Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 236182 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1215 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 17:43:08 »

There were plenty on here who wanted PdC out, not like you because of his politics, but because they didn't like his interviews.

Plenty, really?

Plenty on here cringed at certain things he said during interviews (myself included) and would have like him to have engaged brain before mouth sometimes. If I'm wrong fair enough but i can't remember seeing anyone wanting him to leave for this reason.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1216 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 17:43:39 »

Don't make the classic error of thinking there's some correlation between ability at being a manager and media presentation.
There were plenty on here who wanted PdC out, not like you because of his politics, but because they didn't like his interviews.

Appointing Cooper, because he's around, cheap and a yes man is a disaster waiting to happen.
Then again, maybe it wouldn't be. No one knows. You can't make that statement like it's a fact.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 18:06:29 »

Had Cooper at 20/1 a month back.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1218 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 20:15:56 »

Don't make the classic error of thinking there's some correlation between ability at being a manager and media presentation.

Appointing Cooper, because he's around, cheap and a yes man is a disaster waiting to happen.

Seems unfair to me, Reg. What about how Cooper has managed so far? Teamwise, got them behind him. Tactically on the ball ( subs effectively). Results so far 50/50. Maybe he's around, cheap and compliant but he has started pretty well IMO.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 22:22:26 »

Jed has said tonight that Cooper hasn't yet asked for the job but is one of three being considered. Thought cooper implied on the radio after Tuesdays game that he wanted to be in charge for the up and coming games. Maybe mark should be given his chance, we've played some decent football in the two competitive matches and won one so could be a lot worse.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1220 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 22:26:34 »

Yes won against a league 2 side at home. Im still undecided on him.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1221 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 22:33:11 »

Sign the cunt up or give me the job

Ignore
« Reply #1222 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 22:48:33 »

Yes won against a league 2 side at home. Im still undecided on him.
A few came unstuck against lower league sides Tuesday night so not completely straight forward. I'm certainly not 100% on the idea but how long is it going to take a new manager to settle in if that's the way the board go?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1223 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 22:54:57 »

I don't get what the rush is on appointing Cooper permanently.

Under the current arrangement the club has all the power. If in a couple of months time he's still doing well then we can offer him the full time job, but it could equally all go horribly wrong, in which case we haven't exposed ourselves to the extra liability of having to pay him off, and can move him quietly back into an assistant or youth team role.

I'm coming around to the idea that he might be the most suitable candidate myself, even if he has emerged essentially as the default option, but two games is not enough time to make a confident judgement either way.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1224 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 02:43:26 »

I like the bloke

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 06:04:19 »

Won't be too long either until other clubs start sacking their managers, then our options would really open up.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1226 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 06:06:07 »

Can you get managers on loan?
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #1227 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 06:44:26 »

I don't get what the rush is on appointing Cooper permanently.

Under the current arrangement the club has all the power. If in a couple of months time he's still doing well then we can offer him the full time job, but it could equally all go horribly wrong, in which case we haven't exposed ourselves to the extra liability of having to pay him off, and can move him quietly back into an assistant or youth team role.

I'm coming around to the idea that he might be the most suitable candidate myself, even if he has emerged essentially as the default option, but two games is not enough time to make a confident judgement either way.

Problem is that if in two months Cooper has a win % of say, 70, and hasn't yet been made permanent, another club could come in and Cooper would say 'well fuck Town, should've offered me the job at the start'. I see it as a bit of a no brainer. Regardless of who is in charge, we are going to have to play the same way with the squad as is, so there is limited impact any new manager can have. Cooper knows the players, knows the style we are going to be playing, so let's get him in continuing where he has started. And if he is as cheap as everyone is guessing, then paying him off should everything go pear shaped wouldn't be the end of the world anyway
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #1228 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 07:45:46 »

Is that a fact Reg? Playing devil's advocate a little but if PDC would have been a bit cheaper and had said yes to the board and bit more often we might not be in this mess.
kaufman

« Reply #1229 on: Friday, August 9, 2013, 08:23:27 »

Can you get managers on loan?

We could get this guy?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: