Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Molineux on Saturday  (Read 17190 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:20:58 »

From the Wolves forum:

"If you're arriving by train then there's every chance the police will herd you straight to the Walkabout (if they are still bothering with that now we are in L1 - after the trouble at Port Vale it is likely they will default back to their normal OTT selves, which inconveniences us as much as away fans at times). Avoid The Feathers opposite the Steve Bull stand and in town I wouldn't be bothering with Wetherspoons or the Lady Wulfrun, they're rough and ready but ok for home fans, but a no go for away travellers. As NWW and Paddy say if you are in colours you will routinely get turned away by most places in town.

If I were an away fan, and depending on who Blues/Villa have at home, I would arrive in Birmingham early for drinks and just head to Wolverhampton in time for kickoff, especially if travelling from the south. Just far less hassle and far more selection."
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 13:26:06 »

I'm assuming the traffic is going to be shit getting out of the city that night too!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:04:33 »

Salt of the earth the West Midlanders.

Isnt Wolverhampton classed as being in the black country?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:14:20 »

From the Wolves forum:

"If you're arriving by train then there's every chance the police will herd you straight to the Walkabout (if they are still bothering with that now we are in L1 - after the trouble at Port Vale it is likely they will default back to their normal OTT selves, which inconveniences us as much as away fans at times). Avoid The Feathers opposite the Steve Bull stand and in town I wouldn't be bothering with Wetherspoons or the Lady Wulfrun, they're rough and ready but ok for home fans, but a no go for away travellers. As NWW and Paddy say if you are in colours you will routinely get turned away by most places in town.

If I were an away fan, and depending on who Blues/Villa have at home, I would arrive in Birmingham early for drinks and just head to Wolverhampton in time for kickoff, especially if travelling from the south. Just far less hassle and far more selection."

Not many pubs near to the ground that is for sure.

And yes Mother Brown it is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:15:41 »

Don't think so. And even if it is, isn't the Black Country part of the West Midlands (as a region at least, not the metro county) anyway?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:31:07 »

Don't think so. And even if it is, isn't the Black Country part of the West Midlands (as a region at least, not the metro county) anyway?
"I"ll wager if you ask a Wolves fan if he/she hails from the West midlands or the black country it will be the latter.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 19:36:58 »

"I"ll wager if you ask a Wolves fan if he/she hails from the West midlands or the black country it will be the latter.
In which case, fair enough then. They should know, after all Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 20:12:42 »

Wolves is the heart and sole of the Black Country which still gets referred to as the West Midlands.
It's calling them Brummies they take a dislike to.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 20:16:30 »

Try the Dingles if you are a Baggie.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 21:32:38 »

See you all in Walkabout then, I've one of their cards which gets about 30/40p off a pint...if you see me, I'm more than happy to share it around! Not sure how many people used it down at QPR... Pint

#VivaKenBarlow!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 22:47:49 »

Nice one Stevie Bull (The Tipton Skinhead) Smiley
Have some great memories on our games going back and used to work with lots of Wolves and Baggies fans. Salt of the earth the West Midlanders. Having previously worked within the Steel Industry and seeing the heart and soul ripped out of a once thriving area saddened me. Hence with the decline I was lucky enough to "jump ship" and move to another sector.

The memories Smiley .... The most notable one when I watched a Swindon v Wolves game in a box mixed with Wolves and Baggies (supporting Swindon) for the day.
We were totally smashed in the Town centre before the game how they let us in the box I will never know. Wolves won 1-0 but I had double-vision for most of the game and never been that wrecked ever at a football match.

Good luck to you, apart from Saturday. I for one will be reflecting on some good memories.

Lets hope the Subway Army are inactive Smiley
oh Bully, Bully Smiley Smiley

My best Steve Bull memory was watching him score at Hampden Park.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 00:06:18 »

I've never seen a player worshipped by a clubs supporters as much as Steve bull. I doubt he's ever had to buy a drink in Wolverhampton. I remember an England game I went to vs Yugoslavia and there were loads of Wolves fans at Wembley to see him play. Every song at wolves games seemed to be about him and I don't remember them singing for the team, just him. Various songs and the ooh bully bully chant.

I've been to their place twice and he played both times. We beat them 2-1 in a midweek game and lost by the same score on a Saturday the next year. Ain't been there since and the Only stand remaining is the one our lot will be in miles from the pitch, just like it was then. Why it's like that I don't know?
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 00:16:49 by arriba » Logged
wolves83

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 07:27:07 »

theres no real official boundaries for the Black Country but most people accept it stretches from Wolverhampton to West Brom (west to east) and Cradley to Walsall (south to north). I'd class myself as from the Black Country (as I'm from that side of Wolverhampton) but realistically many Wolves fans are not.

The West Midlands is the county and covers this area as well as Birmingham and Coventry. And yeah your right we hate to be called Brummies (its a bit like people reffering to those from Sunderland as geordies when they are infact Mackams). The accent as well are also very different (linguistically Wolverhampton and the Black Country is in the north and Birmingham in the south).
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 07:30:49 by wolves83 » Logged
wolves83

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 07:29:25 »

I've never seen a player worshipped by a clubs supporters as much as Steve bull. I doubt he's ever had to buy a drink in Wolverhampton. I remember an England game I went to vs Yugoslavia and there were loads of Wolves fans at Wembley to see him play. Every song at wolves games seemed to be about him and I don't remember them singing for the team, just him. Various songs and the ooh bully bully chant.

I've been to their place twice and he played both times. We beat them 2-1 in a midweek game and lost by the same score on a Saturday the next year. Ain't been there since and the Only stand remaining is the one our lot will be in miles from the pitch, just like it was then. Why it's like that I don't know?

You'll still probably hear the odd Steve Bull song on Saturday, the mans a legend in these parts who played a massive part in saving the club and dragging us back through the divisions. Realistically he could have furthered his own career by leaving but showed a loyalty you just dont get anymore. Its a crying shame he never got the chance to play in the top division.
Panda Paws

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 08:11:52 »

Anyone else's or is Panda sat on his own?

There's far more chance I'm wrong than sat on my own....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: