Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35811 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:02:21 »

I'm driving to Scotland today.  I'm wondering if the wife will notice if I slow progress to the point where we're passing Salop at 3pm.  (Ideally, we'll need to be up around the Lake District by then, so a tall order!)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:06:24 »

I'm in Wales and driving home today, tried that one also, but she twigged, and said she hoped I enjoyed the train journey home as there would be no waiting going on, if I "accidentally" ended up  near there.
lambourn red

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:11:34 »

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/84870/come-on-blues

They really dont like us , I find it mildly amusing that we are disliked by so many other teams. I have absolutely no ill feeling to Shrewsbury at all they are so insignificant in footballing circles apart from the fact they stole our initials.

1 - 2 Luongo and the Lone Ranger
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:14:57 »

Last season they weren't very happy when we referred to them as being Welsh....

Coupled with James Collins starting for us.....

The blow was softened when he missed a sitter in front of their home end and subsequently subbed off after an hour...

As the subject of fickle football fans is in vogue round here, I remember he got a good booing from one corner of about 100 irate fans, then when his number came up for his substitution, cuing more jeering, he turned around to that corner and gave them a couple of polite claps and ended up getting a standing ovation off the pitch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:20:40 »

Let's beat the welsh cunts!

Done both grounds and I enjoyed the game when we stuffed em under McMoan...

Clems Army!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:31:04 »

Feeling optomistic about the trip to Wales today. Scoring goals will continue to be a problem so expecting a 0-1 result today. Red Army.....

Bathtime
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:44:48 »

I'm in Wales and driving home today, tried that one also, but she twigged, and said she hoped I enjoyed the train journey home as there would be no waiting going on, if I "accidentally" ended up  near there.

We are heading home from Staffordshire but I have convinced the family that shrewbury is beautiful and that they would love to spend an afternoon there  Smiley
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:56:24 »

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/84870/come-on-blues

They really dont like us , I find it mildly amusing that we are disliked by so many other teams. I have absolutely no ill feeling to Shrewsbury at all they are so insignificant in footballing circles apart from the fact they stole our initials.

1 - 2 Luongo and the Lone Ranger

It's quite sweet really, I like the run down of reasons to hate us, all factually true.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 09:05:58 »

We are heading home from Staffordshire but I have convinced the family that shrewbury is beautiful and that they would love to spend an afternoon there  Smiley

I think it was two seasons ago that we played them on the August BH Saturday and the Shrewsbury folk festival was on. Great atmosphere in the pubs that lunchtime including jamming sessions with harps and sword dancers in one of the pubs. Shame it 's not a week later as I would have gone there this season.

1-1 with Luongo scoring again.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 09:23:31 »

Shrewsbury is indeed very nice and I very nearly did spend an afternoon there in 95-96 drinking lovely beer in a lovely pub where the Landlord claimed to be a Town fan (I suspected he claimed to be a fan of whatever club's fans were drinking in there). I tore myself away in the end to go to the game (the one where we'd already won the league). It was a great shame when they moved from Gay (tee hee!) Meadow to the Lego Stadium.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 10:03:02 »

Nice to see the taffy sheep shaggers (for the record I do know where they are but they hate being called Welsh) are knowledgable about our team, a quote from their forum.

So Five spurs players on loan a Newcastle Forward on loan and they have signed a former Spurs player nothing to worry about then.

Didnt realise we had 5 loanees from Spurs and that Ranger was on loan too, I guess they must know something we don't know....or they are just a bit backward in reading facts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 10:09:08 »

At least they are kind of right JJ, if you asked me about their team I wouldn't have a clue. They got rid of marvin Morgan that's all I know.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 10:35:42 »

I know they signed a loanee England U20 teammate of Pritchards yesterday, a winger from Midlesborough called Adam Reach.

Other transfer dealings so far are Alex McQuade defender a free from Bolton, Dave Winfield defender free from Wycombe, Tamika Mkandawire defender free from Milwall, Akwasi Asante striker  1 mth loan from Birmingham.

Players out are Marvin Morgan to Plymouth Argyle and Matt Richards to Cheltenham.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 10:52:47 »

It's quite sweet really, I like the run down of reasons to hate us, all factually true.

Except the one about the "homer ref". Apparently Shrewsbury seem to have in their heads that a referee from Salisbury must be biased, ignoring that fact it wasn't a pen - it was outside the box (just), the lino didn't flag, the ref like most in L2 was just dogshite, plenty of decisions went against us that season and one dodgy decision in February doesn't lose you the title.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:14:46 »

I liked Shrewsbury hating us. Don't know why but I think we might come unstuck today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: