Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36271 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 23:00:06 »

The Opponent:  Shrewsbury Town

Why do I get the feeling there won’t be a sudden surge of impressionable young  Swindonian’s running down to the nearest willing tattooist to have their name inked upon their forehead’s? OK, the past of Nile Ranger is somewhat, well, shocking.  It seems some may wish to judge him on this past, which, of course, is their prerogative, and others may wish to judge him on the fact that he has been charged with rape. The thing is, regardless of previous convictions, innocent until proven guilty remains a basic tenet of English law, something I am glad of. The only evidence I have the slightest bit of interest in is whether he is capable of scoring the goals and creating the chances that take us, and keep us in the top 6 of League 1. Looking at his footballing past there isn’t really a great deal to suggest his 1 goal in every 25 appearances is likely to do this, but who knows, League 1 could be the level that sees him flourish. Sadly I feel this signing may gather a bit of negative publicity, especially with the inbred folk up the A420. Is Nile Ranger the man to wear the No.9 shirt? Time (and court appearances) will tell.

So, its the other STFC today. Our friends from North Wales have looked forward to this match on the last few occasions now, I think it started when we had the audacity to sign Di Canio as our manager, and turn them over at the County Ground later the same season, much to the disgust of Graham Turner, mixed in with a heavy dose of Dosser provocation. Work won’t allow me to get to this one today, I made the journey last season and have to say the Shrewsbury fans were amongst some of the strangest beings I have came across. The welcoming committee at the pub resembled a scene from outside the Tesco Express in Blackbird Leas and inside the Meccano-like glorified non-league ground a handful of their ‘lads’ spent the entire 90 minutes giving us the finger   From what I can remember, the parking was fucking dreadful at Shrewsbury, a good 15 minute walk to the ground, and the pub was just as far. All in all I’m quite happy to be missing this one, although it would be more fun than collecting garden weathered sofas in Tetbury and Calne.

Worth a visit – If you do have a bit of time (and the yearning to find a decent pub), the indoor market in Shrewsbury is off Baker Street on the first and second floor and easy for non-locals to miss but it is well worth finding and exploring all the way to the top. It has a wide range of stalls selling food, books, music, arts and crafts and most importantly, much much cheese. Apparently it is open on a Saturday, which kind of makes sense.

They’ve served us both – Jimmy Quinn, Jamie Cureton, Tim Parkin, Moses Ashikodi, Jake Jervis, Dave Hockaday, James Collins, Ian Woan, Paul (What a free kick) Evans, Tope Odebayi, and the magnificent Fola Onibuje! Seems to be a fair few strikers amongst that lot.

Where the opposition gather – One of the various Swindon related threads to enjoy. I must say, the past form of these guys has been hilarious at times. I have never seen so much fury from one little club’s main forum! All seems fairly quiet at the moment, although the usual Swindon troll hasn’t visited yet it seems. (NOT GUILTY)

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/84877/nile-ranger

Last 6 – LDWWDL (After 2 games so far this season they have lost 1 and drawn 1)

The Odds –  Shrewsbury 12/5  Draw 12/5 Swindon 5/4. In case you do want to throw some cash away, Nile Ranger is 6/1 to score the 1st goal. With his previous goalscoring ratio, albeit much from the bench, and not much chance of him starting, 16/1 would be about right. I am hoping that my dismissive attitude leads to him scoring a 2nd half hat trick.

The Son Says – We are moving home on Sunday, but he still found the time away from packing a 20ft containers worth of STFC memorabilia to predict a 2-0 victory for the one and only STFC.

The Prediction – If, and its a big if, the same Swindon turn up that did for the first half against Stevenage, it could be a slaughtering. However, I think Nile’s initiation song on the coach on the way up (Coolio’s Gangstas Paradise) could make the lads feel a little uneasy, so I am going to agree with the lad and go for a 2-0 win, goals from Storey and Luongo, 4’926 in attendance with 646 travelling up.

And Finally –  This took some digging, Martin Wood from Shrewsbury, is the world’s tallest town crier, measuring in at a lofty 7ft 2”! Oh yay indeed.

COYR COYR COYR
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 23:16:52 »

I'd nearly forgot how deluded those Welsh cunts are. Ta for the reminder Shaw Rosso.

3-0 drubbing in our favour tomorrow. Turner to blame the Kaiser, the senile tosser, Dosser to burn an effigy of Shrewsbury made of lego.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:57:08 by Honkytonk » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 23:27:46 »

3-0 with a Nile Ranger hat trick in his only appearance before being sent down on Wednesday.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 23:44:39 »

Slightly surprised to see Shrewsbury described as Wales.....unless something serious has happened in Shropshire which I failed to notice.....however, if that is simply an attempt to wind up their fans, it should be very successful!!!  There is no hatred for the Welsh so intense as that from the English side of the border!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 01:39:06 »

Last season they weren't very happy when we referred to them as being Welsh....

Coupled with James Collins starting for us.....

The blow was softened when he missed a sitter in front of their home end and subsequently subbed off after an hour...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 04:42:18 »

All those bitter twats go on about is losing the game at the CG when PDC was here and tapped up Collins.

If we worried about every decision that went against us in games and what opposition managers get up to we would have to hate every team we have ever played!

Hope we take it to them today, pass them off the park and win. I predict a nice 2-0 win.

COYR
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:19:44 »

Just cant shift the feeling that this is going to be a bit piss easy.

I expect Old Man River is having his daily influx of monkey glands and shredded tiger penis to maintain his youthful appearance - before exploding at 4.45 after witnessing a humiliating 4-0 defeat
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:26:04 »

1-0 to the Swindon Town, 1-0 to the Swindon Town....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:47:50 »

2-0 Luongo and some other bloke who doesn't belong to us.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:10:48 »

2-1 defeat.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:12:04 »

2-1 defeat.

Good man!   Cheesy

I await your prediction each week as eagerly as I do Rosso's thread start.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:31:06 »

The main reason they are bitter is because they had their best season in years and no one gave them any attention as everyone was focused on us and Paolo. We then rubbed salt in by stealing their top scorer. Considering fuck all happens in Shrewsbury, they are gonna be pissed about this for decades.

My favourite part was how much they loathed PDC despite the fact he never had anything but good words to say about them and their bitter old scrote of a manager.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:37:19 »

Graham Turner is a bitter old twat. Shrewsbury's dislike for us is hilarious, 1-3 win (Williams, Ward, Ranger).

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:40:12 »

Slightly surprised to see Shrewsbury described as Wales.....unless something serious has happened in Shropshire which I failed to notice.....however, if that is simply an attempt to wind up their fans, it should be very successful!!!  There is no hatred for the Welsh so intense as that from the English side of the border!

The latter, my geographic abilities are beyond question Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:00:32 »

Considering fuck all happens in Shrewsbury, they are gonna be pissed off about this for decades.

Not the main point of your post...but sorry.  Couldn't let that one go.   Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: