Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28945 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:27:14 »

People's reactions are completely justified. A League 1 team losing 4-0 to a non-league side is practically unheard of. As bad results go they don't really get worse than this... Ask Reg.

Fishing.

You should see twitter, there's some legendary statements being made over there.

No thanks. Smiley I long ago learned that social networking is not for me, and never will be.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:27:40 »

'sigh'

Never mind, bring on the next game...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:33:14 »

Flash's trip down the Winchester seems a good coping strategy- I reckon a lock-in might be required.

I know we've seen it all before and some people like to manage pain by rationalising it but I'm curious how a fan (even an armchair fan) can think an FA Cup record defeat is no big deal and that 7th in the league in November is somehow weightier. 

If I were in Switzerland and owned STFC, I would think a first round defeat in the FA Cup mattered financially and curious about the scoreline and match stats. 

Not since we lost 5-0 to Newcastle in the FA Cup third round....
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:34:24 »

Congrats on this thread providing some of the most amusing thisis type drama for a while.

You still read that then?
Bit stupid if you think people aint going to be happy with that performance Barry...and the old thisis chestnut is becoming boring to be honest.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:36:38 »

Some of the comments Cooper made were quite to the point.  It will be interesting to see if any players get dropped and what changes he's going to make in future away games.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:36:57 »

Cooper didnt sound a happy bunny
Expect to see a few changes next lg game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:38:36 »

Well they are in for training tomorrow and Coops apologised to the fans.

Didn't really explain the reason Luongo played full back although admitted he is better in the middle. Wish I could see the reason behind the decision.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:52:20 »

I saw the result and laughed. You have to really. Although I'm sure those who went will feel differently.

Thankfully I decided not to go, and got a free ticket for Blackpool v Ipswich instead. Frank Nouble scored, which just shows we can put today down as one of those freak days that football throws up, read nothing in to it, and move on swiftly!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:54:25 »

Mason twisted his ankle so could be out for a while again potentially.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:56:04 »

Can't understand these people wanting a refund, I've been to 40+ away games and seen us win 6 times. I have never come away from a game wanting a refund and I've seen a bigger defeat than 4-0, there is no guarantee with the ticket, if you want to go you go, you don't offer to pay double if you've seen a really fantastic game, really don't get this 'I didn't get what I want I want a refund' mentality.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:57:24 »

Can't understand these people wanting a refund, I've been to 40+ away games and seen us win 6 times. I have never come away from a game wanting a refund and I've seen a bigger defeat than 4-0, there is no guarantee with the ticket, if you want to go you go, you don't offer to pay double if you've seen a really fantastic game, really don't get this 'I didn't get what I want I want a refund' mentality.

Lets get it right...no town fans have asked for a refund....some who didn't go said they should get one...big difference.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 17:57:31 »

Well they are in for training tomorrow and Coops apologised to the fans.

Didn't really explain the reason Luongo played full back although admitted he is better in the middle. Wish I could see the reason behind the decision.

He even said that Luongo had a great game and if you keep making mistakes it wouldnt have mattered who played there ( defence )
Ummmm yeah it would have
A proper full back and put Luongo where he plays best and makes a difference

Todays stats - more possession yet did fuck all with it

Mason twisted his ankle so could be out for a while again potentially.

Should make selecting players who " will run thru a wall for you " a little easier
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:00:03 »

Should make selecting players who " will run thru a wall for you " a little easier

As good as he is, I fear Mason would get concussion just looking at the wall.
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:04:18 »

With regard to the refund of tickets....
Last week Wolves laid on free travel for 1200+ fans to travel to Carlisle for a mid-week league game.
What was that about? Sounds like a club who appreciate their support away from home.
Discuss.

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 18:08:18 »

With regard to the refund of tickets....
Last week Wolves laid on free travel for 1200+ fans to travel to Carlisle for a mid-week league game.
What was that about? Sounds like a club who appreciate their support away from home.
Discuss.

Sounds like a club who still pay some of there players over twenty grand a week.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: