Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chelsea in Meltdown !!!  (Read 13731 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:40:20 »

According to twitter Jose has confirmed Luiz and Mata will start. Looking at the bench today I expect Torres, Willian and possibly Lampard to start as well.

Apparently Essien will also be playing, and he was on loan at Real Madrid last season.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:42:21 »

What's happening tomorrow Hmmm

You're working
woolster

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:44:44 »

You're working
Tuesday not tomorrow
IT IS SUNDAY
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:46:30 by woolster » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:45:53 »

Oops, my bad....Tuesday!!

Although it is my birthday tomorrow, so that should be fun  Cool

Roaming the land while you sleep..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:46:01 »

Tuesday not tomorrow

Not working tomorrow then  Hmmm
woolster

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:47:37 »

Not working tomorrow then  Hmmm
Well yes  Head Hurts
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:21:28 »

This could be a good game to showcase how far we've come as we'll probably get more time on the ball, certainly more so than yesterday. I'm not for a second suggesting or expecting we will come away with anything other than a cracking experience and a nice bit of cash in our pockets...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:43:54 »

Mata, Luiz, Essien, Bertrand and Azpilicueta confirmed by Mourihno - All internationals. Should be fun.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mourinho-offers-mata-swindon-challenge

I think we can assume Schwarzer will be in goal. I wonder if Chelsea will give Islam Feruz his first senior chance? He's been highly regarded for years. I don't think Mourinho will select too many rookies for the starting XI, if any.

My guess:

Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Bertrand, Luiz, Terry; Essien, Mata, van Ginkel, Willian; Ba, Torres

I've no idea whether that works as a formation.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:48:07 »

One of the London boys has said the side is almost that with  De Brune , Lampard and Ivanovic for van ginkel, torres and terry, the rest are right.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:50:40 »

One of the London boys has said the side is almost that with  De Brune , Lampard and Ivanovic for van ginkel, torres and terry, the rest are right.

We can't argue with that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:58:01 »

We knew it would be a strong team, his ego couldn't cope with us winning, I think he's probably done his homework and know we've only lost 4 at home in 50 odd games. 19 times out of 20 they should win, maybe this might be the odd one...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:17:30 »

We knew it would be a strong team, his ego couldn't cope with us winning, I think he's probably done his homework and know we've only lost 4 at home in 50 odd games. 19 times out of 20 they should win, maybe this might be the odd one...

And we've beaten Wigan and Stoke from the Prem in the last few years, so not to be taken too lightly, especially on live TV.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:44:06 »

Already Looking forward to the match day thread predictions for this one, absolutely anything could and probably will happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 22:38:44 »

Anything less than a thrashing is OK be me, a morale victory if not an actual one.
Bovis Messroom

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 17:47:03 »

Hate everything Chelsea. Owner, Manager, Players and Fans.
Arrogance of the highest order and taking away the recent injection of money a real "small" team in London.
Let the battle begin.

Shit heads first though and far more important. Then we can play the equivalent of Leyton Orient on Tuesday with no pressure.

Chelsea fan in peace here.  I would be interested to know what criteria you use to determine what is a "'small' team in London" or anywhere else for that matter.  Fanbase,  the laughingly 'history' angle or trophies won and lack of? I'm quite sure as Town fans you're acquainted with your own past. So many of you must know of one of, if not the biggest crowd outside of a Wembley appearance that Swindon have ever played in front of is the 77,952 that turned up at Stamford Bridge for a cup tie way back in 1911.  In terms of trophies, Chelsea fans of a certain age are well aware that we won not nearly enough over the majority of the clubs existence although even before Roman our haul was comparative to the likes of Newcastle, Wolves, Leeds, etc.  I emphasise 'not nearly enough' because the club has the 5th highest all-time average crowds in England and on 10 separate seasons were the biggest supported club in the country between 1908 and 1955. They didn't build a 80,000 capacity stadium because they didn't think they could fill it. People can cherry pick rubbish attendances we had back in the '80's when Bates hiked the prices even though we were a struggling (old) second division club at the time, a crumbling, intimidating ground and bedevilled with an appalling hooligan image. You'll find others, what you may call 'big clubs', also were not getting anything like the sort of attendances they are now. Back to tomorrow night and one thing that has remained consistent, our away following and loving domestic cup competitions (we're not all above this,  you know?  Smiley)  Should be a cracking atmosphere. Haven't been to the County Ground for many years (recall a couple of wins including a testimonial and rather not recall that 4-0 shellacking we got). When the draw was made was looking forward to being on a proper terrace again till I heard about the Stratton End now.  Oh well,  all standing anyway.  You can be sure that Jose, although will make changes, will still give Town utmost respect and field a very strong side. He kicked off his first Chelsea pot haul with the League Cup and I'm sure he's keen for a repeat.  Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: