Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28975 times)
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:14:34 »

Sounds like a club who still pay some of there players over twenty grand a week.
As we are a much smaller club, then maybe a small gesture for the 300 who travelled to watch the utter shite could be made. A free cup of bovril at the next home game or a beer mat signed by the players?

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:19:22 »

As we are a much smaller club, then maybe a small gesture for the 300 who travelled to watch the utter shite could be made. A free cup of bovril at the next home game or a beer mat signed by the players?

In a cutting your cloth kind of way ... maybe a Bovril stained beermat (just the one) to be passed around the loyal 300?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:27:16 »

Stuck at Cribbs today so didn't listen to the game thankfully. 4-0 is rather embarrassing - we seem to be either utterly brilliant or utterly shite and nothing in between. Still, we move on and thankfully we can get it out of our systems on Tuesday (although I think we'll lose to Wycombe as well!).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:28:11 »

Losing 4-0 to a non-league side in the cup is embarrassing and pretty shameful but seemed likely with our fragile side. A cup run would have been nice but we've had an excellent run already this season and our league form is still decent. Put a few goals past Wycombe on Tuesday and people will have forgotten all about today.

Not papering over any cracks as there are obviously issues to be addressed - 3 at the back just doesn't work, playing players out of position just to accommodate your best players and attitude seems to be an issue in allowing teams to overrun and dominate us away from home. Harley may be just what we need and Mason's injury will give him opportunity.

Response from Cooper is commendable but he's got work to do.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:29:26 »

Mason twisted his ankle so could be out for a while again potentially.
Not bothered we have to play spurs lads at all costs hence luongo playing full back.our away tactics are a fucking joke 4-0 against non league is unheard of if I was Jed I would fucking rip into all of them Cooper included.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:31:57 »

I get your point but where do you draw the line...maybe St Albans should dish out money to the few thousand who watched them get hammered 8-1 at home to Mansfield.
If there was free away travel today double the number would have gone and as a club we just cannot afford that.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:32:16 »

Not bothered we have to play spurs lads at all costs hence luongo playing full back.our away tactics are a fucking joke 4-0 against non league is unheard of if I was Jed I would fucking rip into all of them Cooper included.

Luongo is OURS not spurs so that excuse is bollox
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:35:25 »

Other than Luongo being ours Jed has said we have no obligation to play the Spurs lot, its the managers call.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:36:15 »

With regard to the refund of tickets....
Last week Wolves laid on free travel for 1200+ fans to travel to Carlisle for a mid-week league game.
What was that about? Sounds like a club who appreciate their support away from home.
Discuss.

All those on the free coaches also got a signed thank you card from the players

Even Crawley have offered fans who went to Sheff Utd away free tickets to Carlisle away

Some clubs understand an away following can make a difference ( Wolves ) or reward loyalty for those travelling long distances ( Crawley )

Am sure other clubs have offered one sort of freebie or another just not noticed them - or maybe those are the only 2  Hmmm
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:47:19 »

I remember all the travelling support at Hartlepool a few years back (Friday night game) getting a free signed ball. Dunno how many of us were there,  but sure it was well under a 100. If clubs want to reward/refund supporters fine. My issue is with those who feel that it should be done as a matter of course.

It's All Good..............
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:53:27 »

Lets get it right...no town fans have asked for a refund....some who didn't go said they should get one...big difference.

A couple of texts on the radio were saying they wanted a refund unless I misheard, I feel for the fans that travelled but unfortunately this sort of result is a possibility regardless of the opposition especially with Swindon, if you decide to go then you take your chances. If the club want to offer those fans something then that's fine, but it shouldn't be expected by them just because we've lost/played badly (if indeed any that went have asked for a refund.)
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:53:39 »

I know luongo is ours that's why I am pissed off he was pushed out to full back when he was fucking exellent last week in the center.If Kassim is back then either he is on the bench or one of the spurs lads does not play no way should luongo be moved to that position.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 19:02:05 »

I get your point but where do you draw the line...maybe St Albans should dish out money to the few thousand who watched them get hammered 8-1 at home to Mansfield.
If there was free away travel today double the number would have gone and as a club we just cannot afford that.

They were playing a team 3 leagues above them, completely different.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 19:10:57 »

That was fucking disgraceful. All of them pathetic. Feel for all the town fans gping home today who were here, at least im getting a piss up in Manchester.

I don't want any refund but I expect them to fucking impress me on tuesday.

4-0 to a non league team, jesus christ.  Pint Pint Pint
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 19:15:36 »

I'm going down to the Winchester for a bit.

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: