Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver  (Read 13986 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:14:46 »

I just don't see it happening.

Due to him being a massive cunt I would be leaning towards believing the verdict will be guilty. What that should have said is 'signed a player accused of rape' but as far as sponsorships go, the point still stands. Which do you feel is more damaging to the club?

Neither if you drill down. One's a load of bollocks as being hear say and tittle tattle off a social media site with no hard evidence to substantiate anything typed. The other would have been run by the main club sponsors and before that both the clubs legal teams would have been in deep and meaningful discussions to tick all the boxes before going to said sponsors for their opinion.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:17:35 »

The idea that potential sponsors etc are turned away by comments on Adver articles is risible..almost as stupid as saying fans would be turned away by the Chairman posting shite on Twitter.

Sponsors unlikely! Foreign investors whose only source of knowledge of STFC is Google and the internet then possibly, that's all my point is really.

Not even saying it is true. Just that it could be.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:27:25 »

Sponsors unlikely! Foreign investors whose only source of knowledge of STFC is Google and the internet then possibly, that's all my point is really.

Not even saying it is true. Just that it could be.

Yeah maybe Gregory Hall and his Nigerian carbon crew, were put off by reading some of the comments on here...a shocking waste to STFC.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:27:36 »

Lets be honest for a certain percentage of our fan base Jed could say the sky is blue and they would disagree accuse him of lying/asset stripping/not wearing a tie (delete as appropriate).

For whatever reason he is persona non grata and always will be, not sure why as he bought the club when no one else wanted it but I do wonder whether many still link him to the exit of the italian messiah and for that reason even though they are dealing with the financial mess they were left with its all their fault.

But hey ho we move on, up or down no one knows, but I have a club to support and Jed is to thank for that in whatever small way.
kerry red

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:29:43 »

Sorry, I just don't get this scaring off of sponsors thing.

If someone was thinking of investing, whether in STFC or any other business, they would do their due diligence on that business and decide if they can make a profit or not - based on the financial evidence put before them.

To think that a sophisticated business or individual is going to take any notice of a public forum is bollocks.

It's the same as someone thinking of investing in Hilton Hotels and being put off by looking at a few comments on Trip Advisor.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:36:04 »

It's the same as someone thinking of investing in Hilton Hotels and being put off by looking at a few comments on Trip Advisor.

What about if 80% of those reviews were 1 stars and people were accusing the current owners of all sorts? Not sure I'd be up for that if I had a few mill. to invest. Rather take it down the road and stay/invest somewhere else.
kerry red

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:37:59 »

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that I very much doubt a sophisticated business would even bother looking at forums.

They would get all the information they need from the business itself not make decisions on hearsay
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:40:15 »

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that I very much doubt a sophisticated business would even bother looking at forums.

They would get all the information they need from the business itself not make decisions on hearsay

If it was me I'd still be quite interested in what my customer base had to say but fair enough.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:11:06 »

Sorry, I just don't get this scaring off of sponsors thing.

If someone was thinking of investing, whether in STFC or any other business, they would do their due diligence on that business and decide if they can make a profit or not - based on the financial evidence put before them.
Well Jed and Co didn't before they invested in us, if you believe their tale.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:14:04 »

There's a track record here isn't there? First Murrall apparently "threatening" the Adver editor, now Jed blaming the Adver comments section for their failure to secure investment. It's all a bit Bob Holt isn't it?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:33:47 »

Someone made a good point on Twitter earlier. How can Jed claim the adver comments section is making us loose potential sponsorship when we have signed a player who is accused of rape? Surely the latter would be much more damaging to the clubs rep and potential sponsors?
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:36:58 »

There's a track record here isn't there? First Murrall apparently "threatening" the Adver editor, now Jed blaming the Adver comments section for their failure to secure investment. It's all a bit Bob Holt isn't it?

With Orange hat on sitting in the CGH, what a complete arrogant cretin that bloke was!

It's not really good business strategy to wind up the one major news outlet that makes news about stfc accessible to the fans who live outside of the borough. It's a bit cowboy ish.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:47:45 »

Personally I think the comments on Twitter from dubiously intelligent people who can't spell and make ludicrous claims probably should be cut down on.

Although that would leave Jed without an account.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:50:58 »

Jed shouldnt be on twitter anyway in my opinion. He opens himself up for criticism and makes himself look unprofessional. No wonder he has a bad rep amongst a lot of fans.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 11:54:12 »

Maybe potential sponsors have seen how the club appears to be run currently and have read Jed's tweets and comments which imo are on a par with the This is buffoons?
Maybe he needs to look at himself? His tweets at times are like a teen schoolboy's, not a man running a professional football club.

I don't agree with abusing the bloke on Twitter etc but he aint no saint is he? Internet squabbles with fans, contradictory comments and dodging of questions aint gonna win him many fans. The guy should delete his twitter account and stop acting like a child.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: