Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stevenage Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31974 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:15:48 »

Ooooooh....intriguing words from Jed
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:23:12 »

Copper is getting it...sigh....not a good move move IMO.

But i will be there every week from now on so......whatever...

Clems Army!
kaufman

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:24:24 »

It's Obika judging from Jed's Tweets
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:28:41 »

It's Obika judging from Jed's Tweets
Perm or loan?

Either way, (if it's him) I hope he does a lot better than the last time he played for us.
kaufman

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:31:25 »

Jed said something about debating whether a player
can have a 2nd chance, then suggested it may not be Clarke.

No idea whether its a loan or permanent or even if above is true.
Just process of elimination.

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:33:24 by kaufman » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:32:09 »

Excellent first half, scrappy 2nd half.

Ward MOM - didn't miss a thing all game.

Byrne a bit off his game today.

Kasim is class at this level - terrific signing

Hall and Ward have the making of a really good pairing - impressed with Hall today

Lungfish ran the show first half, but like a few others unable to keep it up 2nd half

The benefit for me is this game showed we can stand up to the physical side of the game and are able to grind out a result when the passing game fails to flow.

I can only remember We making one save 1st half and them missing a bit of a sitter of a header in the 2nd.

Overall, a terrific performance.

Pity I can't say same for the officials
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:33:04 »

Perm or loan?

Either way, (if it's him) I hope he does a lot better than the last time he played for us.
He looks to have bulked up a bit. If it's a target man we're after, maybe he'll fit the bill?
Can we get him on a loan deal?

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:33:40 »

Obika can piss off, the lazy dick
corner

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:38:18 »

Obika can piss off, the lazy dick
Thought he was sighning for charlton..... Maybe we power twisted spurs arm....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:38:53 »

Scored 3 in 10 for Charlton last season if Wikipedia is to be believed Hmmm
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:43:15 »

Jed said something about debating whether a player
can have a 2nd chance, then suggested it may not be Clarke.

No idea whether its a loan or permanent or even if above is true.
Just process of elimination.

Nile Ranger has been mentioned but if jed mentioned 2nd chance it can't be him. He must have had 20
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:46:47 »

The first half was superb. Total control, really nice passing, made our first chance after less than a minute, great passing move and a superb finish from Luongo who ran the show until half time.

Second half we tried to play the same way but couldn't, and in truth as much as the first half showed the brilliance of the passing game the second showed the frustrating nature that can also surface. Stevenage pressed us more, we changed shape by pushing Reis and Storey further forward and we stopped passing to each other and gave the ball back to Stevenage. In fact it took us about 40 minutes to get a shot away. In the meantime we were lucky not to concede a couple of times, especially from a diving header that looked nailed on but failed to find the target.

Still early days, still hugely encouraging we stood up to a physical test. Actually I didn't think they were that physical...

Reis continues to frustrate, he has the attributes but an inability to use the right ones at the right time . Still hoping he just needs games!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:50:41 »

Impressive first half, second half slightly less so but the lack of options on the bench didn't help that and Stevenage were always going to have a go when a goal down - they should have scored when that guy missed the ball completely from the low cross near the end.

Lovely goal, Luongo was good at times last season but he seems to have picked it up another level this season. Superb.

Tjane and Storey were fairly average first half without really threatening but were both poor second half and it's a shame we didn't have any real options to replace them with.

Everyone's going on about us needed a striker, but it's two that we need really. I trust Power to pull a couple out of the bag, hope it's not just Obika we sign though.

Stevenage were awful but you can only beat what is put in front of you and we did that. Bigger tests still to come and I will reserve judgement for a while yet as I hope most will.

On a final note, what's with the random front blocks of seats being removed from the Stratton Bank all about? Looks even more tinpot than usual!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:52:02 »

Excellent first half.  Luongo and Kasim stood out for me.

Second half was a tad frustrating. With the diving header six yards out Stevenage could and probably should have nabbed a point.

I think we need to be more careful with where we play out of defence at times.  There's nothing wrong with a ball down the line and asking the wide men to chase to relieve pressure. Better teams will punish us for that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 16:52:09 »

On a final note, what's with the random front blocks of seats being removed from the Stratton Bank all about? Looks even more tinpot than usual!

Were they taken out to accommodate the concerts?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: