Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53411 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:35:44 »

Chelsea did what they came to do, let us play a bit, then finished off the game in the 1st half with two goals. After that, it was "We'll sling Terry on at the back, let them play in front of you, snuff it out if they look dangerous, no need to hammer them, let's show some respect". Fair enough. While we passed it around quite nicely, didn't really look like scoring, but kept the scoreline respectable while playing some nice stuff, job's a good 'un, everyone goes home happy.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

If they wanted to, I think Chelsea could have walloped us, they played the second half a little like a training excercise.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:39:35 »

Defensively solid, yes, but when going forward he is a hopeless option at times and we squander a lot of chances and opportunities to build an attack as a result. I'm not slating him as it's obviously not his fault that he's being asked to perform a role unsuited to his abilities but I can't help but think he's a weak link in attack.

Saying that, he does link up well and is good at overlapping. Delivery can be deadly.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:41:54 »

Lost by 2 goals, gave a good account of ourselves and stuck the ball in the back of the net. I'd have taken that before the game!  Pint

Getting more impressed by Kasim every game. How that guy struggled at Macclesfield is beyond me!

And as much as I didn't expect to say this when his name was first mentioned, really pleased Coops is in charge. Appears to handle the players and media excellently, and clearly communicates his thoughts and the teams strategy win lose or draw post match.

All while working within a sustainable budget, exactly what a club in our position needs. Di-who?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:46:07 »

1 other thing, our corners last night were diabolical.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:59:05 »

Saying that, he does link up well and is good at overlapping. Delivery can be deadly.

Is that good deadly or bad deadly?

..never go back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:10:16 »

Is that good deadly or bad deadly?
The free kick that N'Guessan 'scored' from is a pretty decent example of what he can deliver, he's just far too inconsistent. It's either good deadly or awful deadly, nothing ever in between
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:11:24 »

The free kick that N'Guessan 'scored' from is a pretty decent example of what he can deliver, he's just far too inconsistent. It's either good deadly or awful deadly, nothing ever in between

I always think that we need a person on the other side of the pitch for the more often than not times he overhits
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:15:40 »

Agree with most of whats been said. A decent performance but like a late night channel 5 film, just lacked a bit of penetration. We played a bit too much in front of their back 6 and rarely looked like breaking them down, but thats understandable given the quality of player we were up against, and the fact that Joses teams are often set up not to concede rather than score loads.

Couldnt tell really how we set up in the second half, we seemed to lose a bit of shape as we either had no width on the left or McEvely, Pritchard & Louis all within a few metres of each other. Hope Ranger is back for Saturday as athough he didnt get a lot of joy against Cahill, he was still the best of the Swindon players at holding it up and getting others involved.

Also agree with the comment about there being plenty of bellends about. I'm not a regular at the CG by any means, but cocks who think its fine to have 8 of them stood in 4 seats, consistently blocking peoples view and even falling on top of people, then giving abuse to my 11 year old "gloryhunter" supporter son as he walked out after the match (not me or even the wife, just my youngest!) dont exactly make you want to turn up every week. If people really want to stand up and every other word is a swear word despite there being kids around, I can cope with that as we know its going to happen, but these guys were just embarrassing
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:26:09 »

Well, Chelsea came, Chelsea saw and Chelsea conquered. To paraphrase their fans however- "You've had your day out- now fuck off home!".

For a starting 11 that was valued at between £175 million and £185 million, they were'nt overly impressive. I know they probably didn't really get out of third gear but we gave a good account of ourselves against them.

Yes, there were flashes of brilliance- the goals were well taken and things like Torres chasing the ball down into the DR/ TE corner with a cheetahesque sprint from the half way line (ish) shows what premiership quality is but, premiership quality also reveals such foibles as the fact that a bunch of fucking jessies took a tumble at the merest waft of a passing Swindon kit.

Cahill- Terry- how the fuck do you manage to be such great defenders with one appealing arm permanantly in the air waving coyly at a lino? Cunts.

Well done Town- you did yourselves proud.

Well done Jed and Co. Opportunities to increase revenue with things like the marquees on the cricket ground were well taken.

Lee Power interviewed on the radio  Eek
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:30:58 »

Can't complain about tonight, the boy(s) done good.

My only gripe after seeing both tonight and Franchise on the TV and Wolves in the flesh is that Jay McEveley is the weak link in our side. He's steady and hasn't really let us down but so many times tonight he was useless outlet on the left and hindered us in building an attack. Sadly, it doesn't seem as though Byrne is the answer either judging by people's comments.

In those positions that Jay Mac is weak, Byrne is the answer. Now if we could just make some kind of Jay Mac/Byrne hybrid, we'd have a decent left back!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:33:29 »

Also agree with the comment about there being plenty of bellends about. I'm not a regular at the CG by any means, but cocks who think its fine to have 8 of them stood in 4 seats, consistently blocking peoples view and even falling on top of people, then giving abuse to my 11 year old "gloryhunter" supporter son as he walked out after the match (not me or even the wife, just my youngest!) dont exactly make you want to turn up every week. If people really want to stand up and every other word is a swear word despite there being kids around, I can cope with that as we know its going to happen, but these guys were just embarrassing

Getting fed up with people in the wrong places too. There's a lad in the TE who insists on standing in my place even though I'm a ST holder and myself and the other ST holders around me don't really know him. Politely asked him to move last night but am rapidly losing patience with him.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:34:02 »

Fully agree.

A beautifully controlled performance (51% possession against a £180 million team with Kasim my MOM) but so often the very first option that presented itself on the counter was the best and the early pass or cross was spurned too often

This is where we missed Mason last night, Mason sees that pass before the ball has got to the guy that's going to pass it to him.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:42:17 »

This is where we missed Mason last night, Mason sees that pass before the ball has got to the guy that's going to pass it to him.

DV saw that pass 3 months ago
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:02:05 »

I think we did well, but most of what we did, Chelsea allowed us to do. Still, you have to have the confidence and ability on the ball to play when given an opportunity, and I think it will have built confidence even further. Ajose was the only player for me who was below par, and their two goals highlighted the lack of positional awareness and pace between Hall and Ward. Won't happen as easy as that in L1, but the weakness is there to be exploited by the better teams.

I wasn't too sure what formation we had, starting Pritchard instead of L. Thompson. I'd have liked Prichard to stay on one wing, Ajose the other side, N'Guessan up top (once Ranger had gone off), but hey ho.

Yasser and Masser did really well in the middle, I ruddy love the pair of them... and Wes' save one on one vs Torres (back to his best was he, Claridge?!) was superb.

Oh, and Willian was shockingly bad.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:13:41 »

A few comments from the Chelski forum that does show them up as a bunch of arrogant wankers.

It takes a particularly c**ty set of fans to sing about Chelsea fans being plastic, when they've made the trip up to some sh*thole in Wiltshire on a Tuesday night...

Also, just found out this is Swindon's 1st sell-out of the season...
They'll all be supporting someone else at the weekend, just backing the local team while the big boys are in town.

Local BBC news were very big on this, interviewing the Swindon fans before the game.  Interviewer "And where have you come from tonight?"  Inbred w**ker in a red scarf and flat cap "North Wales - I knew someone who could get me three tickets, so I had to come.  Long journey, mind"

And a few slightly more complimentary ones...

Swindon were always going to come out of the blocks with desire and fire and that was exactly what happened. We soaked up the pressure and played some decent football and then took our opportunities well around the 25 minute mark. Torres looks up for it and Essien has been a very pleasant surprise. I know that there will be plenty of people saying, "well it's Swindon town" but we are playing well and we should be even better in the second half.

I can't believe we are looking average against a league 1 team. No matter how much you have to transition, you can't be looking ordinary against this kind of opposition.

Game of two halves ... first half we looked good ... 2nd half Swindon looked much better and we became quite scrappy.

This team is not the quality we thought it was. Swindon played us around just like an high school team.

Have to give credit to Swindon's approach to the game. Not parking the bus but trying to score and play.

decent 1st half, fairplay 2 them for having a go at Chelsea

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: