Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 236574 times)
china red

« Reply #1200 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 00:12:22 »

I think maybe the board wanted everyone to see how well we were playing under Cooper so that then it would be easier to give him the job.  I'm happy for him to take it, much worse options out there and tbh I have no problem with him being head coach, thats just the way football is going in.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 04:38:20 »

I think maybe the board wanted everyone to see how well we were playing under Cooper so that then it would be easier to give him the job.  I'm happy for him to take it, much worse options out there and tbh I have no problem with him being head coach, thats just the way football is going in.

They're actually being fairly sensible. He's doing the job anyway, why rush to change his title and commit unnecessarily? Gives the players (who clearly rate and like him) incentive to get results. If he gets those results then we'll all back him and suddenly he's the people's choice. No need for a punt. Meanwhile put some feelers out and see who's about. If we get a striker in, Cooper may well benefit. God knows we need some consolidation and continuity going forward.
Spud

« Reply #1202 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 05:49:52 »

I was against the idea of handing Cooper the managerial job on a full time basis, but if the team continues to play like they did on Tuesday night, then I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance?!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 14:07:08 »

They're actually being fairly sensible. He's doing the job anyway, why rush to change his title and commit unnecessarily? Gives the players (who clearly rate and like him) incentive to get results. If he gets those results then we'll all back him and suddenly he's the people's choice. No need for a punt. Meanwhile put some feelers out and see who's about. If we get a striker in, Cooper may well benefit. God knows we need some consolidation and continuity going forward.
Agree with all that
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 15:30:37 »

Cooper to be named if we beat Stevenage....

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 15:32:23 »

I want the best man for the job, if that really is Cooper then fair enough, but nobody should be installed by default just because we need someone.

Without knowing the list of applicants there isn't much to comment on.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1206 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:15:21 »

I'm starting to want Cooper, if only because he's the underdog. I think we all believed him to be a hoof merchant, before we'd kicked a ball, and by all accounts we're playing some nice stuff.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:18:30 »

Give Cooper the rest of the month and if there are no credible options that come up in that time then he may as well be given it for the season if we look decent in the next few matches.

He shouldn't get it on the back of a 1-0 win against Torquay as a few were suggesting.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:41:30 »

Give Cooper the rest of the month and if there are no credible options that come up in that time then he may as well be given it for the season if we look decent in the next few matches.

He shouldn't get it on the back of a 1-0 win against Torquay as a few were suggesting.

If we get beat by Stevenage, then there will be calls for Cooper's head before he even gets the job.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:47:02 »

I think I would give Cooper a go and use money that we were going to invest in a higher profile (than Cooper) manager towards getting a better striker (or two).

But then I'm quite loyal and always want people to be given the chance to succeed.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:55:38 »

Like many I'm finding myself warming to the idea.

The players seem to be keen and that helps.

It also like that when he speaks to the media he seems:

1. Human
2. Not thick
3. Not mental
4. Not completely lacking a sense of humour
5. Not completely up himself
6. Like he's got a vague idea of what he's doing and what kind of football he wants to play

I'm not sure that last time we had a manager that ticked all those boxes. Ossie possibly, although like most I rarely understood much more than the first three words of any interview he gave.

..never go back.
Red Jed

« Reply #1211 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:58:25 »

Excuse me for being a bit thick...but I hear about this Fredi person whether male or female it matters not and don't like what I hear.

Where exactly is the forum the thisis one, all I see is an old forum that nobody posts anything on in the last few months, anybody have a link please?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 16:58:38 »

1. Human
2. Not thick
3. Not mental
6. Like he's got a vague idea of what he's doing and what kind of football he wants to play

I'm not sure that last time we had a manager that ticked all those boxes. Ossie possibly, although like most I rarely understood much more than the first three words of any interview he gave.

Luggy ticked 1-5, shame his football philosophy was pretty dire to watch. Effective though.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 17:06:34 »

1. Human
2. Not thick
3. Not mental

?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 17:32:33 »

1. Human
2. Not thick
3. Not mental

Don't make the classic error of thinking there's some correlation between ability at being a manager and media presentation.
There were plenty on here who wanted PdC out, not like you because of his politics, but because they didn't like his interviews.

Appointing Cooper, because he's around, cheap and a yes man is a disaster waiting to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: