Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36803 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 18:38:22 »

I'd just like to be the first to mention school holidays and escapees from asylums. I think that should pretty much cover the next couple of pages.

As you where.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 18:46:30 »

PNE Thor was my favourite.  I wonder if he's been re-captured yet.
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 18:48:24 »

PNE Thor was/is outstanding. 
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 19:54:10 »

Byrne is way too small to be a fullback, teams will exploit him like yesterday. Every time the goalie kicked it, it went towards him, and the only way he wins a header is if he fouls the player.
Have to say from the clips Hall and Byrne didn't look too clever defensively.

Byrne really needs a bit of defensive coaching and hopefully some of the young players will be receiving that and learning - rather than end up becoming demoralised.  The talent is there.

New manager please.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 06:57:18 »

Beating Stevenage playing awesome football didn't make us brilliant. Losing at Shrewsbury without offering much doesn't make us awful.

I'd agree with those who would like to see a decision made on the manager one way or the other soon - just to put that issue to bed. Also don't think it will make a hige difference given the way we (seem to be) approaching things this season.

Think the squad is decent, if Ranger and New Striker can offer us a more target man presence that should pay dividends once they are more settled in the side.

We'll be inconsistent but that's hardly new, even in the first half of last season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 09:11:20 »

Well said LR. Was always likely going to be an inconsistent start. The true measure of where we are at will come in October/November onwards. Hopefully we not in a relegation situation as heaping that much pressure on a young squad is a big ask.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 09:28:08 »

Do people who have been to the games think we still need more experience? Reading Sam's match report it sounded like after we went a goal behind we were an absolute shambles and lucky to go in at half time only 1 down.

Do we need a few more older heads to help Ward?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 11:35:06 »

Does the chap who had the pie hit in his face post on here? The best part of the day Saturday.

Also, the mongs stewards at Shrewsbury told a women to stop taking pictures, it was just a basic camera. bellends.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 17:00:50 »

Does the chap who had the pie hit in his face post on here? The best part of the day Saturday.

Haha, that or the guy who fell over trying to get the ball.
InThePooTogether

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:09:10 »

Shrewsbury fan here. Not gloating like that other knob earlier, as I know we’ll probably get turned over at your place, and lots of other places too, no doubt. But some of what I’ve read on here deserves an alternative view.

Graham Turner’s been in football management for more years than most STFC (of both locations) fans have got brain cells, so he is well used to the better players of his clubs being “tapped up” and lured away by larger pay cheques. It’s a simple fact of mercenary life. So why did he (and Shrewsbury) get so Panesar’d off when it happened to James Collins?

1) Collins was lured away by money which Swindon couldn’t afford.
2) Swindon then found an implausible excuse to delay the transfer fee tribunal until after the transfer window was closed. Therefore Turner, working within a realistic budget, did not know how much money he had available to get Collins’ replacement. Result? No replacement.
3) To compound matters, Swindon then didn’t (couldn’t) pay the transfer fee for several months.

In similar circumstances, Swindon fans would have been screaming about anal rape, and PdC would have burst several blood vessels. “Old Man River” was extremely restrained by comparison.

Turner (“the senile tosser”) deserves more respect than the ageist drivel posted early in this thread.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:13:40 »

We had the money when we bought him, then the owner fucked off. Deal with it bitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:18:40 »

Screaming anal rape? You've read more of our forum that you'd care to admit, haven't you Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:22:49 »

Screaming anal rape? You've read more of our forum that you'd care to admit, haven't you Cheesy

Yeah and the stuff about ageist drivel...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:23:39 »

Shrewsbury fan here. Not gloating like that other knob earlier, as I know we’ll probably get turned over at your place, and lots of other places too, no doubt. But some of what I’ve read on here deserves an alternative view.

Graham Turner’s been in football management for more years than most STFC (of both locations) fans have got brain cells, so he is well used to the better players of his clubs being “tapped up” and lured away by larger pay cheques. It’s a simple fact of mercenary life. So why did he (and Shrewsbury) get so Panesar’d off when it happened to James Collins?

1) Collins was lured away by money which Swindon couldn’t afford.
2) Swindon then found an implausible excuse to delay the transfer fee tribunal until after the transfer window was closed. Therefore Turner, working within a realistic budget, did not know how much money he had available to get Collins’ replacement. Result? No replacement.
3) To compound matters, Swindon then didn’t (couldn’t) pay the transfer fee for several months.

In similar circumstances, Swindon fans would have been screaming about anal rape, and PdC would have burst several blood vessels. “Old Man River” was extremely restrained by comparison.

Turner (“the senile tosser”) deserves more respect than the ageist drivel posted early in this thread.

(but congratulations on taking the moral high ground over a football transfer)
InThePooTogether

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 19:26:21 »

One other thing.

We don't hate being called Welsh. We all have a fair percentage of Welsh blood in us (it's inevitable so close to the border), and enables us to support both national teams if we're so inclined. Quite useful when it comes to Rugby Union!

If we don't find the Welsh jibe particularly funny, it's because we've heard it several thousand times over several decades. It's about as original as the "Taming of the Shrews" headline...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: