Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 17412 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:49:09 »

if he was an opposition player I'd be going fucking mental at him. I think gobby cheat is justified as proven by his games so far. don't get me wrong he's a hell of a talent but he's a cheat and not even a very good one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:51:57 »

I'd probably be less forgiving if he didn't play for us. Not going to deny that I'm biased.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:54:16 »

Luongo man of the match by a mile he was outstanding won every challenge passed superbly and scored two goals.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:55:39 »

I'd probably be less forgiving if he didn't play for us. Not going to deny that I'm biased.
A very good position to adopt.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:56:37 »

Pretty comprehensive
Check out the fouls stat  Eek
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 19:57:26 »

He looks for the odd free kick admittedly but gets fouled far more often than he cheats that's for sure. Many of these fouls go unpunished so he has a moan and tried to get back at the opposition in other ways. It's not right but he's young and will learn I hope.

We're a better team with Pritch in the side than without him in it, that I do know!

Yep I'm biased too, happy to admit that!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 20:50:21 »

Ref was a gutless cunt. Hughes is just a nasty, horrible human being and Port Vale were a team with some skill, tempered with a hell of a lot of spoiling tactics. We deserved the win, they deserved a couple of reds and fuck all else. As for booing when a player is stretchered off, no class.

It's All Good..............
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 20:55:31 »

First half was ok, second half thoroughly enjoyable.

We could have been 5-0 up and suddenly Port Vale were back in the game.  It could have been an extremely nervous 15 minutes, but all credit we calmed it down and scored another 2 goals.

Another inconsistently useless referee.  How the vile creature that is Lee Hughes remained on the pitch is beyond me, he threw a couple of punches.  One positive from his involvement was the waking up of the crowd.

Agree with Batch that Ranger didn't have one of his best games, but him and N'guessan work well together.  Also agree with the comments about El Gabbas and I'd also likened him to Dossevi.  Saying that he was heavily involved in the build up to the fifth goal.

McEveley was also a good shout for mom imo.  I'm pleased that he seems to have stepped up recently.  

All in all, today could have been tricky.  Happy with the overall performance and 3 points.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 3, 2013, 09:15:15 by joteddyred » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 20:59:01 »

Agree with Batch that Ranger didn't have one of his best games, but him and N'guessan work well together.  Also agree with the comments about El Gabbas and I'd also likened him to Dossevi.  Saying that he was heavily involved in the build up to the third goal.

El Gabbas didnt come on until after the 4th goal  Hmmm
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 21:52:09 »

Thought we were good value for the win today and good to bounce back after 2 losses! Thought Dany N'Guessen was class today, and deserved his MoM, JayMac was very good today, along with Mass...but a good team performance all round. 1st half wasn't the best but 1-0 was about right, then 2nd half we stepped it up and were 3-0 up. Suddenly it's 3-2, Digby sent off and Hughes is a cunt (end of)...then Byrne runs through, shoots, I say 'wasted' but then I'm eating my words and we're 4-2 up...Mass puts icing on the cake and we win 5-2, up to 7th and looking good heading into the *cup* break. Hope we beat Macc and Wycombe in next 2 games, then back to business at Colchester in a couple of weeks...C.O.Y.R!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 22:25:01 »

Second game I've seen this season (the other being Tranmere at home, the antithesis of todays game!) and first time I've seen Mason play live. Very impressive, think he has terrific vision and moves so well on the ball. Reminds me a bit of Paul Scholes.

Others have mentioned it was an odd game. Fair play to Mickey Adams, took a gamble at 3-0 down and it nearly paid off. Certainly thought 3-3 was more likely than us scoring again! Luongo's second was class, tied their fullback in knots. Ref maddeningly inconsistent. Overall, very good entertainment. Shame about the lack of atmosphere though. The few chants that were started tend to just fizzle out Hmmm...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 22:44:08 »

I think some of the criticism of El Gabbas is a bit harsh. He looked lively, had plenty of energy, worked hard to close opposition players down and he set up the fifth. He does, however, need to think quicker when he has a chance to shoot. Hopefully he'll get more of a chance in the paint pot.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 22:52:18 »

I think some of the criticism of El Gabbas is a bit harsh. He looked lively, had plenty of energy, worked hard to close opposition players down and he set up the fifth. He does, however, need to think quicker when he has a chance to shoot. Hopefully he'll get more of a chance in the paint pot.

He looked lively alright and had energy but also looked like a headless chicken at times.
Maybe he will take some time adjusting to the English game/league 1.
I have no doubt he will feature at some point in both the FA and JPT
Cooper obv sees something in him as he has had a a few sub appearances

Shame about the lack of atmosphere though. The few chants that were started tend to just fizzle out Hmmm...

Bugbear of mine but after each goal we scored a chant started only to be drowned out by that awful glad all over. Other than that was a flat atmosphere from the off
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 23:15:46 »

Worst of all was his failure in sending off Lee Hughes for being Lee Hughes and then running half the length of the pitch to shake hands with Hughes at full-time. What the fuck was that all about?
[/quote] I noticed that, thought the ref had seen Hughes do something at the final whistle the way he sprinted up to him, only to then shake his hand. The ref shit out on a few big decisions today and hopefully he won't be back for a long time. Agree with Danny getting the mom, his work rate today impressive for a big bloke. Now just need to find a formation/system to start picking up more away points.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 23:16:51 »

He looked lively alright and had energy but also looked like a headless chicken at times.
Maybe he will take some time adjusting to the English game/league 1.
I have no doubt he will feature at some point in both the FA and JPT
Cooper obv sees something in him as he has had a a few sub appearances

Bugbear of mine but after each goal we scored a chant started only to be drowned out by that awful glad all over. Other than that was a flat atmosphere from the off

Agree completely on both points. Think its harsh to judge El Gabas so far as he's only had a handful of sub appearances, I think. Judge him when/if he gets a run of starts.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: