Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51063 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 20:47:24 »

Poole Town didn't have a game today, they played last night  Hmmm

All sounded very promising, but the lack of a striker that can play the lone role is something that needs addressing if the system is going to work. Certainly not concerned at the moment

Totally agree and if I'm honest, why hasn't it been addressed during the summer if this is the system we were going to play?  We've brought enough players in for other positions, but not the key one?

chunky monkey

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 20:48:48 »

Could someone who went to the game do player ratings from 1 to 10 please?

Regarding Benson, a natural striker he might be but is he capable of playing as a lone striker at his age for the entire season?

Of course he's not, that doesn't mean to say he couldn't do a job
fatbasher

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:01:50 »

FFS It's money. Whether he can or cannot do a job is immaterial, we'll never find out. Same goes for Caddis & L, Rooney et al.
chunky monkey

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:14:09 »

FFS It's money. Whether he can or cannot do a job is immaterial, we'll never find out. Same goes for Caddis & L, Rooney et al.

A decent goal scorer is going to cost especially one that will fit the system we want to play, or should we not set our sights that high?
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:29:07 »

I'm not sure it's a goal scorer we need.

A target man that we can play off is just what we need, if they can chip in with a few goals as well that would be a bonus.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:31:21 »

I'd suggest that an experienced striker was probably in the plans, however getting benson, caddis and l.Rooney off the wage list may be hindering being able to pay for such a luxury.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:33:01 »

Hello girls, bet you have had fun whining over the break Wink
Saw Sy ask  for ratings so:
Fods. 7 never had much do to, what he did have to he did well.
NT. 6. Dodgy 1st half, where their 23 I think ripped him. for some reason they swapped him over and Nathan did far batter 2nd half
Smith. 7. Started a bit shaky but grew into the game, I though he looked pretty good.
Hall. 6. Started like stevie wonder,  pity the lad though as it was chop him and red card, or let him fire over for the goal, unfortunately it went in, got better though and looked good 2nd half.
Ward. 7.5. Didn't know he could do that(pass) as well as defend, class act.
Luongo. 8. Star man, always knew what to do with the ball.
Mason. 7. very quiet 1st half, but grew into the game , and sooo unlucky with the crossbar effort.
Pritchard. 6.5. Anonymous 1st half, but looked very tricky and clever 2nd, He'll be  good no doubt on that.
Tijane. 7.5. Possible Portugese Pele in the making.
Harley. 6. Shockingly didn't recognise him until 2nd half, once I did he put some nice passes away, did ok.
Williams 6. Hard job for him and he struggled 1st half, as I doubt he's done lone striker before, 2nd half seemed to get the gist of it, and played better. Should have scored though Imo when his head seemed to go into his shoulders, with the goal gaping!.

In summary, we played some nice stuff, and were unlucky not to get at least a point, however, I thought at 3.10 after they scored, we wouldn't, and was proved right. That will come and we have many easier games on paper coming up, and I fully expect us to be top half on that showing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:40:10 »

Thanks SR. Interesting about Tijane and sounds like Mass will make us tick this year
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:51:21 »

Forgot, Storey came on with 25 left, and we looked more potent straight away, he worried them, did well. And I think the Iraqi guy came on? Played a shocker of a first pass, then looked pretty good after that, but I may be talking bollocks as I'm not sure it was him, whoever it was though, comment applies I suppose.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:52:57 »

And yes I have been drinking. Lots...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 22:04:22 »

Kasim did come on as a sub.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 22:32:24 »

Really impressed with that today. Very rare you can make a 3 hour journey home after a defeat feeling positive.

I think there really is the makings of a decent team amongst our current crop, ok I may well be looking through red tinted specs but a few players really stood out for me today. Tijane (the boy wants his name on his new shirt already), considering he is not match fit, really could be a frightening proposition for League 1 defences this year. He has power, pace and skill in abundance, early days but has the potential to be a fantastic signing and he fully deserved the standing ovation he got when substituted. Mason and Luongo really could form a great partnership in the middle and some of the triangles of play moving forward were full of energy. Darren Ward looked fairly solid for me today, I'm kind of grateful he hung around really. Not to sure what to say about Andy Williams today. When he did have the ball he did nothing with it but I tend to feel a little sorry for him as some of the flack being shouted at him from behind me was unwarranted and embarrassing, although it does help identify the neanderthals amongst us.

Stewarding and policing seemed a bit OTT and the lack of beer was a shame. The little ponce in the snack bar took great pleasure in handing me a bottle of Coke with the name Kathryn on. Cunt.

All in all a good day out and far from disappointed with the effort put in today, if we play like that week in week out we will win more games than what we lose.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 23:28:48 »

How many did we take?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 23:37:57 »

Precisely.  No point in people keep saying that these players should be in the squad, we can't afford to put them in the squad because of the ludicrous wages and bonuses the previous manager/chairman handed out.

Apart from Caddis who wants out (as long as the club is right, is in the right division and is paying at least what he is on now) I can see the rest seeing out their contracts, none of them are going to get as much anywhere else.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
china red

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 00:45:00 »

Isn't it great that football is back  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: