Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help Choosing a new phone  (Read 14606 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 14:42:44 »

Do you want a phone that just makes calls? I had a £10 type phone on loan whilst my smart phone was being fixed. I thought something was wrong with it because the battery indicator didn't move from full, and this was after a week! My phone does all I need and was free on contract. I couldn't justify paying £400-£500 on a phone, nor would I pay £50 a month on a contract. Then again I'm over 20.  Smiley
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 15:25:24 »

Well you are wrong to disagree with his disagreement.
Roll Eyes
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:12:59 »

I think its interesting how some machines - phones, laptops, TVs, cars - inspire people to develop strong opinions and affinities, whereas others - ovens, toasters, washing machines, fridge freezers don't.  I can't imagine a thread like this about fridge freezers.  Imagine it - the great BEKO v Hotpoint debate. 

Age coming through again.  Search for phones that do all the things you need from it.  Get the cheapest one.  Realise its a phone, not a "lifestyle choice" and get some friends. 
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:19:59 »

Agree. Although I do fancy an iphone 3GS for myself. I really like the shape and the fact that is seems to be better than my £150 (a year ago) Huawei.

P.S. Washing machines have gotta be Miele! Ovens, probably Bosch (at least the hob anyway), while Beko do some efficient tumble dryers.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:23:24 »

I just bought an HTC One 64gb and it's fucking awesome. Fantastic build quality too.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 21:01:52 »

Agree. Although I do fancy an iphone 3GS for myself. I really like the shape and the fact that is seems to be better than my £150 (a year ago) Huawei.

P.S. Washing machines have gotta be Miele! Ovens, probably Bosch (at least the hob anyway), while Beko do some efficient tumble dryers.

pppfffttt, gas hobs all the way

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 22:42:58 »

Even though I am an Iphone user, I did try Android with the HTC one and couldn't get on with it.  (I have been Iphone right from the start.)  Having said that, the HTC one was a top piece of kit.  If I could have got IOS 7 on the HTC One I would have gone with that, other phone makers have caught up hardware wise, it's just Android I think is very wooly and more complicated than it needs to be.

Roll Eyes

Oh lighten up you mardy twat.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 11, 2013, 22:46:27 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 00:12:26 »

pppfffttt, gas hobs all the way
Bosch make gas hobs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 20:24:26 »

I briefly used a friend's iPhone the other day and I didn't have a clue how the fuck anything worked. If I got one I'd have to learn how to use it, just like any other phone or anything else for that matter.

I remember trying to figure out the different menu systems when I changed phones from Nokia, Panasonic, Sony Ericsson, LG, HTC (Android with Sense UI), Samsung (Android with TouchWiz UI).
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 21:23:43 »

I have just got the Nokia lumia 925. The camera is awesome, it is a windows phone so is easy to use. The downside is that there isn't the range of apps for it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:29:41 »

I briefly used a friend's iPhone the other day and I didn't have a clue how the fuck anything worked. If I got one I'd have to learn how to use it, just like any other phone or anything else for that matter.

There are plenty of things you can knock Apple for, but complicated user interfaces isn't one of them. Main reason people find Apple OS's complicated is that they're so used to some convoluted method to perform the most basic of task that they don't actually try the simple and obvious way. I was the same when I switched from Windows to Mac OS.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 23:28:51 »

I wasn't knocking Apple or the user interface. I was also suggesting that I wouldn't be so bone ideal about getting used to it should I get one.

Same as a Windows phone really. Haven't even seen a working example in the flesh, but I bet it'd be piss easy to pick up.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 23:48:31 »

Same as a Windows phone really. Haven't even seen a working example in the flesh, but I bet it'd be piss easy to pick up.

Yeah piss easy to pick up they don't weigh much at all. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:35:37 »

Can anyone recommend a galaxy note 2?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:08:06 »

I have just got the Nokia lumia 925. The camera is awesome, it is a windows phone so is easy to use. The downside is that there isn't the range of apps for it.

Is that the one with the tree trillion megapixel camera. How many photos can you fit into it ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: