Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buying a brand new house  (Read 6091 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:24:18 »

Looking to buy a brand new house. I know you have to pay extra for upgrades, flooring etc., but has anyone done this and got a good deal e.g. carpets included, stamp duty paid? I just wondered how flexible the house builders can be. 

Note - this should bring my home maintenance days to an end (for a few years)  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:26:26 »

Note - this should bring my home maintenance days to an end (for a few years)  Smiley

In which case I reckon we should all chip in Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:28:45 »

Fine by me  Cheesy
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 13:56:03 »

Moved into Redrow by bug n spider 6 months ago.

Contact Samdy for any financials....we went through one of Mrs Flash family in the end but he knows his stuff does Samdy.

Message me and I will tell you it all, good and bad.

Clems Army!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 14:15:34 »

Pm'd
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 15:16:39 »

Contact Samdy for any financials....we went through one of Mrs Flash family in the end but he knows his stuff does Samdy.

I did wonder...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 15:17:45 »

4D, careful on the freebies/upgrades. It'll count as an incentive and the valuer might knock it off the value of the house so could cause complications with any mortgage.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 15:22:26 »

Isn't it also liable to stamp duty, as part of the purchase price (non freebies)?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 15:42:03 »

Get a cash back credit card and put all your fees etc on that - at least you'll get a little kick back  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 19:35:12 »

Also make a careful note of the warranty period and make sure you make a full and very detailed list of snagging problems to get rectified just prior to expiry. New houses are rarely without problems and its amazing the number of people that sort problems themselves which are covered by warranty.

Friend of mine presented a list of about 50 issues to the builder (a major company) and got around 48 of them sorted under warranty having been in the house for a number of years.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 20:16:48 »

Looking to buy a brand new house. I know you have to pay extra for upgrades, flooring etc., but has anyone done this and got a good deal e.g. carpets included, stamp duty paid? I just wondered how flexible the house builders can be. 

There is usually a £10k budget which you  can use how best you want it (well, it was for me), e.g. lower the price, pay stamp duty, pay for flooring / carpets etc
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 08:33:35 »

Just a word of advice - I moved from a 1960's house to a 1990's house and the build quality is nowhere close to being comparable. The older house was a solid the new house was just thrown up, stud walls chip, board floors etc. Give the upstairs walls a bit of a knock and you'll understand.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 08:51:13 »

My current house was built in 2000  Smiley.

Swings and roundabouts - I've lived in older houses, solid walls but damp issues etc.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 13:02:38 »

Most new builds look to be wooden structures with bricks then laid around them to me. I've also heard of loads of people who have had problems with their houses. That said, i'm sure they can't all be like that. Personally i don't like the estates thrown up in Swindon where they are all built on top of each other,narrow roads with shite parking etc. Don't appeal to me but plenty buy them.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 13:27:11 by arriba » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 13:34:41 »

Yep, wood lined. Well insulated though. Parking does seem an issue, a five bed house with one car space on the drive. The one we are interested in has space for 2 to 3 cars.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: