Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should the trivial threads be removed?  (Read 5747 times)

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 11:42:09 »

Been mentioned on here a bit recently that these threads have killed the forum and i'm starting to think it may be a factor after dismissing it previously.
Although I think Twitter and Facebook along with alot of the forum old guard no longer posting are the biggest reasons it's quiet here, The two threads could also be a factor?

Just throwing it out there maybe a poll could be created or i'm talking shite?
Discuss...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 11:51:42 »

I'm not sure the TEF is that much more quiet than previously...look at these stats..

http://thetownend.com/index.php?action=stats

Scroll down the page for new threads/posters/number etc.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 11:54:54 »

The forum is too quiet so let's close the busiest threads... Genius.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 11:56:40 »

The forum's slow decline is nothing to do with 2 threads. Good posters have left, other previously good posters are still here but have turned in to mongoloids, coupled with too much pallyness (if that's a word) and backslapping over the last few years have rather sucked the life out of this place.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 11:58:24 »

The forum is too quiet so let's close the busiest threads... Genius.

Instead of adding to those threads individual ones could be created though. Some of the trivial things get no response which i think they might if threads were separate.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 12:01:25 »

While we're at it we could make Dostoyevsky a mod too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 12:09:59 »

Instead of adding to those threads individual ones could be created though. Some of the trivial things get no response which i think they might if threads were separate.

I see the point that potentially good stuff can get lost, and retrospectioin is made difficult as no-one is going to go back through 100's of pages...but it does look untidy when there's lots of topics with only a few replies.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 12:14:57 »

The trivial threads stifle discussion but at the same time encourages stuff out which would otherwise not be posted because it's too trivial for it's own thread. I'd be happy to see the back of 'em
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 12:20:26 »

It's the posters who make a forum, that is all.

They are many tedious threads on here.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 13:14:33 »

Close 'em.

Sippo might get annoyed at the number of new tedious threads, but so what, he can ignore them. At least if stuff gets posted it can prompt a bit of debate/discussion rather than get lost amongst everything else in the thread.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 13:32:21 »

Not fussed but if asked to vote I'd leave em. People just need to post more.

What really needs to happen is for the team to start losing on a regular basis and the board to fuck us over like many predicted. There'd be thousands of posts then.

With this in mind, it's nice that it's quiet sometimes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 13:41:56 »

No-one's commented on the stats yet, but for example can anyone explain why over a 3 year period, December seems to be a quieter month, whereas Jan and Feb are busy.

Is it, for example, connected to the supposed dip in attendances at the CG for the same period, because lapdog fellas get dragged off shopping by the misssus?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 13:56:02 »

No-one's commented on the stats yet, but for example can anyone explain why over a 3 year period, December seems to be a quieter month, whereas Jan and Feb are busy.

Is it, for example, connected to the supposed dip in attendances at the CG for the same period, because lapdog fellas get dragged off shopping by the misssus?

Those stats show new posts are down now in comparison to other years. Take October as an example.

No idea why things drop off in january?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:01:13 »

Those stats show new posts are down now in comparison to other years. Take October as an example.

No idea why things drop off in january?

They don't drop off in Jan/Feb, but in December...it's true that posts for this October are low, but then again, they were low for October 2011. The point and I stand by it, is that it's a bit soon to write off the TEF, based on the evidence.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:06:04 »

I cocked up saying january. My mistake.

Posts are down this year for sure. Also when i look in which admittedly is less than i used to there seems to be less names viewing too.
I'm not writing it off, just seems it could do with a kick up the arse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: