Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 72325 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, October 10, 2014, 12:12:09 »

Please no...we all know what that portends.  Much better, to be like on yesterday's FLS, goals shown  with the also rans and no mention from Manish or Claridge.

Cotterill is doing a marvellous job....

Phew, seems that the goons who decide these things agree  Wink
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 00:44:24 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2836975/Mark-Cooper-ends-Bristol-City-s-

Good luck Terry - a great attacking full back for England and Leeds and a decent man by all accounts - even as a manager of Bristol City in its darkest days - and now sadly very ill.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:44:26 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2836975/Mark-Cooper-ends-Bristol-City-s-

Good luck Terry - a great attacking full back for England and Leeds and a decent man by all accounts - even as a manager of Bristol City in its darkest days - and now sadly very ill.
And great respect/sympathy for Copper junior,  it can't have been easy these last few weeks.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:18:05 »

Doing a fab job with little money- which is th mark of a good manager unlike Cotterill
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 06:35:35 »

He's won  manager of the month
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 06:47:37 »

WE'RE DOOMED!

Well done, Coops.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #201 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 07:21:33 »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 07:42:50 »

Suicide
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 07:59:57 »

Putting the myth of the MOM curse aside...

A richly deserved award for Mark Cooper. Am I imagining it or is he not getting as much love as he should be from STFC fans?

I just get the feeling that some people can't get the idea out of their heads that he was appointed because he happened to be 1) in the right place at the right time, was 2) the cheap/easy option and 3) the only reason we are any good is because of Lee Power and his contacts.

1 and 2 may be true but 3 certainly isn't and Cooper should be getting a hell of a lot more credit. This is a good start.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:03:59 »

Putting the myth of the MOM curse aside...

A richly deserved award for Mark Cooper. Am I imagining it or is he not getting as much love as he should be from STFC fans?

I just get the feeling that some people can't get the idea out of their heads that he was appointed because he happened to be 1) in the right place at the right time, was 2) the cheap/easy option and 3) the only reason we are any good is because of Lee Power and his contacts.

1 and 2 may be true but 3 certainly isn't and Cooper should be getting a hell of a lot more credit. This is a good start.

I thought it was an atrocious appointment. I was atrociously wrong. Back to back Manager of the Month awards please Mark.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:27:11 »

I was very much (note the emphasis on very much) against Cooper's appointment. I've mentioned it before but when you consider that his previous appointments post-Peterborough were essentially babysitting doomed football clubs then it was absolutely understandable why so many were not keen at the time. Plus those who prefer big names who had barely heard of him etc

Cooper has done a great job thus far but managers at this level are judged by, for want of a better word, real achievements. For all the great results and lovely football, we need this side to get us up... and I really hope they do, obv.
kerry red

« Reply #206 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:13:05 »

I don't think any sane Town fan could have envisaged the position we are now in at the time of Cooper's appointment.

It signalled the end of PdC's era (Kmac notwithstanding) of excess and we were all faced with a slashed budget, young players nobody had ever heard of and the inevitable decline of the club into the nether regions of the pyramid.

The fact that the exact polar opposite happened is nothing short of miraculous.

Whether by pure good luck or by design it heralded the 'perfect storm'. The right manager, the right Chairman and, of course, the right mix of players all coming together at the right time.

As regards Cooper in isolation - a man cannot do better than making the very best of an opportunity that comes his way.

Wonder if KMac has any regrets now
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:30:13 »

Job by default...

Post interview style (arrogant and flippant) fucked me off last season and that match at Blades will haunt me for a long time.

This season has been a complete turnaround and I am choking on humble pie as Town sit pretty.

Let's see if we can keep it going...

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #208 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:36:30 »

As a collective, the fans have been wrong about most things: Cooper, the loan links/policy, paying money for Nathan Byrne, not getting rid of Andy Williams, Michael Smith being shit and not worth the money, Power vs Jed (leading to the most cringe worthy brown nosing I have ever seen on social media), gearing up for a relegation battle this season, the lack of playing budget.
I don’t think the fans were wrong about Kevin Macdonald, it was just a shame a lot of people’s minds were made up too quickly.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 09:39:53 »

A couple of defeats and some of you will be calling for his head again.

He'll be the victim of his own success, certainly with supporters.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: