Or carry on with what I have been doing which is getting smashed and jumping around like a teenage girl at a Westlife gig.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:35:06 »

Frustration is probably what most feel rather than negativity.
Before last season kicked off I didnt expect us to be around the play off places but settling for a consolidation season in the top half of the table.
Well we were better than that and if the season hadnt fallen apart in Jan I reckon auto promotion was on the cards
Now that was frustration.Yeah I know we made the play offs but should have gone up auto ( guess thats how Tranmere fans looked at it and Lorient are at the mo )
If I had been offered todays position before the season started I would have taken it - bar going out in rd1 of the FACup again.
Honestly didnt think we would be where we are now.
In many ways this seasons start mirrors last years - and lets hope thats as far as the comparison goes

Pretty fair summary really!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: