Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should the trivial threads be removed?  (Read 5718 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:10:04 »

People always seem to post more when we are doing badly or something is happening at the club.

We had the season of despair with Wilson, followed by PDC and then the exit of PDC. For once the club seems quite stable and people don't have much to moan/worry/speculate about.

Roll on January when everybody wants to buy Wes/Mass/Kasim
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:21:59 »

People always seem to post more when we are doing badly or something is happening at the club.

We had the season of despair with Wilson, followed by PDC and then the exit of PDC. For once the club seems quite stable and people don't have much to moan/worry/speculate about.

Roll on January when everybody wants to buy Wes/Mass/Kasim

The evidence however shows that historically most posts are in the Nev General Discussion forum followed by Match Day Action...ok if there's something on players and the boardroom, it will generate some posts, but historically the TEF has been about bollocks...so more bollocks needed.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:33:59 »

in comparison to other football forums, there is a big lack of football threads! i usually only read the match day thread and transfers rumours.
kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:36:25 »

The evidence however shows that historically most posts are in the Nev General Discussion forum followed by Match Day Action...ok if there's something on players and the boardroom, it will generate some posts, but historically the TEF has been about bollocks...so more bollocks needed.

I have to get my dog castrated - you can have them if you like
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 14:43:26 »

Now a days it's all about trolling, getting a reaction and being argumentative. No one really wants to post about the football.

Also, a few years back if you weren't at the game and local enough to get the radio - this was how you kept up with the games. Now World works better, there is also twitter, Facebook and mobile apps.

I think in part there is just a little bit of acceptance that we've found our place and without huge investment nothing much will change. Championship and a new stadium are I pipe dreams that won't happen.

Plus I think people just lose enthusiasm for football. This is my third season without a season ticket and I've not missed it one bit. My life no longer revolves around STFC which is probably a good thing...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 15:08:48 »

There's definitely less threads about the wider world of football than there used to be. Maybe because people discuss it elsewhere and maybe everyone's become more insular?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 16:40:44 »

Everyone has just grown up. I bet there aren't many under 20's posting on here any more. (well maybe Dave Russell mentally)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 16:48:53 »

Plus I think people just lose enthusiasm for football. This is my third season without a season ticket and I've not missed it one bit. My life no longer revolves around STFC which is probably a good thing...

Agree with this. Although I don't think it's had a huge effect on the forum. That said, I used to spend hours posting in the Players/Matchday/Boardroom areas and now seldom ever venture beyong 'non-footy forum'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 16:53:27 »

There is a distinct lack of alcohol-fuelled posts.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 16:58:58 »

Even Blinkpip has learnt to spell
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:16:17 »

Firstly we need to remember this is just a forum to spout bollocks on, all the talk of stats and visits in certain months does sound a little corporate,  someone will suggest that we set up a modernisation focus group in a minute to improve our profile and marketing strategy.

I think these things are cylindrical to a degree and posters come and go,  I have never been prolific on here but with a baby now I do look less,  plus with the town reasonably stable at the moment I am a content. Equally being a long absent fan I used to depend more on the site for updates on match day but now with twitter its less necessary.  That said match day threads do seem much quieter this year so cannot just be other social media. Equally I am generally just a bit meh with football at the moment.

I tend to use the site more at the moment to discuss wider general non town things with people who I know I have something in common with,  however as someone who does pop in and out of the forum the trivial threads do mean stuff gets missed as I cannot be arsed to delve through ten pages when I haven't been for a day or so.

For me a huge part of the TEF is the strange community we have with (in my case) people I have never met and probably never will,  the whole Neville collection thing was something which I think sums up the forum.

So the conclusion I would make is that if the topics go its up to people to continue to post innate rubbish to keep the things going.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:18:04 by horlock07 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:23:31 »

I think these things are cylindrical to a degree

its up to people to continue to post innate rubbish to keep the things going.

Are you Andy King in disguise? Top bollocks.  Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:32:20 »

Just the other day someone from here came up & introduced themself to me in Asda! I'll never get bored of that!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:35:48 »

I do think that if they are closed people won't bother to start up a new thread to just moan or delight in something that has happened and that we may all find amusing.

Just saying........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 4, 2013, 17:41:25 »

Just the other day someone from here came up & introduced themself to me in Asda! I'll never get bored of that!

Have you always wanted a stalker?....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: