Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36800 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 00:12:32 »

I don't come on here much anymore, and this page alone is reason enough to not post, or even look again. This is posters are described as mongs, but it's far worse here now, previously reasonable posters brains have turned to shit. Cant see the wood for the trees imo.

That would now be the previous page.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 00:27:06 »

The constant regurgitation of peoples opinions expressed as though they are facts. Same old drum everyday with no basis or evidence either way.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 06:56:15 »

I'm pissed off I renewed my season ticket and have put money into their pockets tbh.

The old "lining their pockets" insult

Still waiting for a shred of evidence to support this ludicrous claim
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:12:23 »

Some vintage turd on the last couple of pages hahaha

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:15:19 »

So either we're skint and haven't got a pot to piss on or we're wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds on shit players like Byrne and possibly Jervis - which is it?

I would imagine the cost-cutting exercise was purely to reduce the wage bill to manageable proportions.

We may well have disposable cash with the sale of players which is being put back into the team.

Sounds sensible to me - whether it will be money well spent is another thing
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:24:11 »

So without reading pages of people Jed bashing, basically we were shit yesterday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DRS

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:24:28 »

No way on gods green earth are we paying 450k for Jervis
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:27:17 »

he only cost Elazigspor 50k euros and he doesn't appear to have a squad number
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:28:42 »

So without reading pages of people Jed bashing, basically we were shit yesterday?

Pretty much. Didn't make it hard for Shrewsbury. Just faffed around with the ball in front of them and made silly errors which cost us two and should've been 3 goals. We started the 2nd half reasonably but that didn't really last long and it wasn't until Ranger came on that we gave them something to think about.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:39:48 »

I think Jed will have to ask the Pikey fans to form a circle with their caravans next weekend.

Lucky heather, anyone?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:15:34 »

The old "lining their pockets" insult

Still waiting for a shred of evidence to support this ludicrous claim

I probably shouldn't have used the word pockets, as I wasn't meaning Jed's personal pocket, but the club as a whole.  I lost a lot of interest in the close season and was hoping it would return when the football started.  Unfortunately it hasn't and therefore I wish I hadn't spent a lot of money renewing my season ticket. I don't like the direction the club appears to be taking, but that's a personal opinion and not really sure how the fact I've lost some interest because of it makes me a mong tbh?

On a related note, do people honestly thing it's normal for chairman of football clubs to give out information on transfer activity in pubs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:15:41 »

missed this,wasnt ignoring you.
I cannot see how anyone could tell if he wasn't getting the best out of them yet.

I think it is too early to say too. I think the evidence points to Coopers record being suspect but I agree that if the scope of the job is limited to getting the player you are given to play in a system and style you are told to play then shelling out loads of cash on a 'top' manager is a bit pointless. They will be hamstrung to the point of being ineffective.

On the other if the manager has more of a free reign than that then I wouldn't rush to appoint Cooper.

--------------
On another note, is it just me or has Morshead been a lot quieter since his bollocking clear the air meeting.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:17:40 by Batch » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:51:50 »

On a related note, do people honestly thing it's normal for chairman of football clubs to give out information on transfer activity in pubs?

No. At the moment, with a 'not terrible' start to the season, and a successfully reduced budget, I'm a lot less 'anti' with regards to the board and the running of the club than I was. I do, however, think Jed is a bit of a weapon. I don't like what I see and hear of him (as a person) at all. He's classless, unprofessional, and comes across as a bit of a dickhead.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 10:03:38 »

Afraid I have to agree with Sutton

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 10:08:05 »

Afraid I have to agree with Sutton

What you afraid of Grin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: