Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 17532 times)
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 16:53:17 »

Counts as a hammering. I was right.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 16:54:36 »

If we can get a late goal and Bradford concede we could be into play offs
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 16:56:40 »

5-2 FT

Pleasure spending time with you chaps!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:00:32 »

Was a bit worried at 3-2, sounded like we dug in well to finish the game off. It's nice to be winning again  Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:03:26 »

Steve White: Banged on managers door once when he was 23. Colin Murphy at Lincoln where he was on loan. Didn't want to go on loan, but was out of the Charlton team and Lenny Lawrence persuaded him to go. Chalky was benched after 2 games with no goals. He phoned up the manager and said 'Mr Murphy, I didn't come here to sit on the bench. I'm on my way down the A1. I'll leave you to sort it out with Mr Lawrence.'

nochee

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:06:37 »

Steve White: Banged on managers door once when he was 23. Colin Murphy at Lincoln where he was on loan. Didn't want to go on loan, but was out of the Charlton team and Lenny Lawrence persuaded him to go. Chalky was benched after 2 games with no goals. He phoned up the manager and said 'Mr Murphy, I didn't come here to sit on the bench. I'm on my way down the A1. I'll leave you to sort it out with Mr Lawrence.'
It was boring to listen to, reading it even worse
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:08:40 »

I hoped it would be better - I was dictating and thought I wouldn't let my efforts go to waste!

nochee

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:09:42 »

I hoped it would be better - I was dictating and thought I wouldn't let my efforts go to waste!
You can only work with what you're given I suppose.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:12:44 »

Was a bit worried at 3-2, sounded like we dug in well to finish the game off. It's nice to be winning again  Smiley
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:23:44 »

Just back

What an odd game. Everything was distinctly average and although we were the better team it was all a bit subdued. Then somehow we found ourselves 3-0 up.

Then Vale made 3 subs, Cunty Hughes came on, had a fight with the bench and then Vale somehow were back in the game.

Superb goal from Byrne and another brilliant individual goal from Mass and it was happy days again.

MOM was NGuessan - brilliant running and tiresome effort - fantastic, everyone else was above average
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:45:23 »

Really enjoyed that.

Fairly even opening spell and maybe we hadn't done enough to go in 1-0 up but I wasn't complaining. We really upped it after the break, passes were not passes for passings sake but had purpose. The midfield started to win the battle and we scored two and were coasting.

Then Vale made some changes, and the game kind of got a bit scrappy and with it our shape and discipline at the back went. And Vale somehow scored two, and it was going to be a tight last 10. Except it wasn't, we regrouped, Byrne scored a great goal and it was easy again. Luongo put the icing on the cake with a well taken fifth.

I liked the battling, especially after that bald prick Hughes went all stampey into the bench to get the ball back. If he does that on the pitch its a straight red. And so it should have been here. The ref was a bottling wet lettuce mind.

Thought Luongo looked better today after a couple of disappointing performances, Mason grew into it and these two were instrumental in winning the midfield. However N'Guessen was definitely man of the match for me.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:51:01 »

What an odd game
Dull first half but we fully deserved the lead from N'Guessen,
Not sure what Coops said HT but we came out with more purpose and were quickly 3 nil up.
Great cross from N'Guessen and Ranger heads home back post then a shot from Luongo, keeper gets a hand to it and it took an age to float over the line.
So 3 up and coasting
 Doh
Vale made a triple change with the pantomime villain Lee ( insert comment here ) Hughes one of them
Within 5 minutes he was involved in a scuffle for the ball in the town dugout and really should have walked for that but only picked up a yellow.
At least it woke the crowd up who I thought were going for the full 91 minutes silence until some fucknugget starts signing about turning the Manor ground into a public lav
MANOR GROUND FFS  Bad Mood
Pope scores to make it 3-1 and Thompson is stretchered off in the aftermath. No idea what happened there
Then Hughes of all ppl makes it 3-2 to a chorus of " murderer "

Quick break from town with Byrne who checks back near the touchline and curls in a beauty for 4.2
Still time ( 6 minutes added ) for Luongo to strike home the 5th.
Town missed more chances to put the ball in the net during the half but seemed shot shy or the final ball went astray.
Jury still out for me on Gabbas but not sure he knew what a football was till signed for us - was tee'd up with a glorious chance to break his duck but took too long.
N'Guessen was MoM and probably a fair shout. He and Ranger ran tirelessly up front and on another day both could have easily had a couple more goals.
Mason was decent as was Luongo with the rest just above average.

Still is 3 points and return to winning ways
Officials were wank today - lino and ref missed many pushes/pulls on town players
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:55:22 »

Well that was interesting. The conditions made it a bit of a lottery and the referee made it even more so. We've had some useless fuckers down here this season but this bloke has to be right at the top. Vale players decided to play rugby on occasions and the ref used rugby or football rules interchangeably. The one decision he did get right was booking Pritchard for a dive that would embarrass Suarez. Pritchard has got to be the biggest cheat we've had for diving since Kerrouche.
Nguessan had a really good game and when he gets in his stride is an absolute beast. In the first half Mason was my MOM but Luongo was in the second.  
Not sure if the ball hit Ranger for the 2nd but if it didn't it was one hell of a header. Byrnes goal was quality but I didn't think he had a great game.
Overall though in difficult conditions, rugby challenges and a fucking awful ref, we got 3 points and deservedly so. There was a wobble but we got it back.
On a separate note have the Scummers been promoted yet or do they have to wait until X Mas.    
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:57:40 »

Port Vale fans booed and jeered Thompson as he was stretchered off. Classless tosspots.

I think we shaded the 1st half, but Vale always kept us honest. Started the 2nd well, then almost threw it away. Not convinced by the defensive shape of the back three, they seem to get dragged about far too much. Mcevelly plays pretty much as a left back, and we always look susceptible on the break.

Byrnes goal was top class. Luongo was decent, my MOTM.

Digby was having a nice chuckle to himself after he got sent off, nice to see. Hughes really should have gone too, but the ref was shite all game so no real surprise.

Bit annoyed by Pritchards diving. Hopefully his yellow will sort him out.

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 2, 2013, 17:58:27 »

Last three home games against Vale have us winning 16-2 on aggregate.

Great stuff.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: