Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28971 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 22:30:17 »

Its been said many times that as a pairing Hall and Ward arent good enough
Ward has bags of experience and the nous to get in the right place to snuff out a threat - anyone with pace/ball over the top and he is undone.
Hall has bugger all experience and it shows quite often. Positionally he is often in the wrong place and his decision making isnt the best.
He has more pace than Ward thats for sure.

Eventually Wards experience may make something of Hall but at what cost to towns defence until then.
The trouble is there is no competition for their position bar Troy and fuck only knows what the position is with him re fitness/injury/mindset.
I dont know if Branco can play CB but the one appearance I have seen of him he didnt fill me with confidence.
Smith may be able to play there but again is injured
joteddyred

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 22:36:11 »

Thanks for the reports match goers. Appreciate it even if it's  not pleasant reading.
Seconded.  Can't have been pleasant watching either.  
lincolnred

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 23:14:17 »

Belford,pathetic,abject,abysmal,disastrous,useless,atrocious,disinterested,calamitous,shambolic and tragic about sums up our line-up today. 4-0 was flattering to us because we were ripped to shreds for the 1st 20 minutes or so and we could have lost by a much bigger score. Ranger needed subbing much earlier and we went from 3-5-2 to 4-3-3to 4-4-2 and ending with god know what. Anybody know who the idiot in the front row was who got frog marched out by the lady steward after he started calling fans cunts and spitting at them when they started to leave early,what a bell-end!!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 00:23:10 »

Being one of those in attendance today, and a few beers on board, I'm going to try and be positive than be negative...

Positives: Train journey up was clear, Budweiser is the King of Beers (as per logo on box), fry up at Cheltenham Spa station was good, pies at Macclesfield very nice, Macclesfield catering staff (blondie) beautiful, being on time for train home, chinese at Cheltenham Spa, Fantasy (kind of...no boobs) as we arrived back in Swindon, Concentrate on league (?!?!), chance of focussing on 1 cup competition (JPT)

Negatives: Everything else including performance & result, being outplayed by a conference side...we were just simply awful and didn't turn up.

Take nothing away from Macclesfield, they were up for it and wanted it, in a similar way to last season here, although they were better. The 4-0 scoreline I felt flattered us, as we probably should have been 4 down at half time...how many times did the ball go just wide of our goal in the 1st half for those there?

Of course I go to away games not expecting some form of refund for a shite performance, but it'd be nice, and I do stress the nice, if the club could give those today some form of gesture...myself I'd be happy with a bovril or a h/t pint. I do stress the 'nice' part, not the expect...but you hear of clubs and see clubs giving back to the fans when the team plays extremely shite, and today was no different.

Yes it's the cup, but for clubs like ours the cup if we get through is good form of revenue, and there's nothing like the FA Cup 3rd round draw...it's a shame we won't be in it...I think we've only been in the 3rd round three times since 2004?! (Palace, Fulham, Wigan)

I'll be there Tuesday night, and I'm off to Colchester next Saturday...hopefully I haven't come across bolshy, just a frustrated figure after seeing how we've played most of the season and a team in 7th place in league 1!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Flashheart

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 07:34:28 »

Wok up this morning feeling rather hungover, remembered the score and just laughed.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:01:56 »

Wok up this morning feeling rather hungover, remembered the score and just laughed.

That's what you get for starting to drink at 4pm.  Fry something up in that Wok and you'll feel better..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:08:39 »

That's what you get for starting to drink at 4pm.  Fry something up in that Wok and you'll feel better..

I didn't actually get to touch a drop until much later as I was distracted by the kids.

My children drive me to drink and then prevent me from doing so, it's brilliantly cruel really.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 14:42:24 »

In 20 years following town I only remember leaving more than 10 minutes before the end twice. The 1st time was when we were 4 down at Villa park in the premier league season when I was 8. The second was yesterday. I've only just seen the 4th this morning and the nature of it didn't surprise me in the least. Grant Hall gave possibly the worst centre back performance I've seen from a player wearing red. The players didn't deserve to be applauded off and their performances were not worthy of being watched. Macclesfield were the polar opposite of us yesterday and deserved their FA cup scalp and looked much better than 14th in the conference. I expect a big fucking reaction on Tuesday and Saturday
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 15:15:41 »

In 20 years following town I only remember leaving more than 10 minutes before the end twice. The 1st time was when we were 4 down at Villa park in the premier league season when I was 8. The second was yesterday. I've only just seen the 4th this morning and the nature of it didn't surprise me in the least. Grant Hall gave possibly the worst centre back performance I've seen from a player wearing red. The players didn't deserve to be applauded off and their performances were not worthy of being watched. Macclesfield were the polar opposite of us yesterday and deserved their FA cup scalp and looked much better than 14th in the conference. I expect a big fucking reaction on Tuesday and Saturday
I've only walked out early twice as well, once when I had to be in Cambridge by 7 pm, so I left three minutes early and the other time was when we were losing 7-0 at Bolton, another total shambles!!  As to the reaction, we will be ok on Tuesday, but we will lose again on Saturday - we just cannot play a big expansive game away from home with no midfield minders in the side, start slowly, get hammered - the only exception was at Rotherham where we somehow managed to ride out the storm and snuff them out!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 16:54:49 »

Missed out on a home draw v the pikeys or Brackley
No need to keep saving those loyalty points either now - bar shitty away
Lets hope for a decent backlash on tuesday and see how far the piss pot trophy can take us
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 18:18:57 »

Listened to the match as I prepared the Flash household for fireworks and house warming party.

I thought the draw was a big ask and for some reason I did think we might be bombed out as per recent seasons. What I didn't expect was the manner of the defeat.....utter epic fail from start to finish.

I was dreading Coopers after match talk but he pissed on my temper as he said all the right things in my book.

I will be there on Tuesday night and looking for a backlash. I feel it in my water we wil win the fucker this year.

I do reckon the club should give something to the poor cunts that went even if its a free Bovril.

Clems Army!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 08:38:26 »

While there are clearly issues that need sorting defensively - be it personnel or formation (probably both) - I'm not sure I completely agree with this "we're shit on the road" idea.

We were awful at Oldham and Preston (and Saturday) but were no better home to Gills or Walsall. We were a disputed red card from winning at MK and played Wolves off the park in defeat (defensive errors, not necessarily a problem with approach/style). Also battered Rotherham and won at QPR.

Must say though I think the 3 at the back is a useful alternative for certain games (like Rotherham) but should be used sparingly. Not like we didn't look alright playing the 4-3-3/4-5-1 at the beginning of the season.

Things to ponder for Cooper that's for sure. Mason's injury may have one silver lining as well as if it gives Harley a chance to get a few games in the extra experience in midfield might not go amiss.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 08:45:46 »

Missed out on a home draw v the pikeys or Brackley
No need to keep saving those loyalty points either now - bar shitty away
Lets hope for a decent backlash on tuesday and see how far the piss pot trophy can take us

We would have been a different number so doesn't matter.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 12:08:33 »

We would have been a different number so doesn't matter.

Actually we would've been the same number, but as you say it doesn't really matter.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 13:23:55 »

I did say a few weeks back it seems as if Cooper is trying to fit our best players into the team rather than finding the best players for the formation need to decide on the formation and pick the correct players for the correct position

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: