Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Personnel  (Read 12944 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:44:27 »

I think even the most clueless fucker could have made a go of that budget in the Championship.

Yeah but could Jed have?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:52:55 »

Depends if somebody else would have bought us as a Championship club instead of the massive.

Unless we'd had the league sewn up by January 31st then I don't see that being possible but would definitely agree that we would have been a fair more attractive prospect as a Championship side with back to back promotions. It puzzles me why Black didn't see that and continue to fund until the summer at least.

I think even the most clueless fucker could have made a go of that budget in the Championship.
JedCo still wouldn't have the money to cover the losses. Our budget wouldn't have looked so out of place but I don't think the financial benefits of Championship football is that much greater than L1, at least not in terms of TV money etc. Fairly certain someone posted an excellent breakdown of of it on here months back.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:55:10 »

Our budget wouldn't have looked so out of place but I don't think the financial benefits of Championship football is that much greater than L1, at least not in terms of TV money etc.
Don't have the figures to hand but IIRC it's substantially more in L1 terms, but not so in Championship terms. And therein lies the dilemma - the revenue goes up substantially but so does the spend you need to compete.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:56:00 »

Unless we'd had the league sewn up by January 31st then I don't see that being possible

I meant if Black had seen out the season, though there was obviously no guarantee we'd have gone up.

Also IIRC some expert reckoned Championship footy was worth an extra £5M over league 1.
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:59:05 »

I remember Jwray saying that there was a considerable boost in revenue when reaching the Championship and that sustainability would be more achievable.

This was when I had more confidence in what Jwray was saying.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 20:02:51 »

I stand corrected!

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 20:05:51 »

I meant if Black had seen out the season, though there was obviously no guarantee we'd have gone up.

Also IIRC some expert reckoned Championship footy was worth an extra £5M over league 1.

+2mill in tv revenue alone ( 300.00k lg1/2.mill champ )
increase in away support plus you can hike your sponsorship etc

So not an unreasonable figure i guess
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 20:32:32 »

If Wray and Di Canio were still here I reckon they would have pissed away the extra 5 million in a matter of weeks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 21:00:15 »

Can't argue with the results though...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 21:07:16 »

Can't argue with the results though...

Bet Di Canio could Smiley
Bignosebaz1980

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 22:55:25 »

I think the club benefited greatly under PDC. The media spotlight was always on us, 6 or 7 games on sky. Some of the best football being played for a long time. My only disappointment with PDC is that he has to air or the dirty laundry and publicly shame players, not sure if that was the best man management.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 08:39:01 »

Loved every minute of his tenure.

Happy to accept the current belt tightening as a result, because it was worth the shot.

Hope he fucks up at Sunderland, but that's more because it's Sunderland.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 09:08:48 »

Loved every minute of his tenure.

Happy to accept the current belt tightening as a result, because it was worth the shot.

Hope he fucks up at Sunderland, but that's more because it's Sunderland.
This - a great ride but the fairground had to move on at some point!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 09:11:37 »

If Wray and Di Canio were still here I reckon they would have pissed away the extra 5 million in a matter of weeks

And....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 12:24:02 »

And....

People are mentioning the extra money would have potentially made us sustainable, not with these two in charge.

Not me having a go, just reality. Without a rich owner willing to front up the money or fans willing to pay £50 a game we'd still be in just a rubbish situation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: