Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC again... in court  (Read 19865 times)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 12:59:33 »

We don't have the money to fund yet another court case. Obviously.
if the club won wouldn't it cost nothing?
An out of court settlement won't
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 13:26:15 »

Although I wouldn’t put it past Jed to turn up in court on his own without wearing a tie, dribbling Guinness and only corresponding with the anyone in the Courtroom by the medium of Twitter, usually it costs a fair amount of money to defend a legal case. Even if you win and get recompense, you do incur costs as you go along.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 13:30:17 »

Although I wouldn’t put it past Jed to turn up in court on his own without wearing a tie, dribbling Guinness and only corresponding with the anyone in the Courtroom by the medium of Twitter, usually it costs a fair amount of money to defend a legal case. Even if you win and get recompense, you do incur costs as you go along.

The judges asks him to confirm his name and he just replies with .......

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:31:07 »

Pitchforks can be put away for now then...(for at least a fortnight)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:29:13 »

In a previous job, I used to manage the defence of cases taken to the Employment Tribunal by current and former employees of a major national employer.  As much as it goes against the grain, there were cases when it made sound economical sense to settle a claim instead of incurring significant legal expenses in defending it all the way down the line. Not to mention the question of the risk of damage to the employer's reputation that can sometimes result from press coverage of a hearing.  There could be along list of factors which led to the decision to settle this case.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:18:49 »

sunderland may have had a word in his ear too after all the fuss when he was appointed, probably just want to be able to get on with things.
Dazzza

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 16:20:41 »

I have seen the same Sir Piss.   Companies particularly those with a public profile are more willing to settle to avoid dirty laundry being aired in public.  

Even when there's a strong case for the defence there may be information that is corroborated that is commercially sensitive or just plain embarrassing to the company if it makes the public domain.  Hence, very weak claims can often end up with a decent payout.

I think old Sugar Tits and that blond piece that won the Apprentice a couple of years ago is a good example of an employer making a stand but these are few and far between.

Weird one, cant imagine Di Canio had much of a case unless he really did have a contract which sated he was entitled to X amount of pocket money per year and key players could not be sold in which case the person responsible needs to shot.  I do wonder if Black had anything to do with paying him off and rather than  Jed wanting his linen aired it was more the previous owner that wanted none of it?

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 20:31:30 »

So this will be hushed up then and fans not told what the settlement is or why they settled.

A little disappointing I think.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:26:38 »

So this will be hushed up then and fans not told what the settlement is or why they settled.

A little disappointing I think.
Will the orange hats be made of tinfoil this time round?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:33:23 »

Will the orange hats be made of tinfoil this time round?

Unlikely...generally avaiable metallic foil has been made of aluminium rather than tin for about 100 years.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:37:33 »

Unlikely...generally avaiable metallic foil has been made of aluminium rather than tin for about 100 years.
Then we're all truly fucked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:44:47 »

Then we're all truly fucked.

Not necessarily...I came to terms with it many moons ago....if TIN can...you can
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 05:00:38 »

Silence bought then. At least that will keep up the speculation,insults,intheknow, fed up rant stuff on here.

Not as though some people on here need an excuse.Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: