Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29861 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:06:48 »

Kasim told some gobby bastard to 'shut the fuck up'

I love him a bit more now
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:07:01 »

[Clutching at straws] Having enjoyed the love we've been getting from other fans in recent weeks, the TEF at least is getting credit for our class from the oppo tonight. [/Clutching at straws]

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43545&start=120

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:11:01 »

[Clutching at straws] Having enjoyed the love we've been getting from other fans in recent weeks, the TEF at least is getting credit for our class from the oppo tonight. [/Clutching at straws]

I've always liked Walsall and their fans since the game in 2006 when we both sealed promotion from League 2.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:11:30 »

At least it might cool the "play offs at a minimum" talk.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:11:32 »

I like that they have rhyming slang swear filters. Took me a while to realise what eartha and donald were doing all over the place.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:24:01 »

Also, it's surprising how many seasoned viewers know less of the offside rule than the linesmen they insist on insulting in a rabid rage.

I really didn't enjoy tonight.

Also, how many in the Town End don't seem to know if the back edge of the ball is on the outside edge of the line it's still in. Fuck sake, the amount of fans moaning that Walsall's corners were out the quadrant. Learn the fucking rules. I saw nothing wrong with any of the ball placement for any of their corners.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:27:55 by Gerinthere » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 22:26:23 »

No way is that attendance right. I wasn't there but not a chance in hell it was the exact number of Friday. Some one was  crying and sent Fridays again.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 06:52:09 »

Meh. We were under form, and Walsall were very good. If they had a decent striker they would be right up there, very good side.

They had our number from the start, pressured us high up the pitch which gave the midfield 3 no time on the ball and as a consequence Luongo in particular barely got in the game first half.

Thought Cooper made the right changes to personnel but the second goal right after half time killed us. Their second and third both a result of sloppy passes across the back, which we knew at the start of the season would happen from time to time playing this way - at least they got 2 out of the way in one game.

At the end of the day we've had an off night and been beaten by a good team, no cause for massive concern. Maybe food for thought for Cooper that this 3 at the back is better suited away, the previous system we were using at home was doing just fine.

Didn't help that Nathan Thompson was clearly unfit and couldn't run back properly, didn't he go off on Friday as well?

Must say Wes was absolutely outstanding, and Ranger had a very good game, although he'll be kicking himself he didn't get a hat trick after he missed two fairly easy chances and their keeper pulled off a cracker to stop his close range header.
fatbasher

« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 07:20:18 »

Not sure, is it Martin Ling?

Top bloke. Had a quick chat in the Legends and my lad had his picture taken no problem. Said Dean Smith is his mate so he's hoping for a draw. Well didn't happen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 09:03:07 »

At least it might cool the "play offs at a minimum" talk.

I said earlier, that this would be an interesting game, because it was the first at home v a team with some form...think if we'd won, it would have been a big statement, but not to be. Saturday now becomes important, as it's a second away game v a side with sketchy form. 

Div 3 is a tough attritional league....and Oldham on a dank late October afternoon might prove difficult.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 09:10:54 »

Told you all with the few days I'd had we would lose and my grandad thoroughly enjoyed his first game for a long time  No

Everyone was shit apart from Ranger and Fods (without him it would have been 5/6 easily), Mason looked ok when he came on.

3-5-2 leaves us massively exposed on the wings, it happened against notts in the first half and as I said on Friday we were lucky that Notts were awful and couldn't exploit it. I'm not a fan of using that formation as we have two fullbacks who arent very good going forward and are key to us attacking and giving us width, we would be better off with Pritchard and Ajose/N'Guessan out wide and playing 4 at the back.

Fair play to Walsall as well btw, fantastic performance, best I've seen here in a long while
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 09:34:22 »

No way is that attendance right. I wasn't there but not a chance in hell it was the exact number of Friday. Some one was  crying and sent Fridays again.

Thought Walsall were a bit rich on their forum though saying 'our part time fans won't be back'.

We average 8'500. What do they average ? 3'500 ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 09:39:02 »

A little over 4,000.  Link from earlier in this thread:

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 11:59:56 »

Wasnt there

But I imagine from listening to the radio that it was a bit of young team, inconsistent.

We will ahve days like this im afraid, we can only hope we have more good days then bad
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 12:10:20 »

Thought Walsall were a bit rich on their forum though saying 'our part time fans won't be back'.

Had to laugh at that quote - far from our highest gate of the season! To be fair, it's only one person. For all we know he could be their equivalent of Dosser Wink
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: