Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver  (Read 13994 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:33:43 »

I don't think it's the ordinary "armchair manager" type comments that are at issue.  Every club gets these (especially Arsenal at the moment).  It's more likely to be the personal attacks, allegations, etc.  There is no place for those.
Most of which have been aimed at him directly over Twitter. I agree that there's no place for those kind of comments but why place yourself in a position where they're so easily aimed at you?

I'm inclined to believe some of those who suggest he simply likes being in the spotlight
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:35:50 »

No comments page under the Cooper either. Jed got to them, he got to them...

They're using the "Williams welcomes Ranger" article to post.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:39:20 »

It does. Mostly because that's exactly what he means.

I wondered whether this was why Sam has complained a few times about the club dicking the Adver around when it comes to embargoed news, not getting news on signings and so on.

Yeah maybe, seems a bit petty to take it out on Sam/the paper though - hardly their fault what people comment underneath their articles.

He should take it out on the fans instead, like by appointing Cooper as manager. Oh...
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:39:41 »

On the 1st June I asked Jed about Fredi on twitter and he directly said then that Fredi's allegations on twitter were scaring away potential sponsors. Those tweets have been deleted since but some of you on here were involved in the conversation and no eyebrows were raised at the time.

Putting it into the context of sponsors being scared of by some of the things Fredi was saying, it's not so difficult to believe at all.

Of course, if they are shutting out Morshead as a result then that is just wrong.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:41:26 »

Again, some comment on here surprise me. May be its a generation thing?

I don't have problems with people airing their view, but I can understand that the Thisis fans comments are pretty much in the shop window. On here, for example, the acerbic comments are squirrelled away from 'official statements' and debated under the 80% bollocks marker.

I think there is no place for abusive, personal comments on a public forum (which is intended to inform the masses). To me its just bullying and I wouldn't want my sons or mum reading insulting comments about me posted on any media website.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:47:25 »

I don't have problems with people airing their view, but I can understand that the Thisis fans comments are pretty much in the shop window. On here, for example, the acerbic comments are squirrelled away from 'official statements' and debated under the 80% bollocks marker.

NMH - I think you've hit on the solution.  The Adver needs a "100% bollocks" marker.   Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 07:50:25 »

On the 1st June I asked Jed about Fredi on twitter and he directly said then that Fredi's allegations on twitter were scaring away potential sponsors. Those tweets have been deleted since but some of you on here were involved in the conversation and no eyebrows were raised at the time.

Putting it into the context of sponsors being scared of by some of the things Fredi was saying, it's not so difficult to believe at all.

Of course, if they are shutting out Morshead as a result then that is just wrong.
I find it hard to believe sponsors will be scared away from the club on the basis of either a few illiterate morons dribbling over keyboards or an anonymous "mole" posting fuck all of substance but getting everyone in a tizzy. I find it just as hard to believe that Jed wouldn't expect to bear the brunt of people's frustrations as we've very swiftly gone from being a powerful force in League 1 to a middling mid-table side at best with a bunch of players nobody has ever heard of.

My main point was whether this explains the treatment of the Adver and if so then it's fucking nonsense.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:00:59 »

Yeah maybe, seems a bit petty to take it out on Sam/the paper though - hardly their fault what people comment underneath their articles.

Yes it is! If they own the comments section they should responsibly moderate. Furthermore, I don't think the comments should be attached to the articles. By all means have a link to a forum that is in the background, but don't have it so open. (I am uncomfortable sometimes that this isn't a closed forum)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:03:10 »

Again, some comment on here surprise me. May be its a generation thing?

I think there is no place for abusive, personal comments on a public forum (which is intended to inform the masses). To me its just bullying and I wouldn't want my sons or mum reading insulting comments about me posted on any media website.

I have to agree with this, it may be a generational thing with us being "oldies".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:04:21 »

I had assumed similarly that it was more a case of the lack of moderation/control over the messages after the story, the fact that the Fredi pieces which include a number of quite damning allegations with minimal evidence are allowed to just sit there would anger me if it was my business that the was the recipient of the claims. I don't know whether the still are on-line but after Sam had his put up or shut up conversation with the source (did I imagine that) if he fwelt they were not strong enough to publish it is a bit weak to leave them on the forum in the public domain.

Whilst I have no idea about such matters putting off investors I would not be surprised. In the modern era with social media due dilligence would go a lot further than just the books and if you are reviewing from a far you will look everywhere at what the businesses customers are saying about the business. Imagine if you were plannning to invest in a business, would you be comfortable if customers were spouting off all over the interweb that the business owners were asset strippers?

Its all froth really, football club in preferred media outlet shocker - it happens all the time but has only become an issue here as both parties are on-line whinging about the other.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:10:32 »

I saw Jed's tweets last night and don't think he has done himself any favours really in saying that at all. Doesn't sound too feasible really and sounds like the pressure is getting to Jed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:14:36 »

This is fucking priceless.

How many of us said it would just be better if the adver comments were shut down? And now that Jed seems to have a hand in it happening we're unhappy? Good move Jed, shut the whole comment shit down. It's fucking embarrasing to the club and I feel ashamed to be associated with some of the people who comment regularly. Sooner it's gone the better.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:17:29 »

How many of us said it would just be better if the adver comments were shut down? And now that Jed seems to have a hand in it happening we're unhappy? Good move Jed, shut the whole comment shit down. It's fucking embarrasing to the club and I feel ashamed to be associated with some of the people who comment regularly. Sooner it's gone the better.

Hear fucking hear !

The mongs need removing from Thisis - they are just poison !

Wise men say........
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:19:07 »

Why deny people a platform? The issue is the moderation of a small percentage of the comments and shutting it down entirely isn't really an appropriate solution.

Posters like fredi ought to have been handled more sensitively. Those individuals who post nothing but abuse and negative comments about the club are more than likely rival fans who enjoy watching the responses.

As often as people on here refer to the commenters on thisis as mongs, I can't recall anyone calling for them to be shut down
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:23:20 »

I saw Jed's tweets last night and don't think he has done himself any favours really in saying that at all. Doesn't sound too feasible really and sounds like the pressure is getting to Jed.

Don't take this personally Bob but why don't you think it's feasible?

If I was abroad (presumably a foreign investor would be) and I was offered an investment opportunity then the first thing I would do is Google the business. I'd then see (near the top) the local paper website and see what it had to say. Oh look...there's a comments section...might get to see what the fans think...oh dear! I'm out!

Jed I think you could say is an acquired taste and I get why he's not everyone's cup of tea but I really don't think he's making this shit up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: