Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53417 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 23:01:14 »

It's probably a good indicator of the quality of our recent displays that I was slightly disappointed by that performance.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 23:08:03 »

It's probably a good indicator of the quality of our recent displays that I was slightly disappointed by that performance.

Far too measured/sensible.  Open another beer!  We did well this evening.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 23:23:29 »

Hate the patronising bullshit on sky, Pritchard first half got a shot away with limited options but was labelled naive. I'll give you naive, 2nd half, Torres shoots and misses £50m + Will.i.am shoots and misses £30m = £80m. No class, what a horrible bunch of cunts.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 03:48:11 »

Enjoyed last night. Was impressed with our performance, just lacked the final ball.

Luongo and Kasim were the stand out performers. Hope Rangers injury isn't too serious. Not overly impressed with chelsea, I'm sure they didn't get out of first gear but even so their finishingwas awful.

Good atmosphere as well, well done town.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 06:40:09 »

Some northern cunt in the legends bogs before the game said Foderingham was a shit keeper and if we replaced him we would be up there for promotion.

Oh how i laughed.

Fuck off.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 07:31:54 »

What a great evening`s entertainment - first time I had been in the Town End for many years...it took me back to my youth. Reckon I will be watching from that end in the future - thanks to everyone around me who contributed - loved it especially the bloke towards the end of the game who shouted out as loudly as he could ` Terry is a Twat` doesn`t read as funny as it sounded...brilliant. I was never really expecting a win so like others have said on here it is a bit weird feeling ever so slight disappointed we didn`t score but their control in the final third mattered when it came to creating and scoring....I thought the team really played good skillfull football so won`t want to pick out anybody for didn`t play particular well. Great stuff....... Clap

Bathtime
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 07:44:24 »

We never really gambled....taking too many touches when we broke free...and never crossing the ball early...Luis and Terry might as well sat in arm chairs.

Get the fucking ball in.....make em work.

It was a reluctant joy to see Chelsea on the break...sublime at times...

Fully agree.

A beautifully controlled performance (51% possession against a £180 million team with Kasim my MOM) but so often the very first option that presented itself on the counter was the best and the early pass or cross was spurned too often

Chelsea were great on the break with fantastic forward movement (and interestingly either side of the offside line) and also some great runs from deep

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 07:46:53 »

I agree that we didn't really give them a game - but I do think that had we had run ourselves ragged we would still have lost as Chelski had many more gears left.

Personally I think as we knew once we had gone 2 down the game was all but over we probably decided it was more important to be fresh and uninjured for the Preston game. And that is a far more important game than last night.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:22:17 by Bewster » Logged
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 07:54:46 »

Personally I've been impressed with McEveley. He's not as attacking minded but a much better defender than Byrne and provides whoever is playing left wing a solid base. In my view he isn't a weak link.

Completely agree, often an under rated player in my book. Certainly not a weak link.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:07:35 »

Completely agree, often an under rated player in my book. Certainly not a weak link.

Add me to the 'agree' camp on J Mac. Think he was rusty after being out for an extended period, but thought on Saturday and last night he was excellent. Yes he's not the greatest going forward, but at the end of the day he's a defender. Does cross the halfway line to provide an option for the midfield anyway, even if he's just giving it back rather than providing end product himself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:13:25 »

Can't complain about tonight, the boy(s) done good.

My only gripe after seeing both tonight and Franchise on the TV and Wolves in the flesh is that Jay McEveley is the weak link in our side. He's steady and hasn't really let us down but so many times tonight he was useless outlet on the left and hindered us in building an attack. Sadly, it doesn't seem as though Byrne is the answer either judging by people's comments.
How can he be steady and not let us down and yet still be the weak link?? I'm confused  Huh?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:14:15 »

I agree that we didn't really give them a game - but I do think that had we had run ourselves ragged we would still have lost as Chelski had many more gears left.

Personally I think as we knew once we had gone 2 down the game was all but over we probably decdided it was more important to be fresh and uninjured for the Preston game. And that is a far more important game than last night.

Completely agree with this. They could have killed us off any time they wanted, they seemed more interested in the exercise of seeing if they could play on the counter with Luiz and Essien holding rather than anything else. We played well but there would have been little point flogging ourselves, they could have put the two goal cushion back at any point.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:18:20 »

Well I enjoyed that, after 20 mins of the 2nd half we had 70% possession against one of the best 10 sides in the world that cost a total of £185m according to Sky, our team was put together for less than 1/185th of that.

Yes Chelsea could have steped up a gear but we wouldn't let them, we harried them and chased them round the pitch and at times outpassed them.

Kassim is fucking brilliant and was by far my MOM Pritchard looked lively but is too greedy and wasted a lot.

Jay Mac needs to sort out his freekicks/corners and then could be a good player but gets caught out of position a lot, but weak link in the team? not sure about that.

For me the weak link is still the centre backs, Ward and Hall.

Both good players but neither have any pace when being run at, a great centre back can get away without pace if they can tackle and head the ball and concentrait and mark their man, something isn't quite there with them yet but they could improve as a partnership I hope as both are good players just not so much together currently.

Thompson at right back also gets caught out of position a lot but has the pace to get back and sort it out if he stops lunging into silly tackles.

If we get a better quality of final ball to the striker/strikers then we will score loads, Luongo although he is a brilliant player, overplays it a bit too much when a simple ball would do, if he can change that then he will be at least a championship quality player sooner rather than later.

Shame about Ranger going off but we looked more comfortable playing 442 when he went off, not sure why though because we have barely played it this season and the players know exactly how to play the 433/451 well.

Overall I was really proud of them and think we made a few new fans along the way, and we didnt roll over and let moneybags Chelski run the game, well done Cooper and co, really well done.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:22:21 »

From a watching brief on the Tellybox I feared the worst when Chelsea scored 2 in a short space of time. Brilliant from Torres and a quite brilliant finish from Ramires.

However, second half we kept the ball very well. It looked like Chelsea could step it up at any moment but we plugged away despite never really looking like scoring. If only N'Guessan could stay onside, as his headers were the 2 best chances we had.

My man of the match was Kasim who was composed the whole match. I also thought Luongo played quite well. For me, Pritchard was busy but tried to do too much.

Chelsea are clearly a class side, but Mata looked below par and Willian on that showing is very very overrated, he was an embarrasment.

Lots and lots of positives to take from last night, shame about Ranger getting injured.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:25:54 »

Chelsea did what they came to do, let us play a bit, then finished off the game in the 1st half with two goals. After that, it was "We'll sling Terry on at the back, let them play in front of you, snuff it out if they look dangerous, no need to hammer them, let's show some respect". Fair enough. While we passed it around quite nicely, didn't really look like scoring, but kept the scoreline respectable while playing some nice stuff, job's a good 'un, everyone goes home happy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: