Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver  (Read 14010 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:24:34 »

This is fucking priceless.

How many of us said it would just be better if the adver comments were shut down? And now that Jed seems to have a hand in it happening we're unhappy? Good move Jed, shut the whole comment shit down. It's fucking embarrasing to the club and I feel ashamed to be associated with some of the people who comment regularly. Sooner it's gone the better.

THIS
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:24:53 »

As often as people on here refer to the commenters on thisis as mongs, I can't recall anyone calling for them to be shut down

I can, but I think we then all came to the conclusion that it had better stay open as we had more than our fair share of cunts on here as it is.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:31:03 »

I don’t see why the comments section on Thisis should be shut down, if it bothers you that much don’t read it.
There are just as many negative comments on Facebook, Twitter and even on here sometimes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:32:32 »

For the love of god, please don't close the comments section.

1) They provide a good source of humour first thing in the morning which sets me up nicely for the rest of the day.

2) They make me realise that as shit as life can seem sometimes, there's always worse.

3) They'd all end up over here.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:34:01 »

Don't take this personally Bob but why don't you think it's feasible?

If I was abroad (presumably a foreign investor would be) and I was offered an investment opportunity then the first thing I would do is Google the business. I'd then see (near the top) the local paper website and see what it had to say. Oh look...there's a comments section...might get to see what the fans think...oh dear! I'm out!

Jed I think you could say is an acquired taste and I get why he's not everyone's cup of tea but I really don't think he's making this shit up!

Possibly Paolo, but have you read the comments of these people? Pretty sure a bona fide investor isn't going to look at the Adver comments and be put off by 'Paolo's meatballs' et al and their nonsensical comments.

However, its not beyond the realms of possibility that you could be right. I'm all for giving Jed a fair crack of the whip but I dunno, this bit to me doesn't sit right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:35:24 »

I'd be up for the THISIS mongs to come on over here. We could all moderate the fuck out of them. And by moderate I mean hurl abuse at until they fucked off again.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:42:16 »

Possibly Paolo, but have you read the comments of these people? Pretty sure a bona fide investor isn't going to look at the Adver comments and be put off by 'Paolo's meatballs' et al and their nonsensical comments.

However, its not beyond the realms of possibility that you could be right. I'm all for giving Jed a fair crack of the whip but I dunno, this bit to me doesn't sit right.

Fair enough Bob. I know what you're saying but I expect its a hard task to convince money men to part with their cash (especially in a league one football club) at the best of times. We all know that the Adver comments board is full of drivelling idiots who represent about 1% of our fan base but when there's very few places to read positive opinions to counteract these then guys with no knowledge of what they're are reading would give them credence at the very least.

They won't get shut down and probably shouldn't anyway but maybe they should be "hidden away" on a proper forum as has been suggested.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:47:00 »

Problem is the press generally need all the interaction than can get with all their customer base, idiots included. Their business model has changed/is changing and they are struggling to cope with the new world where everyone expects their news online for free. I expect they would rather keep all interaction open wherever possible - No publicity is bad publicity etc.

And anyway, more than anyone else, the press believe in freedom of speech etc, and I am sure that do not want censorship by Jed. I do think they need some sensible level of moderation though.Tricky position for the Adver to be in.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:12:15 »

Adver comments are open on the Cooper appointment article. There is some classic mongness at its best. Few decent posters though
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:15:51 »

For the love of god, please don't close the comments section.

1) They provide a good source of humour first thing in the morning which sets me up nicely for the rest of the day.

2) They make me realise that as shit as life can seem sometimes, there's always worse.

3) They'd all end up over here.

Louis Cassius is priceless.  I like the way he always signs off his posts with his name and an emoticon.

Rusty :-)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:39:47 »

So let me get this straight some of you are actually supporting, agreeing with and believing Jed's claim that sponsors are interested in doing business with STFC but are turned off by a few moaning fans on a newspaper website?

The man who has just signed a player who is due in court to be convicted of rape is now suddenly concerned over sponsors and laying the blame on the fans?

I want to shake and slap some sense in to some of our fans. Are you really being taken in by this colossal level of bull shit?
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:46:57 »

So let me get this straight some of you are actually supporting, agreeing with and believing Jed's claim that sponsors are interested in doing business with STFC but are turned off by a few moaning fans on a newspaper website?

The man who has just signed a player who is due in court to be convicted of rape is now suddenly concerned over sponsors and laying the blame on the fans?

I want to shake and slap some sense in to some of our fans. Are you really being taken in by this colossal level of bull shit?

No

Some people are suggesting that quite serious accusations from the likes of Fredi can be enough to make a potential investor/sponsor think twice. If you are going to try to cast aspersions upon other peoples' intelligence then you should try learning to read properly first.

And 'due in court to be convicted of rape'? So you have judged him as guilty already then?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:53:56 »

Well picked up on.

"The fans" are not always a collective as you can see from numerous varying opinions on here. I believe he laying the blame at the doors of the people who continue to spout negative and sometimes abusive stuff on thisis no matter what. They're a very small minority of "the fans" and many of us have often distanced ourself from them.

That's nice. I often have urge to do similar to people who disagree with me. Unfortunately i'm a bit of a weakling. :-)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:02:03 »

The idea that potential sponsors etc are turned away by comments on Adver articles is risible..almost as stupid as saying fans would be turned away by the Chairman posting shite on Twitter.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:05:05 »

No

Some people are suggesting that quite serious accusations from the likes of Fredi can be enough to make a potential investor/sponsor think twice. If you are going to try to cast aspersions upon other peoples' intelligence then you should try learning to read properly first.

And 'due in court to be convicted of rape'? So you have judged him as guilty already then?

I just don't see it happening.

Due to him being a massive cunt I would be leaning towards believing the verdict will be guilty. What that should have said is 'signed a player accused of rape' but as far as sponsorships go, the point still stands. Which do you feel is more damaging to the club?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: