Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The season ahead  (Read 26799 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:16:12 »

You know it makes you go blind.....

:-D
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:24:26 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:25:13 »

Something that's not had much comment yet....is the trip to Portugal. This has sprung from left field a bit, and not quite in keeping with the austerity theme. Asssuming we've a new man/woman in charge by then, it could give them a chance to sort a few things out...I can't really see its purpose without.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:29:13 »

Something that's not had much comment yet....is the trip to Portugal. This has sprung from left field a bit, and not quite in keeping with the austerity theme. Asssuming we've a new man/woman in charge by then, it could give them a chance to sort a few things out...I can't really see its purpose without.

Are we playing games out there or is it just a training trip?  If there are no games sounds a bit of a waste to me.
Panda Paws

« Reply #94 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:30:57 »

Two friendlies lined up apparently
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:32:51 »

Maybe we will sign some more Ibón Arrieta type players while we are out there?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:45:15 »

Would hazard a guess it might have been organised to let the squad prepare for the season away from the distraction of press and fans.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:51:20 »

On the subject of Portugal whats happened with this winger we signed? Has he actually played yet or been seen?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:52:37 »

I think we're awaiting international clearance, not sure on that yet though!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:54:10 »

On the subject of Portugal whats happened with this winger we signed? Has he actually played yet or been seen?

You could have something there. It was stated last week Tijane was awaiting International clearance. No idea how long this takes but the rule say -

It must be understood that the registration of the player who has previously played abroad will not be
accepted until The Football Association is in receipt of an International Registration Transfer Certificate
issued in his/her behalf by the former Association. The player must not register or play in England for any
Club at any level until his/her clearance has been received”

So I guess he could play in any friendly matches abroad? Or have I read that wrongly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:20:27 »

Hence the last minute trip to Portugal! It all makes sense now Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:24:49 »

The Portugal trip was being planned 6 weeks ago.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:39:40 »

Hopefully they've decided to go ahead and confirm the Portugal trip with the intention of having a new manager in place by the 21st and allowing them to go sort out pre-season from there, which will hopefully mean that we won't have the slow start to the season that we are anticipating.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 11:43:48 »

Hopefully they've decided to go ahead and confirm the Portugal trip with the intention of having a new manager in place by the 21st and allowing them to go sort out pre-season from there, which will hopefully mean that we won't have the slow start to the season that we are anticipating.

Usually you will get the 'we are going to Portiugal for x days while there we will stay in x area and will play x games against x and y which will be good for the lads and give them a chance to get ot know each other'......

But we have had nothing so I wonder if they are secretly going to Margate and want the public to think they are in Portugal
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 11:47:17 »

You could have something there. It was stated last week Tijane was awaiting International clearance. No idea how long this takes but the rule say -

It must be understood that the registration of the player who has previously played abroad will not be
accepted until The Football Association is in receipt of an International Registration Transfer Certificate
issued in his/her behalf by the former Association. The player must not register or play in England for any
Club at any level until his/her clearance has been received”

So I guess he could play in any friendly matches abroad? Or have I read that wrongly.

I'm a little surprised that we've been allowed to sign anyone given the ongoing dispute with Adam Rooney and the pfa's involvement 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: