Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 72784 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #210 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:51:41 »

Putting the myth of the MOM curse aside...
I think Cooper will fall for the Manager of the month curse....we will not win this Saturday Cheesy

I have to agree with all the comments above, I was not in favour of Cooperman as manager right through last season, his interviews annoyed me a lot, blaming the fans for getting on (underperforming) players backs and not blaming himself at all for poor tactical choices.

But this season he has improved his media skills (yes not a major thing but its good to have someone who can talk to the media in charge) and we have come on leaps and bounds as a team under his managership.

I am glad to be proved wrong and long may that continue.

Well done Mark you deserved the award and even if we do fall off (heaven forbid) from the title chase then he must be in with a shout for "Manager of the season" award.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:57:41 »

I don't think his media interaction has changed at all frankly, and I have always liked the way he deals with the press. He's not arrogant, he's measured. Weighs his words carefully before saying anything. If it doesn't need more than a single word answer he won't give it.

Congrats Coops, now lets push on and win the fucking league.

WE ARE COOPER'S RED AND WHITE ARMY
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #212 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:58:01 »

Cooper shouldn't have got the job.

I'm glad he did. I don't care who is pulling the recruitment strings, its currently working. He and his coaching staff have been near faultless given the restrictions placed on them.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:08:07 »

Congrats to Coops! I wasn't big behind his appointment but he's turned me around and I fully back his appointment. Hopefully the MOM curse doesn't strike and we kick on to get promotion!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #214 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:08:50 »

A couple of defeats and some of you will be calling for his head again.

He'll be the victim of his own success, certainly with supporters.

I only say "Cooper out" when we win.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:11:10 »

I only say "Cooper out" when we win.

Because that's what you call your penis?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:25:51 »

Because that's what you call your penis?
He'll wince if cooper ever gets the chop
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #217 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 11:13:27 »

Who the hell names their penis?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 11:17:43 »

Who the hell names their penis?

Samdy apparently.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #219 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 11:27:17 »

Samdy apparently.
Apparently he calls it chinook because its a massive chopper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 19:41:49 »

Well done Super Coops !!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 19:54:33 »

My point really was not that people were against the appointment (mine was 'meh... you might as well give him a go, at least he knows the players, if we're bottom after 6 games he'll be out the door')...but that those people don't seem to be able to move on from the fact that he was 'the cheap option' and in 'the right place at the right time'. The fact  is that he has done an absolutely superb job.

OK, people on here have given him credit but the general 'vibe' I get (and I stress this is not directed at anyone specifically) is that people think we would be doing this well whoever was in charge and that our recent relative success is all down to Power. Maybe that's not the case but that's just what I'm picking up.

Costanza, you said he hadn't achieved anything. I disagree.  I think that getting us to 8th last season and 2nd so far this season playing football which at times is a joy to watch, with players who are a totally unknown quantity at this level, is most definitely an achievement. Hopefully it will all translate to a more tangible achievement in the form of promotion.

At the start of this season, or maybe it was during the pre-season, some people were still saying they would love to have Sherwood here. Why? What's he done? Why did they think he would be better than Cooper? Maybe they've changed their opinion now... Hmmm

Only recently, when Rosler got the Spanish Archer at Wigan some one said they would love to have him here. Again, why? How much better could we possibly do under him than with Cooper?? (I like Rosler btw but come on...)

I can't be arsed to look it up but I would like to see what Il Duce's record was for the same number of games that Cooper has been in charge for. I'm sure that Cooper's record compares very favourably. I don't expect him for one second to get the same level of hero worship that Di Canio did. Any praise that does go his way though, just seems to be given a bit reluctantly.

To sum up, people seem to be a bit 'meh' about Cooper when the fact is, we got very lucky indeed.

I maybe talking bollocks (I probably am)....that's just the feeling I get.  

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 19:59:18 »

Costanza - OK I've read it again and you didn't exactly say he'd not achieved anything but I can't be arsed to change it now Cool
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #223 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 20:04:48 »

I was against the appointment on the basis that it was a case of 'cheap man, right time'.  Clearly that was wrong as we appear to have achieved the opposite with the added bonus of a Chairman who more or less fits the bill for the time being.

Well done to Cooper and long may he continue... Unless we look like getting relegated of course...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 20:14:28 »

I was against the appointment on the basis that it was a case of 'cheap man, right time'.  Clearly that was wrong as we appear to have achieved the opposite with the added bonus of a Chairman who more or less fits the bill for the time being.

Well done to Cooper and long may he continue... Unless we look like getting relegated of course...
Too right - I'll be chanting for his head with the rest of them if that happens Wink
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: