Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36795 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:22:14 »

It always makes me smile. Do people expect us to go through the season unbeaten? Last weekend people were saying the football we played was something special and  Cooper should get the job permanently.
I don't really think 3 league games and a cup tie with Torquay is enough to formulate a reasoned viewpoint on how well, or badly, this season will map out.

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:23:48 »

The question is "Which left back is better that Byrne".

McEvely is the wrong answer

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:25:18 »

McEvely is the wrong answer

It really isn't.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:25:33 »

Develop a fucking sense of perspective, something that has been direly lacking amongst our fanbase for as long as I can recall...

You need to take your own advice on this one.

Either that or for once actually give some clear, logical reason as to why you think Cooper deserves the job.

Tamworth. Cooper achieves 0 wins in 5. Tamworth are bottom when Cooper leaves the club.
Peterborough. Cooper manages 1 win in 13. Peterborough are bottom when he leaves the club.

Today again we lose away without scoring a goal. And it could/should have been more than 2-0.

Cooper has achieved little in the game as a manager. He lacks league experience. I question his coaching ability and his tactical nous. I question his ability to change a game, and even to motivate our players.

He is simply the cheap option.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:31:43 »

You need to take your own advice on this one.

Either that or for once actually give some clear, logical reason as to why you think Cooper deserves the job.

Tamworth. Cooper achieves 0 wins in 5. Tamworth are bottom when Cooper leaves the club.
Peterborough. Cooper manages 1 win in 13. Peterborough are bottom when he leaves the club.

Today again we lose away without scoring a goal. And it could/should have been more than 2-0.

Cooper has achieved little in the game as a manager. He lacks league experience. I question his coaching ability and his tactical nous. I question his ability to change a game, and even to motivate our players.

He is simply the cheap option.
I don't think Cooper deserves the job.

I've said that Cooper may as well be appointed because they're giving Cooper a chance to shine. If the inevitable is that Cooper is appointed because he fits the ethos of this board then I'd rather that it happened sooner rather than later. The uncertainty is potentially damaging and does nobody any favours.

I don't disagree with you regarding his record. I won't comment regarding his coaching ability, tactical nous, ability to change a game or motivational ability because I'm neither qualified to comment or afforded the opportunity to witness any of the aforementioned first hand.

Personally I'd rather the board appointed someone like Tisdale.
china red

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:33:56 »

It's the third game of the season, lets give the team a bit more time to gel. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:34:17 »

It always makes me smile. Do people expect us to go through the season unbeaten? Last weekend people were saying the football we played was something special and  Cooper should get the job permanently.
I don't really think 3 league games and a cup tie with Torquay is enough to formulate a reasoned viewpoint on how well, or badly, this season will map out.

In an Adver poll 80% of our fans want Cooper to get the job...in other Adver polls 80% believe in Santa Claus and that Elvis lives on the dark side of the moon.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:34:34 »

It always makes me smile. Do people expect us to go through the season unbeaten? Last weekend people were saying the football we played was something special and  Cooper should get the job permanently.

Fact is Cooper should have been appointed weeks back,it has nothing to do with his past record but all to do with the players(most very young) knowing what the hell is going on.

Course if he turns out to be a disaster then you get rid.

Also when you have the board picking the team....well work it out for yourselfs.
Think the board are working very hard to try and make things work....but the longer we go with no one in charge it will only get worse.

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:34:52 »

I don't think Cooper deserves the job.

I've said that Cooper may as well be appointed because they're giving Cooper a chance to shine. If the inevitable is that Cooper is appointed because he fits the ethos of this board then I'd rather that it happened sooner rather than later. The uncertainty is potentially damaging and does nobody any favours.

I don't disagree with you regarding his record. I won't comment regarding his coaching ability, tactical nous, ability to change a game or motivational ability because I'm neither qualified to comment or afforded the opportunity to witness any of the aforementioned first hand.

Personally I'd rather the board appointed someone like Tisdale.

That's a decent reply to be fair.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:35:42 »

Not post game interview write ups from anyone?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:37:19 »

It really isn't.

Based on one mistake in one game? Have you forgotten how poor McEvely was?Or did you not think so? Not arguing just interested in what you think McEvely's strengths are.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:47:52 »

Based on one mistake in one game? Have you forgotten how poor McEvely was?Or did you not think so? Not arguing just interested in what you think McEvely's strengths are.

I think McEcerly's strength is in defending. His distribution and forward movement isn't best at times. That's probably why he's not in the team.

I've not been impressed with Byrne. I think he's defensively weaker, sometimes positionally suspect. Yet at times he looks half decent and could improve (being young).

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:07:15 »

Not a disaster IMO....appointing Cooper full time would be (IMO)....

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:09:05 »

Out of curiosity, would those who are opposed to Cooper's appointment as manager want him out of the club entirely?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:10:46 »

Out of curiosity, would those who are opposed to Cooper's appointment as manager want him out of the club entirely?

Nope...At least the cunt didnt cut and run...Number 2 would be ok by me.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: